Sign in to follow this  
TonyB

New High Res Google Earth Compared to Real Flight

Google has updated some of their data in Google Earth, including all of Switzerland:The imagery for the entire country of Switzerland is now at 50cm and many Swiss cities are at 25cm.The entire country of Switzerland's terrain is now 10m resolution, Swiss Alps are now high-res.Frank from the Google Earth blog has created a video comparing the new Google Earth Imagery to some actual flights in a real Hawker Hunter.http://www.gearthblog.com/blog/archives/20..._jet_fight.htmlThere are still problems using this for Flight Simulator, in my opinion. Most of the world is still not he-res in Google Earth or Microsoft's Live Local. There is no choice of seasons, and time of day is locked in as well. Bandwidth, both on the user and provider side is still an issue.Still, it might be a prelude to the future. It's neat to speculate.One of my favorite activities in Flight Simulator is to explore the world. I find some of the time I would have spent in Flight Simulator exploring is now spent in Google Earth.Tony