Sign in to follow this  
757FO

New Expansion Pack From Microsoft later this year

>A bunch of testimonials from specific circumstances, as to why>FSX doesn't work for them.So why don't we get your testimonial from your specific circumstances why FS-X works for you.You could even use that nice Hawaia screenshot. I missed it for a whole week (been on a short holiday). ;-)BTW comparing my real world flight into Banjul airport (nice looks on Senegal (Dakar) and The Gambia). I must say X-plane's depiction of the area came closest in this specific circumstance.

simcheck_sig_banner_retro.jpg

>BTW comparing my real world flight into Banjul airport (nice>looks on Senegal (Dakar) and The Gambia). I must say X-plane's>depiction of the area came closest in this specific>circumstance.Some of X-Plane's global scenery is the best yet! But then it's about 70 gigs on seven DVD's. In the Canyonland, Lake Powell area of Utah and Arizona, X-Plane's global comes closest to depicting sand stone mesa's and towers with sharp drop offs.My only problem, is that it's behind in the flight dynamic department, despite rumours to the contrary. When an X-Plane fly's like my RealAir SF260, then I'll use it more. But it just never seems to get there, and I get annoyed after ten minutes or so of hand flying.So.............at this point, I have positive testimonials for FS9, FSX, and X-Plane; depending on circumstance, of course...L.Adamson

Peter,Comparing people and organizations to a really bad dude is WAY over the top. You are in danger of seriously embarrassing yourself and getting thrown off these forums by doing that. You are being terribly presumptious as well; your speculation (or is that competitive paranoia) is seriously off base and not substantiated with facts. I would suggest you take a deep breath or three and wait a couple of weeks to see how events unfold, before you burn the bridges that you are obviously wanting to cross.

Peter! While I understand your concern about possible competition from Aces, I don't think at this point you have much to worry about. There efforts so far, seem geared to entice more gamers into the FS market. I really don't see them getting into the more realistic addons that you and the other 3rd party add-on developers provide. Time will tell if I'm right or wrong, but let's face it, diehard Flightsimmers are a niche market. In today's environment where more and more people (gamers) are moving to game consoles, if Aces can't get a decent piece of that market also, FS won't have much of a future. I keep looking on the PC shelves of EB and they're getting smaller and smaller every day.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Guest Adrian Wainer

Peter wroteQuoteThe war in some aspect has now started and in some ways this reminds me of the fact Adolph a really bad dude just before the world war got on the front page of magazines for talking about world peace and convincing some people to diss arm.UnQuotePeter, I don't know how ACES conduct themselves [ good or bad ], but comparing them to Adolph a really bad dude is a bit over the top, like I doubt they are preparing to invade other people's countries and pack a good proportion of their populations in to concentration camps and make them in to soap and lampshades, makeing a remark like that is amongst other things insulting to people who suffered and were murdered at the hands of Adolf and the rest of the Third Reich gang, and does not do anything to encourage sympathy towards your criticisms of ACES.Best and Warm RegardsAdrian Wainer

I like this idea of ACES putting out addon packages and what not. It gives them an opportunity be lot more involved.Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Including a new aircraft doesn't excite me one bit. What are we getting a freeware aircraft? There are plent of freeware aircraft in AVSIM. or you get one for $25.Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Peter, I'm very sorry to hear such disappointment and fear about our intentions with an expansion pack and our beta program.We don't expect to make loads of money from FSX Adrenaline (possibly none at all), but we do expect to expand the platform further, grow FSX more over time, and increase the capabilities of third parties to do cooler stuff more easily. It's hard for me to see anything negative in that.As others have pointed out on various forums, there are a lot of users that don't know expansion products exist at all. By having FSX Adrenaline on the shelf it will raise awareness of the add-on market for new users and increase third party markets. Opportunities are growing, not shrinking.As for the digs on the beta program and Michael, we do listen but we simply can't address all issues all the time. If you lived in our shoes, even for a brief time, I think you would have a better understanding of this. Everything we do is prioritized and even small and seemingly easy tasks are often prioritized out of the picture because of some big scare ugly thing that has to be addressed. Those that say wait longer to release so that we can have a perfect product don't know much about the realities of business and FS in particular. We have made the right choices and you would know this if you had inside information (which you don't) and analyzed the facts.With SP1 we are addressing weather issues, SimConnect issues, and above all else performance issues. We are listening and we are addressing problems. We cannot spend a lot of time handholding or addressing all issues.We know who you are Peter and we respect your contributions to the community. We also know who Damian is and the same goes for him. I hope that we can earn more respect from you and everyone else in the community in the future by striving to improve what we do and how we do it.

Guest Peter Wilding

Yes, I agree, using a really bad dude as a comparison was not a good idea. It congers up some very inappropriate images for some people. Apologise for any offence.Peter

Guest Peter Wilding

I apprciate your response.Peter

Hello everyone,I'd like to correct a few points and assumptions made in this thread...First, while the idea has been entertained for quite some time, HiFi and Peter Wilding have recently officially decided against partnership. I won't get into the detailed reasons, but essentially we feel that a partnership would not be in our best interests.Second, HiFi's development team, me included, have nothing but respect for ACES Studio. We have had the fortunate opportunity to get to know many of the ACES team members over time and do not for a second believe that there is any ill-will in their minds. Quite contrarily, we believe they are doing a fantastic job at creating more opportunities for users and developers alike, and the future is very bright. We are very excited about the near and long-term future of FS and supporting add-ons!Finally, I would like to apologize to ACES, AVSIM and the entire community for the negativity and accusations made in this thread. Thanks everyone!Damian ClarkHiFi

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Damian,I have to admit that I am confused about your partnership / relationship / whatever with Peter, given his two posts above, but never mind.... an apology from you is not necessary and thank you for the clarification.

Guest wyoming

I read the sentence and understood it. "Timeo Danaos et dona ferentes.."

Guest Peter Wilding

Likewise, I also apologise to ACES. I was a bit shocked to find a new product coming out and reacted very poorly. Unjustified and I apologise.Also, I shouldn't have name dropped or brought Damian Clark in to this.Apologise for that too.Just to clarify, there is not a partnerhip between Damian Clark and myself. We simply aim to make our products compatitble with each other.I over stepped my mark Damian,Sincerely,Peter