Sign in to follow this  
Ianrivaldosmith

Update is live

Update is working great with one exception (also a holdover from SU5).....is it supposed to be so blurry in the near distance.  Below the aircraft is great but any city, fields or mountains just a short distance away are an blurry mess.  I have the LOD distance set to 200.  

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

1 minute ago, ryanbatcund said:

I'm making a point - their update procedures are ridiculous.  The entire MS gaming ecosystem is horrid.  ARGH.  Steam, on the contrary, handles these things beautifully.

Mine worked well, allways doeing it with the same method and got no problems, but you should have that XBox app this is like a core thing now - without you get troubles..

cheers 😉

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

4 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

I'm making a point - their update procedures are ridiculous.  The entire MS gaming ecosystem is horrid.  ARGH.  Steam, on the contrary, handles these things beautifully.

R….Ok, yer it is.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Just now, pmplayer said:

Mine worked well, allways doeing it with the same method and got no problems, but you should have that XBox app this is like a core thing now - without you get troubles..

cheers 😉

Your crystal ball must be working. Mine is in the shop for repair. 😉

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

1 minute ago, Bobsk8 said:

Your crystal ball must be working. Mine is in the shop for repair. 😉

😇

cheers 😉

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

The flight model is going more downhill on each version. The sim physics is on arcade mode everywhere. Take the Caravan.  "True to Life" pseudo settings. The roll stability at 55KT on landing is the same as at 150KT cruise. It's flying like a drone.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

EDLP Paderborn. It is not part of this update , but it has been free and available in the Marketplace for a long time.

It is 17+ gigabytes.

Is it really worth all that download time and space?

Is larger than this entire SU6 update package of downloads.

• Like 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

***********IMPORTANT *****

Just read this on FS Forums and they are officially aware of this: Light issues not that matters - I dont bother flying at night its not pretty 😞 hoping for a major update on night environment 

We just confirmed it’s a Render Scale issue. A setting less than 100 will cause no lights to appear, and a setting greater than 100 will cause the lights to float. A bug has been filed and I’ll provide updates when I can on this.

Workaround: Set your render scale to 100

Edited by Richard Sennett
  • Like 4

Rich Sennett

4 minutes ago, Fielder said:

EDLP Paderborn. It is not part of this update , but it has been free and available in the Marketplace for a long time.

It is 17+ gigabytes.

Is it really worth all that download time and space?

Is larger than this entire SU6 update package of downloads.

Someone spoke about this over on the MSFS forum, and it was stated it's not being reported correctly, and is infact 3gb or slightly over. Why this has not been updated i don't know

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

28 minutes ago, MarkW said:

Update is working great with one exception (also a holdover from SU5).....is it supposed to be so blurry in the near distance.  Below the aircraft is great but any city, fields or mountains just a short distance away are an blurry mess.  I have the LOD distance set to 200.  

I have moved to LOD=3 in the UserCfg file... try it!

• Upvote 2

Bert

4 minutes ago, Richard Sennett said:

***********IMPORTANT *****

Just read this on FS Forums and they are officially aware of this:

We just confirmed it’s a Render Scale issue. A setting less than 100 will cause no lights to appear, and a setting greater than 100 will cause the lights to float. A bug has been filed and I’ll provide updates when I can on this.

Workaround: Set your render scale to 100

Maybe Asobo will bring out a hotfix for this - maybe..

cheers 😉

Edited by pmplayer
  • Like 1

spacer.png

Unlike the last 3 world updates, it doesn't look like they added Autogen Churches to the World Update countries.

Just now, Bert Pieke said:

I have moved to LOD=3 in the UserCfg file... try it!

Does that fix the shimmering scenery, which is still apparent? 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

Just now, Bobsk8 said:

Does that fix the shimmering scenery, which is still apparent? 

No... but it does extend the detailed scenery just enough to make it look believable, at least on my system.

• Upvote 1

Bert