Sign in to follow this  
RFields5421

fsx beech baron 58 suddenly missing all gauges

aircraft previously ok. one day, found to have panel (2d and vc) without any gauges. also noted that in g-1000 variation, the 3 pop-up analogue backup gauges in the copilot panel are also missing. does anyone know what might have caused problem and how to fix it? i note that the fs9 beechcraft baron 58 has a beech_baron.cab file and a beech_rmi.cab in the fs 9 main gauges folder. i cannot find any beech gauges or .cab files in fsx. is there some connection here?grateful for any suggestions or assistance, before i try inserting the beech.cab files somewhere into fsx.steve chavin

>aircraft previously ok. one day, found to have panel (2d and>vc) without any gauges. also noted that in g-1000 variation,>the 3 pop-up analogue backup gauges in the copilot panel are>also missing. does anyone know what might have caused problem>and how to fix it? >>i note that the fs9 beechcraft baron 58 has a beech_baron.cab>file and a beech_rmi.cab in the fs 9 main gauges folder. i>cannot find any beech gauges or .cab files in fsx. is there>some connection here?>>grateful for any suggestions or assistance, before i try>inserting the beech.cab files somewhere into fsx.>>steve chavinHi SteveI had a similar problem with the guages disappearing when there was low visibility when I was using the XP O.S.I was using ASV and was advised to change the visibilty from 0 to a number greater then 10.This did the trick and corrected the loss of the guages on the 2D panel during very low visibility.I am not sure what your specs are, but I believe the problem effected simmers using duo core machines.I have since installed Vista Ultimate and the problem has completely disappeared along with CTD.Good luck.Kenny G.

Beech_Baron.cab is a default gauge file in the default FSX Gauges folder.I don't have the RMI gauge in a default install of FS2004 or FSX.BTW most of the newer FSX gauges are .DLL files, not .GAU or .CAB

Guest stewi2

>aircraft previously ok. one day, found to have panel (2d and>vc) without any gauges. also noted that in g-1000 variation,>the 3 pop-up analogue backup gauges in the copilot panel are>also missing. does anyone know what might have caused problem>and how to fix it? >I've had that problem with missing gauges since day 1. I don't get any gauges in the 747, DC3 and Cub, plus exactly what you are seeing on the Baron G1000 panel. What also doesn't work is both the GPS295 and GPS500, as well as the handheld radio in the ultralight. Are you seeing the same ? I seem to have tracked it down to a problem with FS9 formatted XML gauges. Gauges that are written in the newer FSX XML format all work, as do C gauges (*.gau files).I've been trying to solve this problem ever since I got the sim, but it seems like nobody else is having it. The .cab file is just an archive that usually has an XML file plus some bitmaps btw.Do you have any idea if you installed something that might have changed any system libraries ? Perhaps a Windows service pack, or IE7 ?-- Stefan>i note that the fs9 beechcraft baron 58 has a beech_baron.cab>file and a beech_rmi.cab in the fs 9 main gauges folder. i>cannot find any beech gauges or .cab files in fsx. is there>some connection here?>>grateful for any suggestions or assistance, before i try>inserting the beech.cab files somewhere into fsx.>>steve chavin

Sorry for the necropost but I started having this same problem recently. No changes had been made to the sim prior to this happening. I just checked and I don't have a Beech_Baron.cab in my Gauges folder. Would appreciate any help! Thanks. Here's a pic of what is happening:beechbarongauges.jpg

Alexander Alonso

I would GREATLY appreciate it if a kind someone could please email me a copy of their "Beech_Baron.cab" found in the GAUGES directory/folder. I don't know how but mine is gone. My email is "aalonso at aol dot com." Thank you!!

Alexander Alonso

To the OP: FSX definitely has a Beech_Baron.cab file in the Gauges folder.This is the file you need. Maybe you can pull it off the CD or run a "fix FSX" cycle.

Bert

Thank you for the information, Bert. You are definitely correct! That did the trick. I did notice that the radio stack is not showing up so I'm thinking that I'm missing yet another cab file but unsure which one. See below:beachbaronradiostack.jpg

Alexander Alonso

I got the missing radio stack back by copying all of the "Bendix_King_Radio" gau files from FS9 over to FSX.

Alexander Alonso