Sign in to follow this  
sluihn

Puzzled... pc xbox controller

I have been using an PC Xbox Controller for a few months now and in the past during flight, I would turn it on to pan around scenery and when i turned it on there would be a pause or a crash and sim would close down but most of time pause and controller would do its job.   Lately, and this is pre WU6 and tail end of Update5 during flight and I turn it on now it leaves the Flight back to the menu and flashes up a box that asks if i would like to use preset settings or custom ones and I HAVE TO TELL YOU THIS BREAKS EVERYTHING IMMERSIVE IN ANY GAME ANY ONE WOULD EVER PLAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!    Why is this just start happening?  

Thanks in advance,

Steve  

• Like 1

Step one... turn on controller before loading the sim.

Step two...

Step three... Profit!

Seriously, just turn it on first, then there is no prompt to break immersion.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Sigwolf said:

Seriously, just turn it on first, then there is no prompt to break immersion.

Unfortunately, it's another example of something which previously worked now needing a workaround to return to correct function.

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

Some of you guys complain about anything. Before you would plug in a controller while the sim is running and it would crash. They fixed that. Now the complaint is that it breaks immersion because now it asks to select a preset while the game is running 🤦🏼. You're sitting in front of a PC and complaining about breaking immersion 

25 minutes ago, devgrp said:

Some of you guys complain about anything. Before you would plug in a controller while the sim is running and it would crash. They fixed that. Now the complaint is that it breaks immersion because now it asks to select a preset while the game is running 🤦🏼. You're sitting in front of a PC and complaining about breaking immersion 

I absolutely dont know where to go with this kinda response.  You offer no solution and frankly should be banned from posting anything on Avsim. Everyone wonders why Avsim has a reputation, Frankly its from responses like this, "Some of you guys complain about anything. Before you would plug in a controller while the sim is running and it would crash. They fixed that. Now the complaint is that it breaks immersion because now it asks to select a preset while the game is running 🤦🏼. You're sitting in front of a PC and complaining about breaking immersion."  Was not complaining I was asking if anyone had the same experience and had a setting i might have not know or a procedure to keep windows from exiting the flight when hardware is introduced after the start of a session.  

Thanks for playing now go back to your basement, 

Cheers

Steve

Yes, the pop up box and back to menu started happening to me too after SU5. It asks about using a default controller assignment or something. As if it was the first time I've plugged in an Xbox controller. 

Clearly this is a bug, it should recognize peripherals we've used many times before. I only use the controller for the drone camera, so I dont have it connected all the time. 

The workaround is simple - yes - start the controller before loading up MSFS. But it should not happen to begin with. 

• Like 1

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

22 minutes ago, sluihn said:

I absolutely dont know where to go with this kinda response.  You offer no solution and frankly should be banned from posting anything on Avsim. Everyone wonders why Avsim has a reputation, Frankly its from responses like this, "Some of you guys complain about anything. Before you would plug in a controller while the sim is running and it would crash. They fixed that. Now the complaint is that it breaks immersion because now it asks to select a preset while the game is running 🤦🏼. You're sitting in front of a PC and complaining about breaking immersion."  Was not complaining I was asking if anyone had the same experience and had a setting i might have not know or a procedure to keep windows from exiting the flight when hardware is introduced after the start of a session.  

Thanks for playing now go back to your basement, 

Cheers

Steve

I will repeat what others said, plug your controller in before you start the sim and it wont break immersion. Some of you guys create your own problems. Bug or not, do you think asobo is going to burn the midnight oil just to please you? Some of you guys are way too emotional. Take a break and go for a walk. Its really not that serious lmao

Love this New to Me Ignored Users list one can use via your account options. Just added a couple names

Hopefully a fix will arrive with next Service update or maybe Microsofts way of saying update to Win11

Thanks 

• Like 1

Just to add, plugging in a controller has been popping up that dialogue long before SU5. At least it has for me when I forget to plug in my controllers before starting MSFS.

Note: for reasons I have yet to figure out, I have to unplug my controllers when not using MSFS or my screen will not go to sleep. I leave my PC on 24/7 (with an automatic reboot at 1:00 am) for... reasons.

...jim

ASUS Prime Z790-E, Intel i9 13900K, 32Gb DDR5 Ram, Nvidia 3090 24Gb, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500 GB and 1 TB, Samsung Odyssey G9 Ultrawide 49" G-SYNC Monitor.