Sign in to follow this  
Gadget FPV

Is there a world update coming today?

13 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

How old is your PC, what is your GPU, how many watts is your PSU?

My PC was built last year in july, expressly for MSFS 2020. 

- Intel R Core 9900K, Coffelake. 3,60 GHz.

- 32 G RAM.

- PSU Corsair HX 1200I AZ Digital (I think 1200 are referring to the watts).

- SSD Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB.

- GPU: VGA MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS XS.

I think this PC can carry MSFS 2020 without pain!

Regards.

Edited by John Fields

4 minutes ago, John Fields said:

My PC was built last year in july, expressly for MSFS 2020. 

- Intel R Core 9900K, Coffelake. 3,60 GHz.

- 32 G RAM.

- PSU Corsair HX 1200I AZ Digital (I think 1200 are referring to the watts).

- SSD Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB.

- GPU: VGA MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS XS.

I think this PC can carry MSFS 2020 without pain!

Regards.

Sounds like an excellent rig... Besides the community folder, have you uninstalled anything you bought from the Market Place?

Edited by Bobsk8

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

Just now, Bobsk8 said:

Sounds like an excellent rig...

Yes, Bob.

That's why I'm not happy with MSFS since SU5.

Before that I have very very few issues!

Regards.

57 minutes ago, Republic3D said:

It's not Labor Day in France.

It is in Redmond,Washington where the ones "really" calling the shots are located. Anyways there is already whining and the update has not even dropped yet. LOL

Edited by jbdbow1970
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, John Fields said:

That's why I'm not happy with MSFS since SU5.

Before that I have very very few issues!

Regards.

Same here. Hope they've found the issues causing the incessant CTDs.

• Like 1

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

Just now, jbdbow1970 said:

It is in Redmond,Washington where the ones calling the shots are located. Anyways there is already whining and the update has not even dropped yet. LOL

It's like boarding up your windows before the hurricane makes landfall. 

• Like 3

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

10 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Sounds like an excellent rig... Besides the community folder, have you uninstalled anything you bought from the Market Place?

The only thing I had installed, but later uninstalled was the new WT G1000 Nxi, because it isn't working well with my Logitech Multi Panel (AP).

Edited by John Fields

4 hours ago, swiesma said:

When angry old man flood the forum

maybe he meant tears of joy.......glass half full theory.

MSFS Alpha tester on W10 Pro x64. Hardware: AMD 5900X 12 core CPU. Cooler Master ML360R AIO, Asus X570-E mobo, Asus Strix 3090 24GB gfx card, G.Skill TridentZ 64GB (4x16) DDR4-3600 RAM, Samsung 970 250GB SSD (OS), Samsung 980 Pro 1TB M.2 pcie-4 NVMe SSD (MSFS install). EVGA 850w Gold cert PSU, CUK Continuum full ATX tower.  43" Sceptre 4K display. VR: HP Reverb G2.

8 minutes ago, John Fields said:

The only thing I had installed, but later uninstalled was the new WT G1000 Nxi, because it isn't working well with my Logitech Multi Panel (AP).

Have you tried without your USB devices by chance?  

Also, have you deleted cache?  

great system, should crush MSFS.  Graphics Card Driver version?  

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

6 minutes ago, psolk said:

Have you tried without your USB devices by chance?  

Also, have you deleted cache?  

great system, should crush MSFS.  Graphics Card Driver version?  

1) No, I haven't tried without my USB devices yet, but if SU6 does not fix the issues, I'll try it.

2) The cache is empty.

3)  NVIDIA 471,96 (but I have the problem with former versions, too. And I also tested the NVidia Studio Driver without success).

I'll wait to tomorrow and... we'll see!

Regards.

Edited by John Fields

2 minutes ago, John Fields said:

Hi,

Also, if you visit Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums:

Latest Community/General Discussion topics - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

You will see a lot of people with the same problem (CTDs) and no apparent reason at all!

Regards.

That means zilch. Most of the CTD I have seen (and sometimes helped  to diagnose) over the months were  "for not apparent reason at all" at first and then digging the matter a little bit were actually user induced. 😄 ! 

Coming to your case, I have read several cases of the Logitech MP causing CTD. So you should try without it if you haven't done that before.

• Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

1 minute ago, Dominique_K said:

That means zilch. Most of the CTD I have seen (and sometimes helped  to diagnose) over the months were  "for not apparent reason at all" at first and then digging the matter a little bit were actually user induced. 😄 ! 

Coming to your case, I have read several cases of the Logitech MP causing CTD. So you should try without it if you haven't done that before.

Thank you, I'll try it.

But I have Logitech Multi Panel since last week and the CTDs before that, just after the SU5 update.

Regards.

1 minute ago, John Fields said:

Thank you, I'll try it.

But I have Logitech Multi Panel since last week and the CTDs before that, just after the SU5 update.

Regards.

CTD can come from many causes. I remember you writing some weeks ago that you had plenty of addons in "Community" , if I am not mistaken. Your CTD could have come then from addons and now from the MP driver. 

Nobody can exclude that there is an issue with the sim, but many including me never  had a CTD or at least a CTD which was not clearly linked to a traceable cause (eg for me fumbling with an USB headset). So chances are the problem is with you not Asobo.

In any case, I hope to be wrong and that WU6 will  bring you some relief 🤞

• Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

5 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

You'll know it has been released when the river of tears starts flowing again. 😄

I resemble that remark!

• Like 1

Brian MacMillan

Intel i7-7700@3.6GHz-16GB /GTX 1070-8GB/MSI B250M Bazooka