Sign in to follow this  
Ray Proudfoot

Do you think airport sceneries are too expensive?

I perfectly accept and understand Virtuali's point of view because I appreciate and respect his work for many years and I know he is honest when he speaks about the time spent to make a good scenery.ArtieLange, Thanks for the good advise my friend, I will begin very soon!!And probably will I learn a lot from you when I'll see your contribution to FS because I assume, according to the tone of your message, that you are a scenery designer yourself, right? ;-)

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Guest ArtieLange

>I perfectly accept and understand Virtuali's point of view>because I appreciate and respect his work for many years and I>know he is honest when he speaks about the time spent to make>a good scenery.>>ArtieLange, Thanks for the good advise my friend, I will begin>very soon!!>And probably will I learn a lot from you when I'll see your>contribution to FS because I assume, according to the tone of>your message, that you are a scenery designer yourself, right?>;-) Way to much work involved, I'll stick to buying scenery.

Guest Keyno-onyeK

Well back to scenery pricing. I go by megabyte. I am happy paying for scenery thats a $ dollar per megabyte and more. Under a megabyte, my money stays in the CC.

Dave,The problem of apparently high-priced scenery is not because of developer greed but of the US Dollar weakness. When it's approaching 2 USD for 1 UKP any Europe or UK scenery package is bound to be more expensive for Americans.Remind me how much FSX was in the US. About 60 USD? That equates to around 31UKP but we had to pay 50UKP!! That equates to nearly 100USD!Ask yourself who is really being ripped off! The answer is we both are depending where the product is sourced x( Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Ray - I believe you are probably right. I have yet to understand whyyou guys in the UK were charged more for the same product(FSX). I was underthe impression that it was a good time to be outside the US and buyingproducts from the US (due to the exchange rate - weak dollar).I'll have to wait until the dollar gets stronger, I guess.It could be a while :-roll

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

>Ray - I believe you are probably right. I have yet to >understand why>you guys in the UK were charged more for the same product(FSX).I think it's called Ripping Off the Brits! Something very popular with many companies over here. Microsoft (UK) would have decided what they could get away with rather than basing the UK price on the current US Dollar exchange rate.GoFlight products are also very expensive over here. What costs 160USD amazingly turns out as 160UKP or as near as makes no difference. Blinkin' annoying! :-(>I'll have to wait until the dollar gets stronger, I guess. It could be a while :-roll It's all under the control of your Govt. Once they decide it's better for the US economy to have a stronger dollar it will happen. In the meantime we Brits (and Euro zone simmers) have the advantage but not for ever ;-)Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest rightnumberone

Hmmm....I was in a hotel in London recently and asked the nice gift shop lady for two packages of Marlboro Lights cigarettes.She then asked me for $26 US dollars.I then asked her if she wouldn't mind calling me an ambulance.

LOL! That would be $0.10 for the cigarettes and $25.90 duty (tax). I exaggerate ever so slightly but the smoker and drinker in the UK is seen as a soft touch!But if all the drinkers and smokers suddenly stopped where would we get the money to run the National Health Service? :-erks Hope the ambulance arrived in time ;-)

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather