Sign in to follow this  
Jeff Nielsen

Live Dev Q&A and Junkers JU-52 Update

Just posted by MS:
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/live-dev-q-a-and-junkers-ju-52-update/450356?fbclid=IwAR3HeZh1GS26SaiW90YQ3W-1BM9H4vPYhsajHh-07xAuSknRkI9J7BFObNQ

Hi all,

We have two delays to announce tonight. Due to an unexpected Out of Office from one of the members of our Dev Q&A stream, we unfortunately have to postpone the live Dev Q&A to a later date. We will provide more info on this shortly.

As announced previously, we are introducing a new series called Local Legends: historic aircraft that coincide with World Updates. Today, World Update VI: Germany, Austria, Switzerland, was released and the plane to go with it, Junkers JU-52, was set to release on Thursday. The team has decided to postpone the Junkers JU-52 a few weeks in order to polish a few remaining bugs present in the aircraft. We will announce the release date shortly as well. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

MSFS Team

• Like 1

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

Pity but maybe by then they can finally fix the physics of ground behavior and the operation of the rudder, especially for taildraggers.

• Like 1

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

I expected it actually.  Sometimes they are too tight on their own deadlines and put too much pressure on themselves.

I know the Ju-52 is done by a separate team, so it will come when ready, but now I just wish Asobo can concentrate on some of the little issues that crept in during SU5 and fix them in SU6.

I think SU6 was due in September originally wasn't it?  I would expect first half of October now. 

Just to add I have superb performance and no CTD's at all now, so I think a round of just clearing up the little bugs would be a great thing to do and just stabilise the sim for a while - that would go down well I think.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

1 hour ago, Jeff Nielsen said:

Due to an unexpected Out of Office from one of the members of our Dev Q&A stream

Fired for incompetence perhaps?(!)

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

24 minutes ago, MarcG said:

Ouch!  Harsh!

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

39 minutes ago, MarcG said:

More likely Covid related.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

3 minutes ago, eaim1973 said:

More likely Covid related.

Yep, if someone is ill then legally bad news if they say so.

CJ

i think they need to stop giving dates out just release stuff when its ready 

Edited by FSUK_86
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, FSUK_86 said:

i think they need to stop giving dates out just realease stuff when its ready 

Yes, surprise us. 

1 hour ago, bobcat999 said:

Ouch!  Harsh!

Perhaps, but if I had been constantly introducing new issues and not learning from my mistakes for over a year in my job then I'd be fired.

This is no different, nothing is being learnt from past mistakes, schoolboy errors are still happening, this ship needs a new Captain or the whole of the Head Of Development team/personnel need a slap on the wrists from the management!

• Like 1

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

31 minutes ago, MarcG said:

Perhaps, but if I had been constantly introducing new issues and not learning from my mistakes for over a year in my job then I'd be fired.

This is no different, nothing is being learnt from past mistakes, schoolboy errors are still happening, this ship needs a new Captain or the whole of the Head Of Development team/personnel need a slap on the wrists from the management!

I agree to a point.  Some of the regressions are annoying, such as not saving selected airports in the world map history, and the cockpit camera positioning issue to name just two.
Both of these were previous bugs that were fixed and have now crept back in.  I also seem to have a lot of landscape disruption again now, similar to the old spikes issue.  It's a shame.

There was talk last month about the Asobo crew being demoralised by the response after SU5, but it is also disheartening to the simmers (and customers let's not forget) when we are constantly getting these regressions time and time again, and even Asobo seem to be surprised by them.  I know they have about 40 different builds on the go apparently, but they really need to find a way of managing the regressions for sure.

Edited by bobcat999
  • Upvote 3

3 hours ago, MarcG said:

If everyone at Asobo was fired for incompetence, the place would be empty and we wouldn't have got this message. 🤣

It's got to the point where I read these announcements and press releases and it might as well say 'blah, blah, blah' on them for all the confidence I have in anything written in them actually occurring on schedule and without some cock-up along the way.

Ironically, I'm fairly happy with the product itself overall, in spite of the regular stuff ups in it, since only one of these has really been a complete showstopper which made it totally unusable, but it couldn't be more obvious that there are some truly incompetent people working there when we witness the amount of clumsy errors they make.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

3 hours ago, MarcG said:

Maybe some commenters should be fired for incompetence here?(!)

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1