Sign in to follow this  
Ianrivaldosmith

Update is live

Looks like they got rid of those annoying flashing textures.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Clutch Cargo said:

I'm on the West Coast USA... San Diego.  Like others I have read here I saw no updates in my MS Store.  What appears to work is you start it/launch/update (can't remember exactly what I did), thru the XBOX app NOT the MS Store.  The Xbox app opened MS Store for me and there I saw the update.  It is now just completing the 510MB update.  From there I will go into the Content Manager and start downloading the some 5+ gig of updates.

FYI - I also had to re-tell it the location of my MSFS as I have it on a separate drive.  It was about to reinstall 127GB in the default location so you might want to check that your location is proper.

Another update... After installing the 510MB I started MSFS and it brought me to another update of 2.67GB.  THis is inside the Game so now it is downloading that portion.  I guess after that I will go to the Content Manager and check on the rest.  Appears to be working/installing good though..  🙂

How did you re tell it where MSFS is downloaded? 

/ CPU: Intel i7-9700K @4.9 / RAM: 32GB G.Skill 3200 / GPU: RTX 4080 16GB /

RW Freight Pilot

1 minute ago, andyjohnston.net said:

I don't have it in the MS Store, downloaded it in the XBox apt.  Still nothing....

I had the same problem...I downloaded the xbox app as advised, runned it once, then checked the MS Store and a 509mb update is now complete

• Like 1

Anyone know if the Marketplace payware airports that wouldn't load after SU5 are working (or have been updated)?  e.g. SCEL, SKPS, SKMD, LOWS, LFSB...

I had to delete about 15 airports because they stopped loading... very cross about that. Can't see them in the downloads available in my content manager yet.

3 minutes ago, pvupilot said:

How did you re tell it where MSFS is downloaded? 

I think it was a "glitch" on my install.  As MSFS started and was showing the wrong location.  I think if you don't see a way to change the location (inside MSFS), then you probably don't have an issue as to the location.

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

1 hour ago, Tuskin38 said:

Matterhorn (this is on high not ultra)

MMhBRtW.png

It looks much better on my end. In your image it looks as if there‘s no aerial imagery and/or snow covering it all up. I‘ll post a screenshot later. So far I‘m quite happy with the update. Morphing is still an issue and I‘ve come across some huge spikes in the area around Bern, but all in all it‘s a massive improvement. 

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

Interestingly, since the update I have had no less than 3 CTD's when mapping new assignments to my CH Products USB devices.  All when sitting in the default C172 parked on the ramp at a default airport with the engine off. The last 2 occurred in safe node.

By coincidence I decide to redo my control mappings for a completely new profile starting out from scratch this morning before the update.   The key seems to be when I am in the game and press a button that is not yet mapped to anything, instant CTD.   

Hmmmm.... 😕

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

41 minutes ago, Rimshot said:

The XBox app has to be running when you check updates in the store.

Doh, got the update thanks 😚

• Like 1

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

Huh EDXH is also handcrafted, but it's not listed under the new handcrafted airports. I guess it's covered under Heligoland island getting a full workover.

Edited by Tuskin38

58 minutes ago, Captain Nuts said:

I don't think I'll be going there, I'll be trying again in a few days and if the update still doesn't work as expected this might be the end of my Flight 2020 experiment.

I agree it is annoying.. but just thank the gods that we have a forum where solutions are offered.. 😉

Go for a walk with your dog... and you will feel OK again.. I predict.

• Like 1

Bert