Sign in to follow this  
Guest Hugo

TreeX version 1.1 is coming

They look good, but I am wondering what is the major advantage of these trees? Are they "fuller" or "wider"? Are they easier on framerates? Or do they just look better?RhettAMD 3700+ (@2310 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 2.5-3-3-8 (1T), WD 250 gig 7200 rpm SATA2, CoolerMaster Praetorian case

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest JackDanielsDrinker

He mentioned better colors and textures. We'll have to see when they are released.

Guest FxF3

I have version 1 and that works and looks great in the treeX performance pack. Have not tried the other 2 packs yet.

Yes, the performnce pack now allows the "normal" autogen setting to give me 18fps. FSX not useable otherwise.Regards,Dick Boley

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA

Guest Hugo

The pack has been uploaded to Avsim. A matter of few hours to appear in the library I guess.Hugo

A question about installing this new version.v1 contained 116 files.v1.1 contains 114 files.Not included in v1.1 are the following 2 files that were in v1:treesConifer.ddsTreesNew.ddsDoes anyone know what we're to do here? Are we to stick with these 2 files from v.1 or are we to replace them with the FSX default version of these 2 files?Thanks, Robert

Thanks to Aime Leclercq for his very nice work.I thought colours in the first set were too bright, now they are perfect and even the birds love them!!Merci beaucoup Aime :-)best regards,David Roch

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Guest JimC1702

Yeah, the new trees look fantastic.Thanks a lot!Jim

Could someone please tell me if this replaces all of the tree types in the default tree set with "like" trees etc.With thanks,Chris Porter:-outta

The trees look great in the pictures. However I am a little confused and have one question. What is the relationship between these .dds files and the treesSP.bmp, treesSU, treesFA, treesWI, treesHW that are in the main texture folder. How are the latter deployed in FSX. Within FS9 there were only the trees... files - the .dds files are new to FSX.It is just that I have modified the trees.. files to give a blurred effect, following another idea that someone had posted on the forums, and was wondering how this may influence these new .dds textures, if at all?Cheers,Stuart

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

Guest allcott

I coud be wrong, Stuart, but I think the Trees* .bmp are there for compatibility purposes, and the .dds files are the new standard texture format.Allcott

I tried this. and compared it with FSX Default in two different areas Saba Island and Aspen Co.FPS wise I did not notice any difference..infact my default FSX gave me 2FPS more on the average. Default FSX - 42FPS (Saba) and 32(ASPEN) and TreeX 1.1 - 40FPS (Saba) and (30(ASPEN).Qualitatively, TreeX 1.1 is not worse. Thats good. However, I am not sure which is better. I did not try different season and what not... So thats up in the air for me.But still..choices are good. This is worth the try.. I may have to try this on my OLD Dell XPS 2 PC to test it there as well...to see If I can gain something there.Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Guest dg3274

Manny, did you try running with more trees (increasing autgen slider, more MAX_TREES in cfg file) than you normally do during your testing? Or do you have it maxed out already??? Just wondering.

Yeah.. I have it maxed. I love trees.. so I was not going to compromize on that. I also picked the Hi-res version.In fact..I even had the cfg settings for tree to 4000 or 5000. More than even the default.:(Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter