Sign in to follow this  
BostonJeremy77

New freeware Tupolev TU-134!!!!

Tu-134 for X-Plane (vk.com)

This just came out today. It helps to speak Russian (I am sure you can use Google translate for the site - it's a little less forgiving in the cockpit). I am a fluent Russian speaker, so this was a gift I was very happy to receive. And I just began to get comfortable with Felis' excellent TU-154...

Anyhow, I thought I'd share. 

• Like 5

53 minutes ago, Greazer said:

I can't believe those Russians would paint the cockpit that horrible green color.

It's a nostalgic Soviet thing. 😉 From my understanding, most of even civilian aircraft were designed to be converted into military application very quickly. Perhaps it has something to do with that. I am quite fond of it. Brings a nice change from the Boeing and Airbus cockpits. 

Seems to be great freeware! 3D cabin, X-Camera views, many working switches. Some understanding of Russian langugage would be good, but not unevitable, essentially there are many-many abbreavtions in use which meaning should be just known. Still some docs or videos or checklists would be great. I managed to start the APU but now starting the engines is small challenge. Both Yak-40 and Tu-154 had nice bunch of toggle switches under the cover to start the engine, nothing similar in 134.

Ok - seems that this VK.com page has some nice videos about aircraft. After watching I managed to start the engines, startup switch-box was indeed located near the sidewall of commander seat. In USSR only commander could start the engine or use radar. Nice aircraft!

• Like 1

Fantastic! I've been watching the development thread on and off and was wondering when it's finally done.

https://www.avsim.su/forum/topic/202828-ту-134б-в-хр11-или-новости-135-го-завода/

(Run it through Google Translate or so.)

As for the startup and operation, any tutorial (except naviagion due to the B version not having an appropriate station) for the FS9/FSX SCS Tu-134A should apply. There are multiple ones on Youtube.

Edited by Bjoern
  • Like 1

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

Greetings All,

Using the few Youtube videos available and the English translated cockpit textures from the Org, along with Google Translating the Russian forum, I have this thing flying great from cold and dark. 

I have the autopilot working in heading, VOR and GPS tracking modes, and in vertical speed mode with auto-throttle.

The only thing that has me stumped is the Altitude Hold function of the autopilot.  Can anybody explain the proper procedure to get it engaged?

I get the my vertical speed down to almost nothing while approaching TOC, push the ALT hold button, but it doesn't work.

Thank you,

Greg

4 hours ago, cap10jaf said:

Greetings All,

Using the few Youtube videos available and the English translated cockpit textures from the Org, along with Google Translating the Russian forum, I have this thing flying great from cold and dark. 

I have the autopilot working in heading, VOR and GPS tracking modes, and in vertical speed mode with auto-throttle.

The only thing that has me stumped is the Altitude Hold function of the autopilot.  Can anybody explain the proper procedure to get it engaged?

I get the my vertical speed down to almost nothing while approaching TOC, push the ALT hold button, but it doesn't work.

Thank you,

Greg

The Hold button should light up in yellow. Does it?

No.  I understood it would light up red when active and the light was not very bright, but I can't get it to engage. It just clicks in and out.

Is your autopilot in a "ready" mode? Something tells me your AP is not working. As in... at all. It's been a couple of weeks since I have flown this as I usually fly the 134A on P3D and that one has a different autopilot... But in any case, the autopilots all work in generally the same way - they need to be "ready" before you can engage any modes.