Sign in to follow this  
rob0203

Great results with Nvidia Gsync on a Freesync monitor!!!

I have VSync on, tripple buffering

Frame rate P3D limited to 21

Variable refresh rate

and tried now Nvidia G-Sync with my Freesync monitor and it works perfectly. It was good before now even a tick better with G-Sync. Driver is 471.96 DCH

• Like 1

OS=WIN11 Home, Sim=P3D5 5.4 (P3D4 and FSX for install reasons)
Addons=ORBX, ASCA, AS, TOGA and tons of sceneries, aircraft

MB=Gigabyte AORUS Z790 Elite AX, CPU=i13900K, Cooling=Be quiet! Pure Loop II FX
GPU=KFA2 RTX3090 24 GB, RAM=64 GB DDR5-5600, HOTAS=Logitech G Saitek X52 Pro

Visit my website for fixes and addons: https://sites.google.com/view/dans-p3d-mods

My issue with FreeSync and my Nanocell TV is that the screen has a slight Flicker. Even with an 8K HDMI cable. 

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight

10 hours ago, Alcides Segovia said:

My issue with FreeSync and my Nanocell TV is that the screen has a slight Flicker. Even with an 8K HDMI cable. 

Did you try it with Display port cable? That is what is advised

30 minutes ago, rob0203 said:

Did you try it with Display port cable? That is what is advised

Can I try a display port to HDMI? 

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight

2 hours ago, Alcides Segovia said:

Can I try a display port to HDMI? 

You can try, but DisplayPort to DisplayPort is what is the advise

On 9/6/2021 at 11:16 PM, David Vega said:

Thank you @Chapstick. I've done as you suggested: 

In P3D Display

• VSync: Off
  • Triple Buffering: unchecked
  • Variable Refresh Rate: Checked
  • Target frame rate:  Unlimited

In Nvidia Control Panel

• G-Sync: Enabled for windowed and full screen mode
  • On Manage 3D settings and for P3D: 
    • Max Frame Rate: 36 FPS
    • Monitor Technology: G-SYNC

This resulted in a very smooth flying experience. I don't know why others say that P3D can't take advantage of G-sync. Maybe they were talking about an earlier version.  Again, thank you.  

David

Thanks 

may I ask what setting for vsync option in ncp if using P3d v4.5?

for a 144hz monitor 

With no variable refresh option?

thanks 

mike

Edited by mikeymike

On 9/6/2021 at 11:16 PM, David Vega said:

Thank you @Chapstick. I've done as you suggested: 

In P3D Display

• VSync: Off
  • Triple Buffering: unchecked
  • Variable Refresh Rate: Checked
  • Target frame rate:  Unlimited

In Nvidia Control Panel

• G-Sync: Enabled for windowed and full screen mode
  • On Manage 3D settings and for P3D: 
    • Max Frame Rate: 36 FPS
    • Monitor Technology: G-SYNC

This resulted in a very smooth flying experience. I don't know why others say that P3D can't take advantage of G-sync. Maybe they were talking about an earlier version.  Again, thank you.  

David

Been trying this thou I have noticed in long flights there is pauses on approach and high cpu usage with stutters.

is this due to the 144hz?

thanks 

mike

On 9/6/2021 at 5:58 PM, Chapstick said:

If you're on V5, try G-Sync on and VRR on in P3D (vsync and triple buffering off). Set the limit in CP to 36 (1/4 of 144hz). Leave your monitor at 144hz. 

Have reviewed the topic - but could you explain what is the logic behind the formula - 1/4 of 144hz? If I have for example 120Hz monitor, should I set limit to 30? 

There are a lot of guides about optimal G-Sync settings, this is one of them (recommended on various Reddit topics): https://blurbusters.com/gsync/gsync101-input-lag-tests-and-settings/14/

There is a quote from article: 

Nvidia Control Panel Settings:

Set up G-SYNC > Enable G-SYNC, G-SYNC Compatible > Enable for full screen mode.
Manage 3D settings > Vertical sync > On (Why?).
In-game Settings:

Use “Fullscreen” or “Exclusive Fullscreen” mode (some games do not offer this option, or label borderless windowed as fullscreen).
Disable all available “Vertical Sync,” “V-SYNC,” “Double Buffer,” and “Triple Buffer” options.
If an in-game or config file FPS limiter is available, and framerate exceeds refresh rate:
Set (a minimum of) 3 FPS limit below display’s maximum refresh rate (57 FPS @60Hz, 97 FPS @100Hz, 117 FPS @120Hz, 141 FPS @144Hz, etc).

So what is the difference - Why in this topic 1/4 of monitor refresh rate is recommended and in the article limiting fps by setting 3 FPS below max refresh rate?

I actually tried this the other day, my 38" does not have either free/g sync unfortunately but my brothers 34" has it, along with a faster refresh rate and HDR too. So I barrowed it for the weekend.

MSFS is so smooth with my 3090 it wasn't a huge difference but for people still using Prepar3d WOW very nice the cars move very smooth not all jerky like before. My next monitor will have G-sync and HDR. 

Flight Simulator's - Prepar3d V5.3/MSFS2020 | Operating System - WIN 10 | Main Board - GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO | CPU - INTEL 9700k (5.0Ghz) | RAM - VIPER 32Gig DDR4 4000Mhz | Video Card - EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 ULTRA Monitor - DELL 38" ULTRAWIDE | Case - CORSAIR 750D FULL TOWER | CPU Cooling - CORSAIR H150i Elite Push/Pull | Power Supply - EVGA 1000 G+ 

1 hour ago, ark4diusz said:

Have reviewed the topic - but could you explain what is the logic behind the formula - 1/4 of 144hz? If I have for example 120Hz monitor, should I set limit to 30? 

There are a lot of guides about optimal G-Sync settings, this is one of them (recommended on various Reddit topics): https://blurbusters.com/gsync/gsync101-input-lag-tests-and-settings/14/

There is a quote from article: 

Nvidia Control Panel Settings:

Set up G-SYNC > Enable G-SYNC, G-SYNC Compatible > Enable for full screen mode.
In-game Settings:

Use “Fullscreen” or “Exclusive Fullscreen” mode (some games do not offer this option, or label borderless windowed as fullscreen).
Disable all available “Vertical Sync,” “V-SYNC,” “Double Buffer,” and “Triple Buffer” options.
If an in-game or config file FPS limiter is available, and framerate exceeds refresh rate:
Set (a minimum of) 3 FPS limit below display’s maximum refresh rate (57 FPS @60Hz, 97 FPS @100Hz, 117 FPS @120Hz, 141 FPS @144Hz, etc).

So what is the difference - Why in this topic 1/4 of monitor refresh rate is recommended and in the article limiting fps by setting 3 FPS below max refresh rate?

In my system if I don't set it to ON, I'll get screen tearing when below fixed fps (45 in my case).

Sergio Naiberg