Sign in to follow this  
Guest SSDriver

FSX Boeing 737 addons

Guest enigmamcmxc3

Hey, I was wondering if anyone knew if there are any good add-ons for the stock 737 that comes with fsx. I know there has to be some. I saw a video on youtube where this guy did an ILS landing and the autopilot did the callouts for how many feet above ground. Does anyone know what addon this is, and if there are any others since i've dedicated most my time to flying the 737, some addons that would add more functionality to my experience would be great! ThanksJoe

Guest jshyluk

Boy howdy, did you ever ask the right question at the right time! While there are add-ons that will give you a GPWS and/or a co-pilot voice for default MSFS aircraft, I would bet that you were listening to Dave March's "Flight Deck Companion Live Cockpit!". The really good news is, that I've just finished writing a review for Avsim for this very add-on program. Please look out for it on the main page in the next few days, and see if this is what you are looking for. If you can't wait, you can always ask Dave March about it himself, he's got his own Avsim forum in the Flight Deck Companion section. Jeff Shyluk,Avsim Product Reviewer

Guest idratherbeflying

Hi Joe,I don't know if you already know about these but in case you don't, I think that your are looking for these products:http://www.precisionmanuals.com/html/73767.htmhttp://www.fs2crew.com/product2.htmThe first one is the 737 add-on you're looking for and the second one will bring your cockpit to life. Make note that I don't work for neither of these companies and that I don't own the products either. However, the reviews of both products are very good. On the down side, there are not ready yet for FSX, but I'm sure that they will come around soon.Hope this helps and happy flying.Louie.

Louie,FS2Crew will be re-doing the 737 Edition from scratch when PMDG releases their FSX 737 version.The current version of FS2Crew for the 737 (Default and PMDG) is over two years-old now, and the plan is to bring this edition up to the latest FS2Crew standards. Hopefully this will all happen sooner rather than later.Cheers,Bryan

Guest jshyluk

Aye, there's the rub - the waiting. I've converted completely to FSX with no going back, so that means my PMDG 737 will sit on the shelf for a while, as I re-discover GA VFR flying. The PMDG 737 was no friend to my frame rate on my old FS9 machine, so I can only hope that with Vista and DX10, that my newer system will have the horses to run the new PMDG for FSX. The original PMDG 737 won much acclaim from Avsim, rightly deserved. It was a groundbreaking achievement in passenger jet models. Anybody with even a passing interest in the Boeing 737 owes themselves a look at this product, especially if they want a change from the default MSFS version. Still, both the PMDG 737 and the FS2Crew module for it are starting to show some age. I am really looking forward to their transition to FSX, if -- IF -- my frame rates can stay reasonable. Jeff ShylukAvsim Product Reviewer

Guest SSDriver

Ah this sorta answered my previous post about looking for a plane with FMC functionality. I was a late bloomer and just got the FS2crew 737 for FS9 and I'm loving it. I too axed FS9 and installed FSX but I missed my old add-ons too much LOL so I had to go back for now. I'm a little surprised the addon's arent more available yet. I guess the code really changed for the programmers. Now I just have to figure out what to do for Flight Controls while I wait. I'm leaning on finally taking the plunge and getting the CH Yoke.