Sign in to follow this  
sammy

FBW A320 profile for StreamDeck XL

Try the AAO WebFIPs too, in the "Gauges" menu. Open the dialog, add an instrument, doubleclick on the textbox with your local IP in it. If the instrument is then shown in your browser, at least port 8080 is available. If not, something really doesn't want local IP communication to happen on your computer.

LORBY-SI

Hello good morning,

i tried

const AAO_URL = " http://192.168.1.149:8080/webfips ";
const REFRESH_MS = 100;

shall I keep webapi port 9080?

I have created a widows 10 rule to allow all TCP/IP connections for Lorby software and it does not work still

I have no other idea?

A last question: I am trying to edit a windows defender protocol to allow port 9080 but I am not sure about the protocole TCP , IPv6?

1 hour ago, sammy said:

shall I keep webapi port 9080?

The WebAPI port must be the same in the settings.js and in AAO. You can't set the plugin to 8080 and the WebAPI to 9080, that will never work. If you want to switch to 8080, change the WebFIPs port to 9080 and the WebAPI port to 8080, otherwise you have a conflict.

The IP together with the port is the address that is used for communication between the plugin and AAO. If you set up different ports in either of them, no communication is possible.

LORBY-SI

48 minutes ago, sammy said:

A last question: I am trying to edit a windows defender protocol to allow port 9080 but I am not sure about the protocole TCP , IPv6?

?? surely you mean the Windows firewall? AAO uses a TCP port, and the address is IPv4.

LORBY-SI

Yes windows defender firewall

I set advanced as :

Protocol type: TCP

Local specific port 9080

remote port: all ports

Is that wright?

In summary:

• clean windows 10 installation on a new computer i9-10700 RTX 3080
  • MSFS 2020 version 1.18.15.0
  • webapi and plugin set to 9080
  • specific windows defender rule to open port 9080 on all programs

= unable make streamdeck communicating with FBWA32NX (little gauge, specific scripts for lorby AAO)

Are you still convinced it is a firewall blockage?

29 minutes ago, sammy said:

Are you still convinced it is a firewall blockage?

Of course not, and that is not what I said. It can be anything, network security and port conflicts were just the only problems that ever occured. What I am convinced of is, that it is something on your end, otherwise everybody would see this. But nobody else does, so there is no systematic error neither in the plugin nor in AAO. And it is pointless to look for one - hundreds of people are using this combination successfully every day. The few complaints there were, were all related to network security or a second program already using the port. Not once has there been a code error. Every version of the plugin is tested by multiple people before release.

Did you check the Elgato debug console, what does it have to say about the AAO plugin? Is there a connection error or is there something else (cross compatibility issue with another plugin maybe)? If there are errors, then the console will contain messages in red print. This should immediately clear up any doubt if it is network security or not. 

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

do you mean a log file like this one found in elgato/streamdeck/logs

If yes there is not any line with AAO and no messages in red print?

I can send it to you?

15:16:19.461                     epl                               dbgcommand():                                   using log file 'C:\Users\alain\AppData\Roaming\Elgato\StreamDeck\logs\StreamDeck0.log'
15:16:19.461                     StreamDeck                        main():                                         Arguments:
15:16:19.461                     StreamDeck                        main():                                         C:\Program Files\Elgato\StreamDeck\StreamDeck.exe
15:16:19.461                     StreamDeck                        main():                                         --runinbk
15:16:19.461                     StreamDeck                        main():                                         Compiled with Qt 5.15.2 ; SSL: OpenSSL 1.1.1g  21 Apr 2020
15:16:19.463                     StreamDeck                        main():                                         Runtime SSL Supported: 1
15:16:19.463                     StreamDeck                        main():                                         Runtime SSL version used: OpenSSL 1.1.1d  10 Sep 2019
15:16:19.595                     StreamDeck                        EGQTTranslationManager::LoadLocalizations():    Could not load the 'en_US' localization
15:16:19.603                     StreamDeck                        ESDCustomPluginCommunication::start():          Using port 28196 to communicate with plugins
15:16:19.627                     StreamDeck                        ESDPluginManager::LoadPluginsInFolder():

1 hour ago, sammy said:

do you mean a log file like this one found in elgato/streamdeck/logs

No.

I am talking about the Elgato debug console. I already posted the link to the documentation about how to activate and access it earlier in this thread.

Create your own plugin - Developer Documentation (elgato.com)

The instructions about how to activate and access the Debug console are one screen scroll down on this web page.

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

I seem to be having same problem.  With similar response from 'other author'.  See attached screenshot .Could you please tell me where I can find the settings.js file.  I've searched to no avail.

lorbyGauges.jpg

Edited by charliearon
embed photo

10 hours ago, harvesthunt said:

I seem to be having same problem

No, that is not the same problem.

You obviously didn't download/install the AAO StreamDeck plugin from the AxisAndOhs Weebly website. This plugin is required for an SD profile to work (and there should be instructions about how to get it from the author of the profile?)

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI