Sign in to follow this  
scott967

FPS in FSX

Guest baja94

I purchased the Hawaii scenery add on from megascenery for FSX and the Global FS 2008 and installed.When I fly around KEWR as I usually do my FPS only run 6 to 10, but when I start and fly around the Hawaii scenery with all their mountains and real like cities I get frame rates of 22 to 25. How is this possible?Thanks for any inputJim

>I purchased the Hawaii scenery add on from megascenery for>FSX and the Global FS 2008 and installed.>>When I fly around KEWR as I usually do my FPS only run 6 to>10, but when I start and fly around the Hawaii scenery with>all their mountains and real like cities I get frame rates of>22 to 25. How is this possible?>Hawaii MegaScenery works well for me too. As to why???

Guest captaindobbin

Reasons I'm aware of:With photoscenery there is no need for many vector objects, namely the extensive roadmaps which no longer have to be generated on top of the terrain textures. You can imagine how dense these objects are in the New York area. Also, there is more surrounding water in Hawaii, which means less overall terrain work for the cpu. And like Bryan suggested, less autogen.

Way less autogen, even at dense setting the autogen is very sparse. Way less than with normal scenery. As you can see in the hills, there are very few trees, and this is at the dense setting. There are also very few houses in city area. I'd say about 1/4 the density that you find with the default scenery.http://sio.midco.net/111lll/hawaii.jpg

ISTM that mesh and vector terrain don't hurt FPS much. It's the 3d objects that kills frames.scott s..