Sign in to follow this  
Waldo Pepper

FS History - Play the first four MS Flight Sims in a browser

9 hours ago, johnlynn said:

4kb RAM module plugged in the back. 

Man....how ever did you use all those extra KILObytes? 🤣

Didn't Gates once say that we'd never need more than 64KBs for the OS?

I started on an Atari 520ST, FS2 I think....been too long.  SubLogic's ATP was my sim though....many, many hours in it....I mean look at these graphics...STUNNING!  You can see why I loved it
0rQvt6.png

Now we have to put up with these horrible graphics....

6LfNio.jpg

9MNSOD.jpg

I wish we could go back to those awesome graphics of yesteryear. 🙂

• Like 1

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

I started off with Sierra pro pilot (I think it was called) in 1997 on an IBM. Quickly morphed over to MS soon after. I always remember the ATC was years ahead in Sierra though .

Don't forget choppers, with very good graphics for the time 🙂

Laminar Research customer -- Asobo/MS customer -- not an X-Aviation customer - or am I? 😉

15 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

I started off with Sierra pro pilot

At the time I Loved the intro to that sim on startup! 

• Like 1

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

Yeah! Propilot 99 !!!

And Fly! / Fly2!

• Like 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I enjoyed ATP, then ProPilot, then got into Fly! and Fly!2 for many years.  I would  go back to FS from time to time but it just wasn't as realistic (cockpits and handling) as some of the aircraft of Fly! (especially the adjustments and creations of Rob Young and PMDG).  I did add FSX when it came out and it certainly was an improvement (if I got some add-ons).

I was still using Fly!2 about half the time when I saw the first announcement for FS2020.  After studying up on what was coming, I invested in a new VC, updated to Win10 and that was it.

Randall Rocke

Deep down I always felt that all that time practicing the Crop Duster entertainment option would pay off someday... beat this score, suckahs!   😄  👍

(for you young'uns who aren't familiar with it, select Crop Duster from the Entertainment options in the first menu, take off, fly runway heading to the grid on the ground, and press I to stop/start the smoke to "dust" the grid squares, which will turn black when treated.  Turn around and dust as much of the grid as you can before running out of time)

1KlkhXG.gif

Edited by Stoopy

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

Back in the 90s, I was working with a guy who dreamed of being a pilot, and was working towards his PPL.  Somehow I got my hands on a copy of Chuck Yeager's Air Combat, and from there it was on to FS-5.1.  By now, I have spent far too much time with these sims.
FS 5.1, FS-98, FS-2000, FS-2002, FS-2004, FSX, Flight, FSW, P3Dv3, P3Dv4, MSFS

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]

What was cool is that the big box stores had FS 5 for $50. And soon after FS 5.1 for $50. If you already installed 5.0, then it still cost $50 for 5.1.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.