Sign in to follow this  
Rasta_Dude

RealTurb and Accu-Feel

Hello,

recently I found RealTurb and now I'm quite interested in it. I heard it few times before but never knew what it is exactly. On my research I also found the add-on Accu-Feel and I'm a bit confused right now. I know that Accu-Feel has some other features like advanced sounds (tire squeal on touchdown, etc) but in terms of physics in-flight has it the same functions as RealTurb? Are these two add-ons compareable or did I missunderstand something? So because I'm thinking of buying one of these add-ons I'd have a few questions:

1) Is Accu-Feel limited by specific plane models or does it work with all (FSLabs, PMDG, QW, etc)?

2) Is there a complete bundle (worldwide) of RealTurb or do I have to buy all the continental parts to get worldwide coverage (they are currently on sale at simMarket!)?

3) Is RealTurb limited to some special airports with high terrain around it or does it work everywhere (maybe also some effects recognizeable on quite flat terrain?)?

4) Is there any benefit of buying Accu-Feel and RealTurb to use them together?

5) If they are compareable: which one is better (in your personal experience)?

I mostly fly big and heavy planes like PMDG NGXu / 777 / 747, FSLabs Airbus'es, QW 787,... I already quick tested the free RealTurb version for Antarctica & Africa but because I don't know which airports are "interesting" in Africa for RealTurb I didn't know where to go. I tested in Nairobi (HKJK) but there it is quite flat and therefore I recognized almost no effect on approach.

Thank you!

Regards

Asus ROG Strix X470-F Gaming Mainboard
AMD Ryzen 7 2700X (no OC)
Zotac Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 AMP! Edition (8 GB VRAM)
Kingston SK Hynix 64 GB DDR4 RAM (4 x 16 GB)
Samsung 970 EVO 2 TB NVMe SSD

1.Accu-Feel works with all plane, but some "hi-end" add-ons with it's own complex aerodynamic may not working best with it, but you can easily disable it for specfic aircraft.

I just left it on with allmost all my feelt, including NGXu, FSL, CS75/67, QW787 and ifly747 etc... there are some issue like too much roll on ground for CS757 and some high mach bufft for most aicraft at normal cruzing speed, but it can be very easily adjusted out from Accu's menu.

2. if you buy all RT in one order on simmarket, you'll get discount.

3.Not sure, but I feel RT working on some "midde-of-nowhere" airport when I hit a thunderstrom. not sure on terrain then. So far I feel RT can give me much better up and down air movement near terrain or weather, with Activesky. So I feel worth it.

4.At least I see no harm so far.

5.I almost never fly without Accu-feel from day 1 in P3D. but recenly added realturb did added some more feeling near weather and terrain, so I would recomnmmand to get both.

• Like 1

Accu-feel changes aircraft physics adding momentum and such, while real-turb is geographic in nature, adding turbulence to the environment.  They in theory should work perfectly together.

• Like 1

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

They are both different products providing different functions as Gridley mentions.

Accu-Feel was one of my "must haves" where I simply didn't want to and didn't update to P3D v4 until it was available as an x64 addon.

Real Turb fits in nicely with terrain and links into Active Sky Next's API, but I believe you can use it without ASN (I do have ASN).

The're both of the type of addon I'd say you don't notice till they are not there.

I have both and am perfectly happy with their operation.

Accu-Feel and RealTurb together vid

Cheers

Edited by Rogen
  • Like 1

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

P3D 4.5.14, Orbx Global, Vector and more, lotsa planes too.

Catch my vids on Oz Sim Pilot, catch my screen pics @ Screenshots and Prepar3D

Thanks everyone! I think I'll give it a chance in my add-on collection. I do use Active Sky so very nice that RT interacts with it.

Accu-Feel also sounds very promising.

Thanks a lot for sharing your experience with me! And my confussion is gone I think. 😄

Regards

Edited by Rasta_Dude

Asus ROG Strix X470-F Gaming Mainboard
AMD Ryzen 7 2700X (no OC)
Zotac Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 AMP! Edition (8 GB VRAM)
Kingston SK Hynix 64 GB DDR4 RAM (4 x 16 GB)
Samsung 970 EVO 2 TB NVMe SSD