Sign in to follow this  
DadJokeCinema

didn't Phil Taylor say we could watch that FSX DX10 'exhibit' online?

There was an online thing a couple of weeks ago that was to showcaseDX10 (and Vista, I guess) and it was going to show a lot of FSX.You had to sign up for the webcast.I was sure that I had seen where Phil Taylor (or maybe another ACES member)had said that the webcast would be made available online for all of us to see.I keep checking the blogs and various websites but I haven't seen it mentioned again.Did I miss it? Is it out there somewhere? Is it still going to be putonline? I'd realy like to see what FSX looks like with DX10. I'msure I'm not alone in that.

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

I never heard about any webcast. All I heard was that it was to be a "walkthrough of DX10 magic screenies".I'd say that will NOT occur for at least several months.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2310 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 2.5-3-3-8 (1T), WD 250 gig 7200 rpm SATA2, CoolerMaster Praetorian case

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest IMM22

Yes There was a webcast and I see it.Is on:Recording Subject: Direct X10 and Vista Take your gaming to the next levelRecording ID: 5113Organizer: MS USPRRecording On: Thursday, Feb 15, 2007 3:37 PM (PST)Duration : 0:56And It was about DX10 and vista combined with FSX as an example of what you can do with DX10.. :-) FSX an example of DX10 technology ? ?!?!? What ?!?!well, this webcast is on Microsoft websitehttps://www.livemeeting.com

Guest Go Packers

OK I must be stupid...I went to the website....and it all seemed about communications...could you please let me know how to find the web cast...as I would like to see it as well...jareth

Guest IMM22

I think you have to register, and there is a lot of webcastsBut I cannot send a direct link. But is there...

There are 2 different "things" here:1) the webcast from 2 weeks ago2) a future discussion I promised on the screenshots that Aces released last yearI spend more time on why DX10 is good in the webcast than on the FSX DX10 plan. We need to get SP1 finished off and make progress on DX10 before we should comment in depth on what we intend to deliver.

Guest robby88

It would be a good idea if a link to this webcast was made available of the FSinsider site. Actually I thought I read on one of the Aces blogs or a forum post somewhere that it would be? Hal?....Phil? anyone?

I am trying to get a link from the USPR people who sponsored the webcast. I apologize about the delay.

Thanks, Phil, for the information. I'll keep an eye out for it.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

I was personally hoping for more questions regarding what sort of future developments we'd see using the new features of DX10 and less "When is the patch coming out".

>I was personally hoping for more questions regarding what>sort of future developments we'd see using the new features of>DX10 and less "When is the patch coming out".I think its a case of 'once bitten, twice shy'. I'd love to see what theyare working on but I'll know what I get when I get it.but as for questions: When will HDR be incorporated? Why wasn't it alreadyin the FSX package? and how much of an effect will it have on all thosepeople who are creating addons with textures that may not look rightonce the new lighting scheme is applied. (see wikipedia: High Dynamic Range Rendering)just curious, BTW :-wave

>>I was personally hoping for more questions regarding what>>sort of future developments we'd see using the new features>of>>DX10 and less "When is the patch coming out".>>I think its a case of 'once bitten, twice shy'. I'd love to>see what they>are working on but I'll know what I get when I get it.>>but as for questions: When will HDR be incorporated? Why>wasn't it already>in the FSX package? and how much of an effect will it have on>all those>people who are creating addons with textures that may not look>right>once the new lighting scheme is applied. (see wikipedia: High>Dynamic Range Rendering)>>just curious, BTW :-wave HDR would be wonderful in FSX, to see that effect when turning towards the sun from inside the VC.