Sign in to follow this  
Jeff Nielsen

Live Dev Q&A and Junkers JU-52 Update

29 minutes ago, Chock said:

If everyone at Asobo was fired for incompetence, the place would be empty and we wouldn't have got this message. 🤣

It's got to the point where I read these announcements and press releases and it might as well say 'blah, blah, blah' on them for all the confidence I have in anything written in them actually occurring on schedule and without some cock-up along the way.

Ironically, I'm fairly happy with the product itself overall, in spite of the regular stuff ups in it, since only one of these has really been a complete showstopper which made it totally unusable, but it couldn't be more obvious that there are some truly incompetent people working there when we witness the amount of clumsy errors they make.

That's the think I like, no I LOVE this Sim when it's all working correctly and I'm in the "zone" it's an absolute pleasure. But the constant mess ups patch after patch after patch are incredibly annoying, that's what itches my skin.

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

7 minutes ago, urthgental said:

Maybe some commenters should be fired for incompetence here?(!)

I'm not here to sit with my head buried in the sand and pretend everything is rosey, when silly little errors and blatant issues aren't dealt with prior to an update I'll shout about as it's my given right after buying a product that's supposed to work correctly.

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

Maybe they received my Zen desk bug about the props spinning the wrong direction after showing a video of a real JU startup... Pffft 🤣

• Like 4

tpewpb-6.png

hmmm ...

Well this thread is better than the main forums where they basically rant about how it is disgusting that Asobo would produce a model of an aircraft used by an evil regime bent on world domination and genocide to murder babies  ....

Hi all from my point of view

I have no issues with the delay of a release until it is correct, I actual think delaying a release until it is ready is good practice.  

However, i may be subscribing to a conspiracy theory, but delaying  the Q&A session,  after the issues related to the update today, that so many users had with the  update requiring the Xbox thingy, and no prior or during information feels like a dodge to me.

Best wishes

Bob

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Chock said:

If everyone at Asobo was fired for incompetence, the place would be empty and we wouldn't have got this message. 🤣

It's got to the point where I read these announcements and press releases and it might as well say 'blah, blah, blah' on them for all the confidence I have in anything written in them actually occurring on schedule and without some cock-up along the way.

Ironically, I'm fairly happy with the product itself overall, in spite of the regular stuff ups in it, since only one of these has really been a complete showstopper which made it totally unusable, but it couldn't be more obvious that there are some truly incompetent people working there when we witness the amount of clumsy errors they make.

World Update 6 may have been one of the best updates yet, since they added back the pre terrain cache slider.

Now we have great FPS and for those who didn't like the pop-up and the culling from SU5, they can move that slider to Ultra and get back what we had pre SU5 (but even if they set it to Ultra, I think they still get better FPS than pre SU5).

• Like 2

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

11 minutes ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

hmmm ...

Well this thread is better than the main forums where they basically rant about how it is disgusting that Asobo would produce a model of an aircraft used by an evil regime bent on world domination and genocide to murder babies  ....

You have to be joking!?  No, you're not are you...

I only go to the official forums to vote or for a specific third party aircraft thread. 

We need to realise that there will always be people with views right at the edge of the spectrum. 

Educated people will see that the Ju-52 was built by a company, not a regime.
We should always let people have their say, but it is up to us all to judge whether or not to act on it, or even respond to it.

If the issue with the Ju-52 is being raised, then you could stretch that to almost anything - Boeing for the B-52 bombing in Vietnam for example.
Oh no, I hope the pop group don't get cancelled for using the B-52 name - Love Shack is a great song!  :biggrin:

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 5

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

7 minutes ago, rlaycock said:

Hi all from my point of view

I have no issues with the delay of a release until it is correct, I actual think delaying a release until it is ready is good practice.  

However, i may be subscribing to a conspiracy theory, but delaying  the Q&A session,  after the issues related to the update today, that so many users had with the  update requiring the Xbox thingy, and no prior or during information feels like a dodge to me.

Best wishes

Bob

It's possible they haven't figured out why it requires the X-Box app.  I mean, I think it's probably a conjunction of Microsoft Store and MSFS that triggers that bug.  So they need to work with the Microsoft Store team to figure it out.

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

24 minutes ago, MarcG said:

I'm not here to sit with my head buried in the sand and pretend everything is rosey, when silly little errors and blatant issues aren't dealt with prior to an update I'll shout about as it's my given right after buying a product that's supposed to work correctly.

This is not an anonymous ranting about some tech giant, the Q&A is done by Jorg Neumann, Sebastian Wloch and Martial Bossard

The official forum is a total mess now, with people having their own agenda ranting about everything.

I could fully understand them shutting down the forum for the public, skipping Feedback, Bug Reports, Wish lists and Q&A Sessions all together.

FSX was fantastic, no development, no fixes, no new content, no communication.

This is what this community deserves!

Edited by urthgental
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, urthgental said:

FSX was fantastic, no development, no fixes, no new content, no communication.

Even better, FSX required super powerful processors that almost nobody could afford. 👍 Those were the days! 😉

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Give people power to really test their personality.

