Sign in to follow this  
TRauppius

Heads up!! skysims MD11 Updated to 1.1

Guest stevehow

Hi just noticed this...downloading now. steve

Guest JTEK99

I haven't purchased this yet but have been closely following any threads on it.Some of the earlier threads in various forums indicated that several changes to the FDE were necessary to get the aircraft to fly well; I noticed in the notes to the Skysim update that the developer made some FDE changes as well. However, I'm hoping that they didn't "dumb down" the flight model in response to complaints, so I'm wondering how the update modifies the "feel" of the aircraft.I'd be curious to know what you think after shooting some approaches with the updated MD-11.Thanks for any info. As always, I'm interested in opinions of this aircraft.

:( Yes, whoopy...but it did not install properly on my machine. I aborted after noting "1. Your key hasn't been found on the system".The abort dump refers you to their web page FAQs that say that you need to download a new installer. OK, but SIMMARKET won't allow downloads after a few weeks the initial purchase. Just enough time for early adopters to get denied a free download of either 1.1 or the new installer routine.I have support requests into both SkySimulations and SIMMARKET and I am awaiting a response.Todd Rauppius

:-) Some good news. simMarket responded to my request by re-enabling my download link so that I could get a fresh/full installation of the updated Version 1.1.After a few flights I can notice the positive improvements:1. More accurate fuel rate2. Pilots shown and a few other cosmetic externals; nice3. FDE and .cfg file parameters fixed for better handling and autopilot tracking; can now use 4X time on autopilot through turns and ActiveSky temp/pressure changes.4. Do not need the .cfg tweaks necessary on the earlier version; although you may want to consider adding a default vertical rate for the autopilot (I am using 1800 fpm).5. You need to change the airline ATC names to Fed Ex, American and Swissair; the default names don't match the FS airlines names with pre-recorded voice callouts.6. Fuel management claims to be automated and move the fuel around for trim/balance; BE CAREFUL...I loaded tanks 1-3 identically, only to have the fuel management system run me dry on engine 2 inflight!The patch is far from perfect but a definite step in the right direction.