Sign in to follow this  
Skyseek

CH Products Yoke And Pedals Maintenance

I have had my CH Products USB Yoke and Pedals for over 10 years.

With MSFS 2020, they seem to be more erratic than in FSX.  

I am just wondering if the controls  need some kind of maintenance / cleaning done to them.  Or are there extra tweaks that need to be done on the control’s configuration panel. 

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Skyseek said:

I am just wondering if the controls  need some kind of maintenance / cleaning done to them.  Or are there extra tweaks that need to be done on the control’s configuration panel. 

I'd hold off one more day and see what the Sept. 7, 2021 update brings. I have the Eclipse yoke which started out extremely erratic in MSFS but has gotten better and better with each update release. I have now reset all sensitivities inside MSFS and calibrate the yoke with a registered version of SFUIPC. Rudder is still a little funky on the rollout but now I'm able to keep her on the runway without flipping over. I also use FSUIPC to control any spikes coming out of the "pots."

I'm positive this update will further improve flight controls thruout the fleet.

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

2 hours ago, Twenty6 said:

I'm positive this update will further improve flight controls thruout the fleet.

Where did you learn this? I am frustrated with MSFS calibration for rudder pedals.  Seems adjusting for sensitivity in the air creates lethargic sensitivity for ground steering, and adjusting for ground steering creates too much action in the air with only tiny pressure.  I have had my ear to the ground and have not heard a word about an immediate upcoming fix.

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

1 hour ago, fppilot said:

Where did you learn this? I am frustrated with MSFS calibration for rudder pedals.  Seems adjusting for sensitivity in the air creates lethargic sensitivity for ground steering, and adjusting for ground steering creates too much action in the air with only tiny pressure.  I have had my ear to the ground and have not heard a word about an immediate upcoming fix.

I didn't learn this, I'm being positive is all. What's the harm to think things will get better?

-J

5 minutes ago, Twenty6 said:

I didn't learn this, I'm being positive is all. What's the harm to think things will get better?

Putting that out there like that creates false hopes.  Tomorrow will tell.  Let's revisit this following.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

9 hours ago, fppilot said:

Putting that out there like that creates false hopes.  Tomorrow will tell.  Let's revisit this following.

Being positive creates "false hope?" Right. I hope that never makes sense to me.

No need to revisit this later on, I'll continue to be positive in spite of what tomorrow brings.

-J

I find that Aileron / Elevator and Rudder Axis all need to have massive Negative Sensitivity applied to them...

My Yoke is usually around -50 and the rudder pedals are at about -80....

Les O'Reilly

21 hours ago, Skyseek said:

I got some new potentiometer for my CH Pro Pedals. But have not had time to swap them out. Ill post here when I do with my results.

The existing ones I have to set a dead zone of at least 15% for them not to induce random inputs to the sim.

MSFS, NaviGraph Charts & FMS, Pilot2ATC, FsHub
R5 3600X ,RTX 2060S, 32GB, SSD

8 hours ago, Twenty6 said:

Being positive creates "false hope?" Right. I hope that never makes sense to me.

No need to revisit this later on, I'll continue to be positive in spite of what tomorrow brings.

Nothing in the update notes to indicate any changes to controls other than one fix for one specific controller.  I badly want the rudder sensitivities for ground steering and in flight rudder action addressed so that each of those two can be calibrated separately.  Just isn't happening.

Frank Patton
ASUS 

5 hours ago, ANCRM114 said:

I got some new potentiometer for my CH Pro Pedals. But have not had time to swap them out. Ill post here when I do with my results.

Curious to know where you got the new pots. Might come in handy down the road if I don't buy a Honeycomb yoke.

-J