Sign in to follow this  
Guest captaindobbin

Fsx Seaports

HiCan anyone please tell me how to find the seaports in FSX so i can takeoff with an amphibian plane? I cannot find them in the "Go to airport" menu...Thanks in advance.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

Thanks Holger, that is a good start indeed. Even though it is just for USA.Cheers.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

Hi HolgerNice information.I could add to that question.How do you find heliports/stops??RegardsHenrik KorningGreenland

Hi there,as far as I know the default airport files don't inlcude any seaports outside the US. Not sure why that is but it could be a lack of source data or the fact that placing seaplane bases and especially their water runways requires extensive manual checks for each base.Henrik, don't know about heliports, sorry. If an airport has a helipad you can select that from the start position menu but I don't think there are many of those in the default files. In our upcoming Glacier Bay v2 freeware package we placed a whole bunch of helipads/heliports and none of them were in the default files for that area. Maybe the people al Hovercontrol know more about default helipads or have made lists: http://www.hovercontrol.com/Cheers, Holger

Guest captaindobbin

Yeah that's one thing that amazed me about fsx. How can you have a waterbound beaver as a flagship model for flying low and slow yet not have a way of automatically finding seaports? Fortunately in Alaska they're all over the place. Mytraffic adds a few. Holger I can't express how excited I am for glacier bay 2. And Tongass Fjords II, as an Italian-American would say, forget about it.

Though Puerto Rico, the US Virgin Islands and Hawaii do have some water runways / seaports.I created two water runways / seaports for flyable aircraft in east Africa earlier this year for a test.But as we discovered in the RTW race, you often land on the water within a mile or two of regular airport.The issue is start locations.I've placed the Cessna in FSX, slew to a water area - then change aircraft while in the slew mode to the Beaver - come out of slew mode and then fly.Not an 'elegant solution' but workable.