Sign in to follow this  
virtuali

FSX.cfg missing...

...Good day everyone,a friend of mine recently installed FSX, and wanted to install FS9 aircraft. After reading an article in Computer Pilot magazine, he found an excellent article on how to do that. The thing is, it requires a change to the fsx.cfg file. I came over to help out with that, but neither of us (even after a file search and following all instructions given by the magazine) can actually find the said file! There's a scenery.cfg and oldscenery.cfg, but no fsx.cfg. Has anyone else run into this problem? And if so, can you point us in the right direction? Thanks,

Yep, through my computer or explorer go to tools/folder options/view and click to show hidden files and folders.When I originally installed FSX I installed to my E: drive, and I was not able top find fsx.cfg anywhere, even if I searched for it. I don't know what the deal was but I then uninstalled and reisntalled to the default directory and then the FSX.cfg showed up.

Guest X15

C:Documents and Settings**login name**Application DataMicrosoftFSXfsx.CFGI know because I couldn't fine it yesterday either. My installation is on a different drive to the OS.Advise your friend to drop a shortcut to the file on the desktop, then it is much easier to find it again.

Hello everyone,Thanks so much for the responses, and they were very helpful. Unfortunately, we had already selected the "show hidden files" option, and there was still no FSX.cfg. We did check that the path was correct (C:Documents and Settingsuser nameApplication DataMicrosoftFSX) - but there was no cfg file to be found. Even after doing a Windows file search, nothing turned up. Any other suggestions? Thanks again,

Guest X15

I did all this yesterday also, show hidden files, windows file search for all drives etc. and couldn't see it, in the end I navigated to the folder and played with settings under the tools heading, and there it was. Pesky thing.

>C:Documents and Settings**login name**Application>DataMicrosoftFSXfsx.CFGThis is MUCH easier to remember, because is valid for every Windows installation path and every user login, just select Start->Run and type:%APPDATA%MicrosoftFSXand it will open the correct folder.