50 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

You have to be joking!?  No, you're not are you...

I only go to the official forums to vote or for a specific third party aircraft thread. 

We need to realise that there will always be people with views right at the edge of the spectrum. 

Educated people will see that the Ju-52 was built by a company, not a regime.
We should always let people have their say, but it is up to us all to judge whether or not to act on it, or even respond to it.

If the issue with the Ju-52 is being raised, then you could stretch that to almost anything - Boeing for the B-52 bombing in Vietnam for example.
Oh no, I hope the pop group don't get cancelled for using the B-52 name - Love Shack is a great song!  :biggrin:

To be perfectly honest, anyone who thinks the Junkers 52 is representative of an evil regime clearly has no idea about the history of Junkers, because in fact the absolute opposite is true. For anyone who isn't unaware of this, I'll give them the story here:

Hugo Junkers got interested in aeroplanes a few years after the Wright Bros made their first heavier than air powered flight, he was already a successful engineer with a company that had made numerous advances, particularly in metallurgy. In 1915 his Junkers Flugzeug und Motorwerke made the first all-metal monoplane - the experimental J1 - which was very heavy, but it was more of a proof of concept for an aeroplane without bracing wires than anything else and in this respect it was a successful experiment. As a result, the German military wanted him to make military aeroplanes for them, but Hugo wasn't keen on this, he was a pacifist and a democrat, so did not like imperialism and warfare, but he was essentially forced into doing this for the German military since his company was German. He did nevertheless, do what he could in regards to his beliefs and went out of his way to make aeroplanes which were very protective of their crews, and his ideas on this later formed the basis of the armour on things such as the IL-2 and the A-10 Thunderbolt II. He built a ground-attack sesquiplane which was very tough and hard to shoot down in spite of being slow, and he also built a well armoured monoplane fighter.

But it was after the war that his company flourished in regards to aeroplane production, however, owing to restrictions from the armistice, Germany could not produce large aeroplanes and so much of Junkers production moved abroad and Junkers also concentrated on developing air freight and passenger airlines, including Lufthansa and Aero-Lloyd. As such, he carefully analysed the needs of such airlines and built aeroplanes to suit these requirements, and through a series of steps and ever-increasingly impressive aeroplanes, he eventually built the Ju52. The Ju52 came in an initial version with a single engine, which was specifically designed for freight, and a passenger version which had three engines for the additional safety this engendered soon followed. It was a few years after this when the Ju52 was proving very successful, that the N@zis got interested in his abilities and asked him to help build their covert new Luftwaffe. Hugo did not want to do this, but the N@zis, and specifically scumbag Erhard Milch, basically blackmailed and threatened Hugo into handing over control of his company to them, and they put him under house arrest too. There is speculation on what happened next that even if they didn't actually kill him, then they certainly contributed to his death shortly after this incident from the pressures they put on him. They basically bullied an old man and drove him to his grave.

So contrary to the Ju52 being representative of the N@zis, nothing could be further from the truth. Hugo Junkers was a brilliant man and entirely admirable in his moral standards too, especially in standing up to the N@zis. The Junkers 52 is a monument to this, not those goosestepping scumbags. Anyone who thinks otherwise has clearly never read any history books, because if they had, they would know that the Junkers 52 was flying even before the N@zis got into power.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 9
  • Upvote 2

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

22 minutes ago, SamYeager said:

Even better, FSX required super powerful processors that almost nobody could afford. 👍 Those were the days! 😉

Yes, how short memories can be. It was indeed years before PC hardware caught up with FSX and by then one could read about hundreds of tweaks that were more or less effective in wringing out every last ounce (or gramme) of performance.
Finally the hardware did catch up, only to be thwarted by the VAS limit.
That said, in those years, various developers worked miracles in making FSX do what it might have done if the Aces team had not been shut down and it became a very good flight simulator.
It still is, regardless of the current trend of writing off what went before, just because there is something new.
Asobo seem to have made almost as much progress already and yet there are so many poised and ready to criticise at every twist and turn of this developing story.

Edited by Reader
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Chock said:

Hugo Junkers was a brilliant man and entirely admirable in his moral standards too, especially in standing up to the N@zis. The Junkers 52 is a monument to this, not those goosestepping scumbags.

It is more complicated than that. Hugo Jungers was indeed a honorable and courageous man. And he designed the Ju 52 in the late 20’s/early 30’s before Evil fell over Germany.

It is also true that this aircraft is known for and was the workhorse of the German Luftwaffe in the invasion of the Netherlands, Crete and Russia. To present Tante Ju as a « German Legend » may sound like bad taste. It does to me.

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Due to an unexpected Out of Office from one of the members of our Dev Q&A stream

My guess is Seb. The other one with long hair is not really necessary for the Q&A they already made Q&A without him. But Q&A without Seb would be impossible. 

6 hours ago, MarcG said:

Fired for incompetence perhaps?(!)

Poor taste when we don't know why.

5 hours ago, eaim1973 said:

More likely Covid related.

Exactly. Could be he or a relative is ill or worse. Sometimes it's better to say nothing...

• Like 6

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)