Sign in to follow this  
piperarrow41

Stutters on the Ground

9 minutes ago, Ixoye said:

I can report that my first test with a fresh Win10 install and only vanilla game + keyboard and mouse worked, no stuttering at all, even at Ultra, now I shall continue to install premium and deluxe + all world updates, and if that work I will continue to install my USB peripherals, I've got some hope back now.

That is excellent news! Hope it gets sorted, you're helping a lot of people with this testing. 

• Like 1

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

17 minutes ago, Ixoye said:

I can report that my first test with a fresh Win10 install and only vanilla game + keyboard and mouse worked, no stuttering at all, even at Ultra, now I shall continue to install premium and deluxe + all world updates, and if that work I will continue to install my USB peripherals, I've got some hope back now.

I like your attitude and commitment!

• Like 2

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //

No stutter on ground or takeoff after waiting the 20 sec initial load. very smooth. never went below 40fps.

• Like 2

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

2 hours ago, piperarrow41 said:

Was your Windows 10 installation up to date prior to the fresh install?

Yes it was, but I had a power failure during the update of the patch, probably some system file in Windows was damaged, I can not think of any other explanation, now everything works as it should again.

• Like 1

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

Just now, piperarrow41 said:

Glad to hear, not sure I really want to reinstall Windows 10 though.

I understand that, it is a pain really, but what takes the longest time is to reinstall the game.

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

Same here.I experienced the stutters are increased near the ground.

Intel i7-9700K - Asus Nvidia RTX 2080 Super - 32 Gb Ram - SSD Drive - Win10 x64 - Samsung 43" 4K TV

Unless there are problems with other applications besides MSFS, re-installing Windows sounds like overkill to me. In this case, the fact that others are having the same stuttering issue --and one that evidently persists only for seconds -- makes it very unlikely that Windows is the cause of the problem. For me, reinstalling Windows would be an extreme last resort. In several decades and multiple versions of Windows, I have never had a problem that required it.

• Like 1

I'm glad you were able to fix it Ixoye!

Since the issue might have been somewhere in the Windows file structure, or registry - does anyone know a way to verify a Windows 10 installation that actually finds broken files and replaces or repairs them? Is there a built in feature? Or a tool you can use? It would be handy, so people don't have to re-install Windows completely when an MSFS update goes sideways. Not everyone has a dedicated flight simulator computer, so there would be a very big job of re-installation of absolutely everything. There must be an easier way. I don't have this issue myself (knock on wood), but lots of people are dealing with it. 

Edited by Republic3D

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S

1 minute ago, fogboundturtle said:

yes sfc /scannow is the command

Excellent, maybe someone who has this issue should try using that to see if it fixes itself.

5 hours ago, Ixoye said:

I have just reinstalled Windows

How do you reinstall Windows and then not need to reinstall everything else?  MSFS included.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

5 minutes ago, fppilot said:

How do you reinstall Windows and then not need to reinstall everything else?  MSFS included.

I did not, it is impossible.