Sign in to follow this  
Mart2020

Milviz KA 350i - Black screen outside of flight deck

I installed the KA 350i today and was not having any issues until I restarted my PC.  The screen outside out the flight deck is now all black.  I am using P3RD v5.2.  My GPU is an Nvidia 2070 Super.  All other aircraft is loading correctly (Q400 and A2A Cessna).  Before I manipulate / delete / restore any PR3D cfg file, or delete any Shaders cache and cause more issues, I want to know if there's any step I need to follow.  Can someone provide any assistance?  Thank you!

I'm not seeing that. 

One thing I would try, is to monitor your vram usage while the King Air is loaded.  the Milviz King Air is somewhat resource-intensive, although you aren't having problems with the Q400 then you shouldn't with the KA either.

If you're using Chaseplane or EzDok I would disable those utilities and then test.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

I have seen another user on this very forum with a similar issue and no, I could not follow the suggested steps from that exchange. 

My VRAM usage is 4.0 / 7.1 GB w/37, 38 FPS when loaded.  And this, with Chaseplane also loaded.  So, not so different from what I get with the Q400.  There has to be another issue going on that resource cap. 

EDITED > For sanity check, I lowered the resolution to a minimum (Low texture resolution, 1920/1080, and every slider in 'World' down to the minimum) and I'm still having the same issue, with a VRAM usage of 3.8 / 7.1 GB and 43 FPS upon loading.  I appreciate your suggestion, I really don't know what to think...  Hope someone can provide other feedback?  I am lost on this one.  

Edited by Mart2020

1 hour ago, Mart2020 said:

I have seen another user on this very forum with a similar issue and no, I could not follow the suggested steps from that exchange. 

My VRAM usage is 4.0 / 7.1 GB w/37, 38 FPS when loaded.  And this, with Chaseplane also loaded.  So, not so different from what I get with the Q400.  There has to be another issue going on that resource cap. 

EDITED > For sanity check, I lowered the resolution to a minimum (Low texture resolution, 1920/1080, and every slider in 'World' down to the minimum) and I'm still having the same issue, with a VRAM usage of 3.8 / 7.1 GB and 43 FPS upon loading.  I appreciate your suggestion, I really don't know what to think...  Hope someone can provide other feedback?  I am lost on this one.  

Hi

The B350i appears to use the most VRAM for all of my addons in P3Dv5. 

Couple of questions and things to try:

1. What is the version of the installer you are using?

2.Did you install with your AV off and using Admin privileges? Have you tried adding the install exe/folder to your exclusions from your AV?

3. Have you tried updating TrueGlass and RealLight that come with the installer? You can do this by re-running the installer and having the TG/RL installers update to the latest version and then running a repair on your install.  If you have ORBX Central, you can run those installers from your products by selecting the Addon e.g. TrueGlass, select Verify and it will download the updated version to your SIM. Don't forget to Sync ORBX Central and your v5 install 

Hope this helps

Edited by Tokitaumelie

Hi Tokitaumelie,

I removed every Milviz KA350i file from my PC and started over.  This might be an issue with the installation, I agree.  Initially, earlier today, I was able to go thru the installation w/the .exe file and was able to see the aircraft on the runway (with no black scenery from the cockpit), then on a sudden I had to restart my PC and that's when I started to see everything black from the cockpit' windscreen.  I am now trying to open the .zip file (as a new install) and I see a message "Access denied - Cannot create C:\MVKA350i_v.1.2.0_20201109.exe, administrative privileges may be required".  The .exe is one of the components in that .zip file.  I am the admin of this PC, no one but me has access to every file and drive on this machine.  I have X-Plane and P3RD all functioning well, I am not sure what rights I need for this particular install that I do not already have for every other aircraft already installed on X-Plane and P3RD.   Before I open a .zip file with this error message, please tell me if there's something I can check that I may be unaware of.   Thanks much 

An item to confirm is if the install file is marked as "blocked".

When an item is downloaded form the internet Windows will typically mark it as blocked (because the internet is an untrusted place)

Normally this doesn't have much of an effect, however it can play funny buggers with access.

Plus if the downloaded file is a zip or an installer, extracting or installing would result in folders full of files marked as blocked.

To confirm right click on the file and choose properties.

The General Tab will show at the bottom of the dialog if the file is marked as blocked.

Untick to unblock.

Cheers

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

P3D 4.5.14, Orbx Global, Vector and more, lotsa planes too.

Catch my vids on Oz Sim Pilot, catch my screen pics @ Screenshots and Prepar3D

I was only able to right-click on the .zip itself and check under Security (no notice on 'blocked').  None of the components in the .zip file apparently installs as an individual item, so I cannot find that .exe installer when I run a search on my 'C' drive.  Acknowledging the error message clears the message but adds only the .zip file as a whole to my 'C' drive.  And if I right-click on the .zip file found on my 'C' drive, I go back to the error message that I have just cleared and I am a loop....

EDITED >  Wait.  I looked in the 'General' tab. . . it shows the .zip as Read Only, then I select Unblock and the Apply, then I see a window that says "Error Applying Attributes - an assertion failure has occurred". 

Edited by Mart2020

Try disable ‘True Glass’ in the ‘Addons’ drop down menu and then re-enable.

regards Bob

In the original install, True Glass was disabled (I saw in some forum that it may create issues, like CTD); good suggestion, but already tried it.  I am now stuck on unzipping the file from Milviz and getting to the .exe installer (I removed the aircraft altogether and am trying to reinstall)

29 minutes ago, Mart2020 said:

I was only able to right-click on the .zip itself and check under Security (no notice on 'blocked').  None of the components in the .zip file apparently installs as an individual item, so I cannot find that .exe installer when I run a search on my 'C' drive.  Acknowledging the error message clears the message but adds only the .zip file as a whole to my 'C' drive.  And if I right-click on the .zip file found on my 'C' drive, I go back to the error message that I have just cleared and I am a loop....

EDITED >  Wait.  I looked in the 'General' tab. . . it shows the .zip as Read Only, then I select Unblock and the Apply, then I see a window that says "Error Applying Attributes - an assertion failure has occurred". 

Try extracting the archive, then run the installer (exe not the zip) as Admin. Be sure to disable your AV before executing the extracted -installer/exe

I was able to extract the .exe installer to my desktop (not sure why it installs only to my desktop but I can retry selecting a different folder on my 'C' drive later) and run it.  This was my 'last-gasp' effort.  I am now in P3D, on a runway, and can see the world outside the cockpit, for as long as it lasts anyway....  maybe a temporary solution, maybe not.  THANKS everyone on this thread for having being patient with me!!  I have never had so many issues downloading a software app; there may be something wrong with it. 

Cheers

• Like 1

To unblock a file make sure the Read Only attribute is first cleared.

Cheers

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

P3D 4.5.14, Orbx Global, Vector and more, lotsa planes too.

Catch my vids on Oz Sim Pilot, catch my screen pics @ Screenshots and Prepar3D