Sign in to follow this  
Geofa

I don't want to sound ungrateful, but..........

>agreed, >>are you equally critical of the naysayers as the sayers, I>hadn't seen that.I'm mostly just critical of the people who can't hold a mature and intelligent conversation.

Thanks, we have an awesome local area to fly in I think!I took an fsx flight from my home field bfi to Hoq, the other day...oh did I miss a realistic Bowerman once I landed. Someday...B

Many users of FSX fly the default>aircraft because they are "gamers" and "beginners". The>flight sim commnuity "diehards" don't use these "simple">in-accurate panels/aircraft. Your comment is greatly inaccurate and makes me sick. Keep your comments to yourself if you plan to try and speak for the rest of the "diehards" in the community!Regards, MichaelKDFWNot anti FS9, just pro FSX!

Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe nForce4 SLI-x16 / AMD

Best, Michael

KDFW

>So after every bad experience user we get a nice 'but I don't>have a problem here' Larry post together with that nice Hawai>sceenshot and that accomplishes what?>>So maybe if I had the time I could prepare some nice FS9 with>add-on screenshots and comment on every such post that with>the same computer, some add-ons and FS9 you too can run in>ultrasharp 60 FPS stutterfree large add-on ready FS9.5>>Its pointless if its always Larry posting the same. It might>as well give the impression that the whole satisfied FS-X>userbase consists of guys named Larry ;-)Have you somehow, missed all of my recent & glorius FS9 screenshots? :-hah Afterall, I'm just a push-over! I can be impressed with FSX, FS9, and sometimes, even with X-Plane! :-lol FS9:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/167853.jpg

"If you believe that's all we got; then it's useless to waste my time convincing you otherwise. You wouldn't know what you've gotten, because you simply don't even realize it's there."You're right, it is a useless waste of time, yet you continue to do it on an almost daily basis..."Of course it's well known, that a pilot's brain will fill in many of the gaps, such as feel, that is obviously missing in a fixed desk bound simulator."Wouldn't that also apply to FS9 then ? Or are Crisp Textures a requirement ?"It's also known that this brain can interpret what a designer is attempting to achieve.":-hmmm"Those that have no background of these particular senses, will tend to not appreciate, nor recognize them."Ahh there we go, post wouldn't have been complete without a little condescension :)

Regards,

Brian Doney

Guest ArtieLange

>Thanks, we have an awesome local area to fly in I think!>>I took an fsx flight from my home field bfi to Hoq, the other>day...oh did I miss a realistic Bowerman once I landed. >>Someday...>>BIt's been a long, rough winter, November floods, wind storm, the snow and ice, but once spring gets here all will be good again.

Guest Len

>So after every bad experience user we get a nice 'but I don't>have a problem here' Larry post together with that nice Hawai>sceenshot and that accomplishes what?>>So maybe if I had the time I could prepare some nice FS9 with>add-on screenshots and comment on every such post that with>the same computer, some add-ons and FS9 you too can run in>ultrasharp 60 FPS stutterfree large add-on ready FS9.5>>Its pointless if its always Larry posting the same. It might>as well give the impression that the whole satisfied FS-X>userbase consists of guys named Larry ;-)Hehehe...

>>Ahh there we go, post wouldn't have been complete without a>little condescension :)It's a fact. I could put on a happy face, and pretend that it's NOT fact.Would you then feel better?

There was nothing wise in your post in my opinion. I don't think adrenaline is a patch, that is being taken care of by the SP's which I believe are free, the P51 will mostly like be for racing, not killing and lastly, criticize MS all you want, but do it based on a valid argument, not unfounded, baseless information.Ian.

I wrote another blog post to discuss what supporting Vista means and what the Vista slips did to our timing of various things; as well as the fact this quote of Shawn is out of context.See it here, http://blogs.msdn.com/ptaylor/archive/2007...-mean-dx10.aspxIn addition my previous blog post herehttp://blogs.msdn.com/ptaylor/archive/2007...multi-core.aspxdiscusses SLI and multi-core which continues to come up and be a source of misunderstanding.

Guest FxF3

I thought the FSX bashing days were over? I have been pretty happy with FSX. It might just be me but for a $50 piece of software FSX has done as much or more then I could of asked for. This is not a multimillion dollar sim so why do you get all crazy over the few problems it has and that can be worked out if you just wait and let people help you.I just got help on a problem yesterday from Brain of ACES. Now where else can you get help like that? So my hats off to the guys that made FSX and to whatever they are doing in the future. Also to AVSIM which has this great forum where you can find help and even rant a little if you want within reason.;)

interesting how you pick and choose what you'll respond to..."It's a fact."I made no claims otherwise."I could put on a happy face, and pretend that it's NOT fact.Would you then feel better?"That's not my point, Larry, and you know it.

Regards,

Brian Doney

Avsim used to be a nice place to visit, but the discussions here have become childish and violent for the most part. FSX "a really excited user" as those who enjoy the simulation are now called are being attacked for defending the sim after ridiculous half truths and twisted logic have been posted bashing FS, MS, Aces and others. What has this place come too?I love aviation and flightsimming, I love flying FSX, loved flying FS9, FS8, 7....Fly, Pro Pilot (even bought the kids version for my son).... I've been on avsim for over 10 years I believe reading the discussions, taking in information and laughing and lurking at the humerous posts, but now it seems it's nothing but acidic posts without an ounce of respect or thought I flying left and right.Few intelligent discussions, too many ego slapping and taunting over and over. Considering this is the FSX forum don't we have a right to defend the reasons we enjoy the sim and point out any mistruths being spun by the antiFX party?The OP posted a well worded concern which I believe can simply be answered with one group is working on the service packs, the other the DX10 and Xpack. Has the FSX launch gone as planeed? One could assume the delay of Vista through it out of whack, but who knows. If you don't like FSX don't use it, switch to x-plane or continue to use FS9. Venting frustrations spouting a really excited user and M$ and a really bad dude to a bunch of people who enjoy FSX and respect the development team will in high probability only annoy and encite a flame war. Why post it then? If it's an intelligent, well founded complaint you will most likely get a better response. It's human nature.Ian.

Maybe we should agree on a stand-off until SP1 is out.:-hah I do see a point in the current surge in negative posts about the new Aces announcement though. If you believe that FS-X was released somewhat under par you do want every ACES member working to get those things fixed in SP1.. Somehow a pressrelease about an ACES FS-X add-on doesn't sound that great if your still strugling with the original program.2nd point the 'exclusive features'. While FS9 was 'just' FS9 and FS9.1 it was still problematic for some add-on developers to deliver support (some people simply forgot to patch). We currenly have 4 different FS-X flavours (plain vanilla versions and the Photo-Based Scenery Add-On Update installed versions). SP1 will bring us to 6 different possiblities, Adrenaline! will bring us to 8 the DX10 patch wil give us 10 different FS-X versions.So now if one of your clients has a problem lets say a graphics glitch he can use 1 out a total of 10 official configurations possible. Thats a nightmare.

simcheck_sig_banner_retro.jpg

Guest LeeWang

Oh dear :-eekMichael is sick.. :-erksChill out, and smile Michael, and don't be so serious! Enjoy our hobby, laugh, and share opinions and experience. Personal attracts from behind a keyboard is not cool :-coolI chilled out this afternoon and did a quick flight... Still a lot of snow yet to melt...LeeIf only I could fly with Autogen turned on... Oh the good old days..http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/167857.jpg