Sign in to follow this  
Toneal2

Azure and ATC

Last night's flight had some strange things happening with ATC. I heard a woman's voice for the first time. Different male voices a well.

I got a couple of messages about Azure not working (again a first). Has this happened to anyone else? 

Azure was  ot working..from time to time a little dailogue box comes to advise that online ATC will default to built in ATC...for whatever reason, (it has happened a couple of times to me recently).. i am assuming that the developers are working in fine tuning the files.

If you get thrown back to the inbuilt voices, it usually means your internet has crapped out and the connection was lost. 

It's happened 4 or 5 times to me now.  Never happened before sim downgrade 5.

• Like 1

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

It started happening post SD5 and my internet is just fine. On top of it as soon as this in-built controller (male or female) comes up, I lose the controllers all together after I get switched to the next frequency. Hopefully they address all of this in the WU5.

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

Yes, I used to get this too.  Altough, I've now switched to "offline" ATC voices permanently, as I prefer the greater variety of voices, and the female controller!  (although the Azure voices are more realistic).

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

7 hours ago, Toneal2 said:

Last night's flight had some strange things happening with ATC. I heard a woman's voice for the first time. Different male voices a well.

I got a couple of messages about Azure not working (again a first). Has this happened to anyone else? 

Known bug, I hope it will be solved, maybe in SU6?

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

A full manual for FS2020 would be quite a tome and a nightmare to keep up to date. I appreciate the value of AVSIM being able to hone in on a specific concern. Thanks for the input - all very helpful.

11 hours ago, Toneal2 said:

Yes I noticed that on my last flight as well (2 days ago). Also noticed the controllers where using real life callsigns like UPS, Delta, Spirit, to name a few. Had not heard that before.

37 minutes ago, decker89 said:

Also noticed the controllers where using real life callsigns like UPS, Delta, Spirit, to name a few. Had not heard that before.

It's been there since go-live back in last August.

• Like 1

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

To be honest, what is Azure? How does it influence the atc? I didn't notice any big difference ?

Azure is Microsoft's cloud computing service. It provides the text to speech for the ATC voices. If your computer looses the connection to the Azure servers, ATC will switch to the Windows built in text to speech voices, which are (in my opinion) not as nice sounding as the Azure voices. The Azure voices sound more "human" while the Windows voices sound more "computery".

...jim

• Upvote 1

ASUS Prime Z790-E, Intel i9 13900K, 32Gb DDR5 Ram, Nvidia 3090 24Gb, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500 GB and 1 TB, Samsung Odyssey G9 Ultrawide 49" G-SYNC Monitor.