Sign in to follow this  
Ianrivaldosmith

Update is live

1 hour ago, tyke1 said:

I tried last night to update it, it went into a loop trying to download 2.97gb over and over, so i switched my pc off until this morning. Just started the game, now it wants to download 14.68gb, no idea why the size change, so its downloading that right now.

Well now its downloading 14.68gb on a loop...finishes 1 lot of 14.68gb and starts another...j_esu_s christ. Edit as our saviour is a banned word here lol. 

Another edit, i cancelled the 14.68gb d/load and restarted the sim in safe mode (it asked me if i wanted to), it did a 381mb d/load and the game loaded.

Edited by tyke1

12 hours ago, pvupilot said:

For those who are still struggling, "Part 2" worked for me AFTER doing their “Part 1” troubleshooting. I was getting no results by doing only part 1

Part 1: https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360015760660

Part 2: https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/4405345181202

Same here.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700F - RAM 32 - RTX 3070 - SSD Blue 1T -  Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog - Track IR - Optical fiber

I am impressed with the amazing work of ASOBO! My "Offscreen terrain pre caching " set on Ultra and i'm in 4k with 70 render scaling.Almost all my settings in ultra Vsync on / FPS to 30.No more popping at all! even with full speed view changes. Photogrammetry is visible on the horizon with a more realistic representation .I am extremely happy with this update and the result.Wow !!!! and all that with my old I7 4790K + GTX 1080 + 24 DDR3 Memory + 4k.

• Like 2

CORSAIR 4000 AIRFLOW (WHITE) / RYZEN 5800X3D / ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS / ARTIC LIQUID FREEZERII 240 / 32 GO DDR4 3200 KINGSTON FURY / MSI RTX4090 VENTUS 3X 24G OC / KINGSTON NV1 NVME 2 TO / BE QUIET PURE POWER 11FM  1000W 80PLUS GOLD / SAMSUNG NEO QLED 43" 4K.

After finally updating I now get asked after each start of the game do i want to start in 'safe mode' lol. Never known such idiosyncrasies in a game.

I just started at my home airport at EDKB. There are now trees all over the airport that don't belong there. Right next to short final of RW29. How am I supposed to land there now?!

And how can something like that happen?!!

And the new aerials of the area... well they are new, but they were taken either last summer or the summer before were it was unusually dry from February to August and everything looks like a desert. That is not how it usually looks like and in that regard the old aerials were better.

Something else I noticed: Since the nordics update there are red style swedish/norwegian houses littered all across Europe/Germany that don't belong there.

Edited by Farlis

47 minutes ago, tyke1 said:

After finally updating I now get asked after each start of the game do i want to start in 'safe mode' lol. Never known such idiosyncrasies in a game.

Same here. It tells me there was a problem with the previous shutdown (which wasn't) and now I am asked if I want to start in Safe Mode or Normally. Fortunately, I am given the choice of "Normally" - yet, maybe this will be gone after the next SU.

Kind regards, Michael

Edited by pmb

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

1 hour ago, filou said:

Photogrammetry is visible on the horizon with a more realistic representation .

I noted improved photogrammety, too. San Francisco City looks very fine now, much better than before.

Unfortunately, London didn't benefit from the Update. It's morphing grey blocks as before on my system, at least with LOD=2 (didn't go higher yet). Something basically must be wrong with it. I hope, Jörg will realize his intention to rebuild London from the ground one day.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

2 hours ago, Farlis said:

And the new aerials of the area... well they are new, but they were taken either last summer or the summer before were it was unusually dry from February to August and everything looks like a desert. That is not how it usually looks like and in that regard the old aerials were better.

Welcome to the world of aerial imagery. 

2 hours ago, pmb said:

Unfortunately, London didn't benefit from the Update.

They said they want to redo GB at a later date in a Q&A or a post recently.

Laminar Research customer -- Asobo/MS customer -- not an X-Aviation customer - or am I? 😉

3 minutes ago, rka said:

They said they want to redo GB at a later date in a Q&A or a post recently.

Not GB, just London.

• Like 1

I find London to be pretty good personally.  OK, ir may not be perfect, but still quite amazing for a program that only costs around 100 quid. I do think some of us sometimes expect a little too much to be fair.

So far for me, WU6 looks good from the short anount of flying I've done and it seems that MS and ASOBO are improving things at a reasonable pace.  If only they could streamline the nightmare of the update process.

• Like 1

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

1 hour ago, Farlis said:

Not GB, just London.

Oh, ok. Thanks for the correction.

Laminar Research customer -- Asobo/MS customer -- not an X-Aviation customer - or am I? 😉

London city for me is disappointing. After su5, the graphics tiles load in/are drawn slowly in front of me, turning melted scenery into more realistic representatives as I fly along, its immersion breaking. This is at 500 feet / 80 knots in a heli. Doesn't happen elsewhere (not that i've noticed). I've seen other users post similar. My bandwidth is good enough and settings are ultra.

Edited by tyke1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, tyke1 said:

London city for me is disappointing. After su5, the graphics tiles load in/are drawn slowly in front of me, turning melted scenery into more realistic representatives as I fly along, its immersion breaking. This is at 500 feet / 80 knots in a heli. Doesn't happen elsewhere (not that i've noticed). I've seen other users post similar. My bandwidth is good enough and settings are ultra.

Yes, absolutely. Even Sebastian criticized London and wished they did better.

I bought ORBX London and it's much better.  

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5