Sign in to follow this  
Geofa

I don't want to sound ungrateful, but..........

Guest ArtieLange

>After reviewing what ACES/Microsoft put together in FSX, I>would say that they would be better off concentrating on>getting FSX fixed rather than waisting time on an add-on. >Come on guys, there add-ons are going to be nothing more than>new missions and default planes that many of us don't fly>anyway. Third party add-on developers will blow them away as>far as add-ons are concerned.>>One more word of warning. ACES/Microsoft has already proven>that they are not to be trusted when they make claims about>FSX functionality. They are currently saying their first>add-on package "Adrenaline" will be released with a DX10 patch>at the same time, so "Adrenaline" will be DX10 compatible. >You cannot believe them when they make claims like this. >Remember, when FSX was released back in October we were told>that FSX would become DX10 capable with a free DX10 patch at>the same time that Vista was going to be released (January 31,>2007). Now we are being told FSX won't be DX10 capable until>the holiday season of 2008, nearly a full year later. >>DO NOT TRUST ANY MARKETING CLAIMS YOU MAY HEAR FROM FSX>MAREKETERS, THEY HAVE FLAT OUT LIED TO US IN THE PAST, AND>MADE CLAIMS ABOUT FSX THAT WERE FULLY FALSE NO MATTER WHICH>WAY YOU LOOK AT IT. >>I agree, plus months before FSX came out they told us it was made to take advantage of dual core cpu's.

I agree, plus months before FSX came out they told us it was made to take advantage of dual core cpu's.Whoa there!!! Where did you ever see this? MS to this day, never gave any indication FSX was programmed to take advantage of multi core processors, nor SLI, nor Crossfire! Let's not go round spreading false information!!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Larry......Larry,Why can't you just let it go ? Seriously, what other possible outcome could you possibly be after here, if not to drag out the same old drum to beat, yet again ?

Regards,

Brian Doney

>Larry......Larry,>>Why can't you just let it go ? >>Seriously, what other possible outcome could you possibly be>after here, if not to drag out the same old drum to beat, yet>again ?Let what go?

Didn't they already do that? Or, am I just missing something?Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Guest Kev_Is_Soaked

I had a neighbor sell me his car a few years ago, he put a lot of work into getting it ready for certification and all that... I was very appreciative of what he did .... but it didn't stop me from punching him out when I found out that he had previously bent the frame (thus its a write-off), before deciding to sell it to me.My point is... I know that ACES have put a lot of blood and sweat into this product, and I do appreciate that. But FSX was NOT what I was led to believe... and the more time passes, its looking more and more like it will NEVER be what it was supposed to be.A year from now, I imagine that FSX will be a lot more enjoyable. I think that it will definitely be a wholesome experience. But I do not think that the problems will be solved by tomorrows hardware, but by tomorrows patches. How would ACES know how their software will perform on next years newest processors when they couldn't even foresee the popularity of SLI and Dual Core? What annoys me, is that even though it became a sure thing after development of FSX had started, why wasn't the production leader having his team re-evaluate the project? Why would they continue and complete a SLI and DC incapable FSX long after these technologies become standard equipment in homes across the planet, then market it as the end-all-be-all of next-generation simulation??? Why? Because they could, and did.My biggest question is... why are so many people happy with this? Patting them on the back won't get this sim patched properly till xmas... (Disclaimer: Some people truly are happy with their FSX experience... cool. However I know for a fact that most of these happy people are really just 'content' that it runs 'fluid-like'. Are you REALLY happy, did you get what you paid for? Did you get what you thought you were getting? Or were your hopes dashed too.)Kev CSELECT * FROM developers WHERE clue > NULLZero rows returned.

>Hello Gang!>>As the title of my message states, I don't want to sound>ungrateful with this post and my intention is not to start a>flame war at all. I am grateful that Microsoft/ACES is>dedicating time and effort to expand FSX and make it better ->- - - we all know it needs fixing/patching in many areas. I'm>glad to see that a patch is in the works and that we may see>it in a couple of months. By the same token, I'm OK with the>DX10 patch coming (strategically around X-Mas time), because>by then, there would be a couple of proven/tested DX10 GPU's>and Vista would have been patched and updated at least 20>times.>>What bothers me in some ways is this:>>Why is ACES spending time creating new airplanes and trying to>come up with new prodcuts to add to FSX and fundamental things>such as ATC and performance are still an issue? This whole>ATC issue is somethignthat they have avoided addressing like>the plague. In fact, the ATC engine did not change from FS9. >I don't want to go into the details because ATC issue topics>are all over the history of these forums, and I also realize>that the ATC engine is allright but things such as SIDS/STARS>and other basic things need to be enabled.>>Bottom line - I believe they need to improve on the already>existing FSX before the start adding new things such as>airplanes and stuff; leave that to the third party devs.>>My 2 cents!>>>Sincerely,>>Dennis D. MullertThey are just trying to come up with ways to get people to upgrade to Vista.

"Let what go?"....I'm gonna give you the benefit of the doubt, and assume you aren't being intentionally obtuse... Can you not just accept the fact that many people are not able to achieve the results you claim to have achieved ?Can you not accept the fact that "crisp textures" and "better feeling air(?)" are not features that will appeal to everyone ?Can you not understand that many people may have had higher expectations, realistic or not, of what FSX was to be, and are quite disappointed with what it actually is ?Can you also not understand that some have tried very hard to embrace FSX, unsuccessfully, and how that can be a very frustrating experience ?Or, has the "debate" itself actually become the point for you ?I can see no other justification or purpose for your post above, but maybe it's just me.

Regards,

Brian Doney

Guest ArtieLange

>I agree, plus months before FSX came out they told us it was>made to take advantage of dual core cpu's.>>Whoa there!!! Where did you ever see this? MS to this day,>never gave any indication FSX was programmed to take advantage>of multi core processors, nor SLI, nor Crossfire! Let's not go>round spreading false information!!Quote from Shawn Firminger, Aces studio manganer for FSX."It's clear that the new dual core systems will enable you to get the most from FSX, but it's also clear that it will run very well on your existing Windows XP, 3 GHz, single core system. "FSX is a multi-threaded application so by its very nature the performance will benefit from dual-core. We do not benchmark hardware and the test phase for dual-core will not occur until the summertime," Shawn elaborated."Here you go http://www.flightsim.com/cgi/kds?$=main/feature/firming.htmMore nuggets from the article"Flight Simulator X is still on track for a holiday 2006 release and will be optimized for Windows Vista when Vista is released," according to Shawn."

Hi Keven-I think you will find the answers to your questions:"What annoys me, is that even though it became a sure thing after development of FSX had started, why wasn't the production leader having his team re-evaluate the project? Why would they continue and complete a SLI and DC incapable FSX long after these technologies become standard equipment in homes across the planet, then market it as the end-all-be-all of next-generation simulation??? Why? Because they could, and did."Here:http://blogs.msdn.com/ptaylor/default.aspxHere are some particular threads that address them:http://blogs.msdn.com/ptaylor/archive/2007...isnt-in-xp.aspxhttp://blogs.msdn.com/ptaylor/archive/2006...d-tomorrow.aspxhttp://blogs.msdn.com/ptaylor/archive/2007...od-measure.aspxhttp://mywebpages.comcast.net/geofa/pages/rxp-pilot.jpg

Guest Kev_Is_Soaked

Also in that article..."..if you're an early adopter and want to run FSX full-throttle from day 1, get your dual core system now."Go figure....

Guest hopsing88

Oh boy oh boy, Flight Simulator X: Adrenaline! will be released later this year and then we can fork down YET ANOTHER (yes, that is SHOUTING, that

Guest ArtieLange

>I had a neighbor sell me his car a few years ago, he put a>lot of work into getting it ready for certification and all>that... I was very appreciative of what he did .... but it>didn't stop me from punching him out when I found out that he>had previously bent the frame (thus its a write-off), before>deciding to sell it to me.>>My point is... I know that ACES have put a lot of blood and>sweat into this product, and I do appreciate that. But FSX>was NOT what I was led to believe... and the more time passes,>its looking more and more like it will NEVER be what it was>supposed to be.>>A year from now, I imagine that FSX will be a lot more>enjoyable. I think that it will definitely be a wholesome>experience. But I do not think that the problems will be>solved by tomorrows hardware, but by tomorrows patches. How>would ACES know how their software will perform on next years>newest processors when they couldn't even foresee the>popularity of SLI and Dual Core? What annoys me, is that even>though it became a sure thing after development of FSX had>started, why wasn't the production leader having his team>re-evaluate the project? Why would they continue and complete>a SLI and DC incapable FSX long after these technologies>become standard equipment in homes across the planet, then>market it as the end-all-be-all of next-generation>simulation??? Why? Because they could, and did.>>My biggest question is... why are so many people happy with>this? Patting them on the back won't get this sim patched>properly till xmas... >>(Disclaimer: Some people truly are happy with their FSX>experience... cool. However I know for a fact that most of>these happy people are really just 'content' that it runs>'fluid-like'. Are you REALLY happy, did you get what you paid>for? Did you get what you thought you were getting? Or were>your hopes dashed too.)>>>Kev C>>SELECT * FROM developers WHERE clue > NULL>Zero rows returned.The irony is the a really excited user tell you FSX is "future proof" and made to run on tomorrows hardware.