Sign in to follow this  
warbirds

This never happened before - update required but ?

1 minute ago, kt069 said:

Additionally, you can click "Get Updates" button.

Did not work for three times and two computer restarts. Xbox was installed and applied ... Then attempt number 4, opening Store, MSFS appears and starts downloading ... I still call it a messy update procedure. But I seems to work now. I've never had such a problem during all my former 10 or 11 MSFS updates ...

• Like 1

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

More to the point, the solutions are being posted in the main update thread, including the XBox app one which seems to work for most. Remember to run the app and then use check for updates in MS Store.

• Like 3

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

13 minutes ago, devgrp said:

Jeez we have to go through this every update? If the update is not showing, just keep refreshing or hit get updates in the Microsoft store until it shows up. It also would help if you guys are a little patient. It's the same procedure every update 

Not for me this update.  I have been able to update MSFS normally through the Microsoft Store every time, up until WU6 today.  Today, the update wasn't showing no matter what.  I even followed the instructions from Jane in the MSFS forums about signing out from the Microsoft Store, resyncing the clock, rebooting the computer, and signing back into the Microsoft Store.  That didn't work either.

The trick that finally worked for me and for many others was getting the X-Box App.  If you get the X-Box app (I was automatically signed into the X-Box app when I got it), the Microsoft Store finally showed the update for MSFS.  

This is some weird bug with the Microsoft Store + MSFS. We shouldn't need the X-Box app just to get the MSFS update from the Microsoft Store.

• Like 2

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

Just to update...lol...i finally got the update. Wish you guys luck in getting it promptly.

3 minutes ago, Tomaz Drnovsek said:

Why do I need an Xbox app if I don't have an Xbox?

This is the hundred dollar question.  It's some stupid bug with Microsoft Store + MSFS.

The requirement to install the X-Box app happened with the X-Box release along with SU5.  It was SU5 that people couldn't get the update for MSFS in the Microsoft Store.  It didn't affect me in SU5 as I was able to get the update from the Microsoft Store without the X-Box app.

Sadly, this X-Box app bug caught up to me in WU6, and I had to get the X-Box app just to get the MSFS update in the Microsoft Store.

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

1 hour ago, warbirds said:

Ok this is a new one. Go into sim, update required go to store, no update at store but cannot play sim because it requires an update that is not there.

I'm in exactly the same position. Sim ask for update but it's not in the store

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

It updated for me after installing the XBox app and running the sim from there. I needed the new Xbox app, not the old 'XBox companion' one. After launching through the app I checked for updates in Windows Store

• Like 1

vatsim s3

1133704.png

My installation manager keeps looping the update. It downloads, hits 100% then just restarts forever. I have the Steam version. Anyone else?

5900X

32GB DDR4-3600MHz

ZOTAC RTX 3070 Ti

Game installed on 980 PRO

Main display Gigabyte M27Q X 27" 1440p 240Hz

Will there ever be a time when these people will get their STUFF together when it comes to the update processes? My god, so frustrating. 

• Like 2

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

If you as I alredy have the Xbox app installed, try to open the app, then hit the "Get the update" button. it triggered the update for me

• Like 1

Come here you big, beautiful cup of coffee and lie to me about how much we’re going to get done today.

Please try the procedure that is given by MS here: https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360015760660

Basically, install all pending Windows updates, logout from MS Store, reboot, login in MS store again and select MSFS from the installed apps. Then, the update should start downloading (at least, it was for me, while the XBox app didn't do anything good).