Sign in to follow this  
AndrewB

Losing fps over long flight

I have an issue which as started since the last service update, I am losing fps on a long flight... FPS start out at 50/60  and over 5 hours drop to 10fps. 

I have removed everything from the Community folder... Same problem... Any idea's

I am running a 9900k @ 5 with a 3080Ti  32G Ram

Andrew

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

What aircraft are you flying?  If you’ve removed everything in the community folder then it must be a default and unmodded aircraft.

Gary

i9-13900K, Asus RTX 4080, Asus Z790 Plus Wi-Fi, 32 GB Ram, Seasonic GX-1000W, LG C1 48” OLED 4K monitor, Quest 3 VR

@AndrewB Noticed exactly the same thing yesterday! FBW A320, took off at 30-40FPS, mid-flight after 2h or so, was at 10-12.
I initially thought it's because of the cloud cover but I landed in clear skies and no change. Interestingly enough, once I got on the ground, normal FPS again

Edited by masaki

Stefan Ticusan

Check out this recent topic and see if you find a solution.

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/604641-performance-degradation-with-long-hauls/

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

One item to check:

cpu temps. I had a runaway command assigned in the MSFS. It was executing a command over and over (cycling the NAV lights on and off) which heated up cpu ever so very slowly and dropped frame rates from 45 fps all the way to 5 fps after an hour and a half. On every single flight. I unassigned the command and the problem instantly disappeared forever. CoreTemp is the popular cpu heat checker.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

Same problem here, start around 60fps and drop at 5 after 2 or 3 hours flight, go back to normal as soon as i touch the ground 

weird

I've had this issue a couple of times flying the FBW 320 and in my opinion it is related to the amount of live traffic at the departure airport. 

Long flights (4 hours+ duration) starting from DFW and ORD where there was lots of traffic resulted in eventual frame rate drops.  Surprising to me was that equally long flights originating from FAI where little or no AI traffic were present have not affected frame rates.

Flying with live traffic turned off has cured this for me.  Shame because I enjoy flying with live traffic around. 

I'm now flying again at my fixed limit of 40fps with all settings on ultra. 

• Like 1

I have experienced this too with long flights using Live traffic. I have found that when the frames rates get down below 30fps. usually after 3 hrs If I hit the escape key and turn live traffic off and apply and then turn it back on that my frames go immediately back to my usual 60 fps. Something with SU 5 has caused this.

• Like 1

System Intel core I9-10900.Asus prime Z490P motherboard, Corsair 32gb ddr4 dram, Samsung 970 EVO 1TB SSD and 1 TB Seagate Barracuda HD. Zotac GE force RTX 2080 Super  750 Watt power supply, Windows 10 Pro, Honeycomb yoke and Bravo,Thrustmaster pedals

1 hour ago, masaki said:

Thank you, some good tips there.

Advise us all if any of them are successful.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Same for me: A320NX EGPH to LGSM. Started around 30 fps and would have finished around 12 fps. I managed to get it up to 16fps by selecting the external view a few times to finish the flight. 1080ti, 9900k, 32Gb RAM. Will try the live traffic trick next time.

Regards

Howard

H D Isaacs

No problems here, I am lucky as I flew from Buenos Aires to New York, with no performance degrade.-

Very interesting flight as I cross into IDA at 37.000 ft and it was a real spectacle

I've tried various things, enable/disable traffic, real time weather, disable shader caching in Nvidia panel, the issue still persists.
Took off from BIKF to HECA in FBW A320 at 30FPS with v-sync enabled. 4 hours into the flight, FPS are down to 10, and the system utilization is actually quite low. Sim shows limited by main thread but for no reason when I look at OS performance.
CPU utilization is 30%, main memory utilization 6GB out of 32GB, GPU memory usage 3.7GB out of 8GB.

Really at a loss where the bottleneck is, but doesn't seem system related.

Edited by masaki

Stefan Ticusan

10 minutes ago, masaki said:

I've tried various things, enable/disable traffic, real time weather, disable shader caching in Nvidia panel, the issue still persists.
Took off from BIKF to HECA in FBW A320 at 30FPS with v-sync enabled. 4 hours into the flight, FPS are down to 10, and the system utilization is actually quite low. Sim shows limited by main thread but for no reason when I look at OS performance.
CPU utilization is 30%, main memory utilization 6GB out of 32GB, GPU memory usage 3.7GB out of 8GB.

Really at a loss where the bottleneck is, but doesn't seem system related.

after a few long 8 plus hours flights with no issues using default 747 and 87 Im now encountering the same issue last night coming back to the states from dubai after 9 hours in the air i started to see a performace drops with similar numbers 7.2 gb out of 32 ram and the EXACT same for GPU around 3.4 to 3.8 out of 8 gb . 

Image removed as image is no longer available.