Sign in to follow this  
Gadget FPV

Is there a world update coming today?

27 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

CTD can come from many causes. I remember you writing some weeks ago that you had plenty of addons in "Community" , if I am not mistaken. Your CTD could have come then from addons and now from the MP driver. 

Nobody can exclude that there is an issue with the sim, but many including me never  had a CTD or at least a CTD which was not clearly linked to a traceable cause (eg for me fumbling with an USB headset). So chances are the problem is with you not Asobo.

In any case, I hope to be wrong and that WU6 will  bring you some relief 🤞

According to the MSFS forum there must be hundreds and hundreds of PC with problems that only show up with MSFS. and most since SU5. 

• Like 3

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Every time there's a new SU or WU update, it's a good time to clean up that Community folder. 

Just wipe it clean. 

Install AddonsLinker (if you don't have it), and create the necessary folders without adding any mods yet.

Then do the update and start MSFS clean.

Restart the computer.

Start MSFS once again clean to make sure it works fine. Exit.

Then add only the mods you do use in AddonsLinker. 

This should get rid of 90% of the CTD issues after each update. 

Another thing that could be smart to do before updating is to make a copy of your UserCfg file and just store it somewhere. It has your installation path and other useful info in it. 

Edited by Republic3D

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

BTW @John Fields I see that you live in Spain. Isn't your computer  overheating ?

I live in the South of France and when its a bit hot I need to put some air conditioning.  

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

As angry old man, I don't mind waiting another day for the JU-52 but I hate having to take another bath.

Edited by dobee51
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, swiesma said:

When angry old man flood the forum…….

As opposed to fully in control and responsible young people?

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

4 minutes ago, Republic3D said:

Every time there's a new SU or WU update, it's a good time to clean up that Community folder. 

Just wipe it clean. 

Install AddonsLinker (if you don't have it), and create the necessary folders without adding any mods yet.

Then do the update and start MSFS clean.

Restart the computer.

Start MSFS once again clean to make sure it works fine. Exit.

Then add only the mods you do use in AddonsLinker. 

This should get rid of 90% of the CTD issues after each update. 

Another thing that could be smart to do before updating is to make a copy of your UserCfg file and just store it somewhere. It has your installation path and other useful info in it. 

If you  take the time to read the hundreds if not thousands of CTD complaints on the MSFS forum, you would see that 90% of the users have tried every one of your suggestions, sometimes multiple times. Success rate is pretty much zero after doing all that. 

• Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

2 hours ago, swiesma said:

In most cases it’s not a problem of the App I would say. 
I think it’s at least 80% something on the community folder or a bad overclock or whatever. 

I've had an empty community folder and my overclock has been in place for a year without affecting any other simulator or game.  I have raced iRacing for many hours without a CTD, and that is also very dependent on a stable Internet connection. 

I would be more than surprised if MSFS wasn't at fault in some way.

• Like 1

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

52 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

CTD can come from many causes. I remember you writing some weeks ago that you had plenty of addons in "Community" , if I am not mistaken. Your CTD could have come then from addons and now from the MP driver. 

Nobody can exclude that there is an issue with the sim, but many including me never  had a CTD or at least a CTD which was not clearly linked to a traceable cause (eg for me fumbling with an USB headset). So chances are the problem is with you not Asobo.

In any case, I hope to be wrong and that WU6 will  bring you some relief 🤞

What do you mean by 'fumbling' with a USB headset?  

I split my time between MSFS and XPlane.  MSFS CTD every flight at some point, but XPlane never does.  Same PC, Same overclock and same drivers (with an empty community folder).  I have many other games that do not crash on the same PC.

In any case, if 'fumbling' with a headset causes a CTD, why is that not a fault in MSFS if XPlane does not suffer the same fate. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

BTW @John Fields I see that you live in Spain. Isn't your computer  overheating ?

I live in the South of France and when its a bit hot I need to put some air conditioning.  

No, Dominique. València, where I’m from and where I’m living is very very hot in summer (and lately, with the climate crisis a lot more!]. But my Pc is not overheating. When I fly the temperature is between 55 and 70 degrees C. I have Air Conditioning and, also, a fan. Sometimes I’m cold! 

Regards.

Edited by John Fields
  • Like 1

I realize this thread was not originally about CTDs.  But while the subject is being discussed, I was wondering if anyone has done a poll to ask what planes people tend to fly to see if by chance there is a correlation between those effected by crashes and those who aren’t.

I say that because there are 40+ planes in my hangar and yet i spend almost all of my time on a handful of them. Lately I’ve flown the Carenado Piper III, H145 helicopter, F14 Tomcat, MB339, and the steam gauge C172.  I’ve used only default liveries with each and haven’t had any crashes in quite sometime.

This could be a fruitless search, but if we are looking for differences in people’s situations, we don’t need to limit ourselves to hardware and a clean community folder.  Maybe there are default aircraft with latent issues?

Avsim never fails to disappoint!

The update isn't even out yet, and folks are already complaining. 

30 minutes ago, VFXSimmer said:

Maybe there are default aircraft with latent issues?

I just flew the Turbo Bonanza on a flight out of Madrid to see if I could force a CTD, but circled the city several times and came in for a landing without any mishap.. 😉

Bert

9 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

Avsim never fails to disappoint!

The update isn't even out yet, and folks are already complaining. 

This is forum is no different to multiple gaming forums I've been a part of for 25+ years, I've seen a lot worse elsewhere, AVSim is quite tame in comparison to some of those others!

• Like 2

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

Brilliant... I just wasn't sure when the update was coming out... I see it is arriving tomorrow... thank you for letting me know... 😁

Faisal Niazi

I just wish I knew why I wasn't getting any of the CTDs other people are getting.

The only CTD I get is when quitting the desktop. I'm not being sarcastic, the sim does crash according to windows event viewer.

Edited by Tuskin38