Sign in to follow this  
Guest iwantmydc3

Whatever happened to CONSTRUCTIVE criticism?

as every one of us has different expectations, this can not be answered. The machine with the capacity to run everything maxed out at +30 frames/seconds in every situation does not exist today.This has been discussed over and over again, and not the issue of this thread. JanThe statistics are clear : 100% of the planes come back down to earth.

Guest BlueRidgeDx

I'm sure it will take all of 5 minutes for this post to fall off the front page under the weight of countless complaints of "M$" deception/conspiracy theories....but what heck, I just gotta ask.What ever happened to constuctive criticism?You know, the kind where you thoughtfully point out a problem then offer possible solutions while maintaining a professional, or at least courteous tone.I'm appalled at the shear volume of baseless accusations, personal attacks, and inaccurate commentary coming from what outwardly appears like a group of 4-year-olds fighting over a sucker.I know that the ACES team has much thicker skin than I, but I wonder just how detrimental this lemming-like motivation to jump on the ACES bashing band-wagon really is?It seems that many here are either too young to remember, or choose to ignore the fact that with the development and release of FSX came a completely new era in the way that the FS team interacts wth the community.It seems that for many, there is simply no consolation. They want their cake, they want it yesterday, and they want it all for themselves. Nevermind that ACES has commited to two (2) FREE service packs that include, gasp!, user requested fixes and content impovements. Nevermind that ACES is producing an in-house add-on that will expand the FS user-base. Nevermind that ACES is constantly in contact with the community through the various forums, blogs, and the "tell_fs" alias.No, surely they are a bunch of inept automatons that are worthy of nothing more than your scorn and your "M$" label...I'd spend a little more time offering more than pitiful child-like belly-aching, and more time offering viable solutions to genuine problems.Nick

I believe you're spot-on with regard to the DX10 situation Frank. The graphics will look better and there will be some things that will only show via the DX10 API - but he FPS increase will be minimal. And I'd also extend that to SP1. Anyone looking for a massive FPS increase with SP1 is going to be sorely disappointed - it just isn't going to happen. SP1 will, indeed, improve performance in some areas and will fix a few of the bigger bugs, but, again, it's not going to work magic for the FPS issue(s).Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

I don't think the post concerns those with valid criticism but those who complain using M$ and Aces sucks etc... FSX isn't perfect, neither is FS9 (thus the 3rd party community) but I'll take them over any other flight sim. To come in and bash the programmers and MS is just disrespectful.Problem is we've all heard the arguments and we all know what the problems are. Some can live with them, some can not, and if you need to vent and want to get the attention of the devs I don't think complaining like a 12 year old having a tantrum the way to do it.I've seen some pretty disrespectful posts some of which are based on rumour and speculation which have no foundation in truth. On the flip side I've seen some excellent posts that get to the heart of the issue and are well laid out criticisms that merit a response from the devs, which they usually do if they find them in time. Ian.

I'm one of the few people satisfied with FSX. I think the reason so many are shelving it is because FS9 is and excellent sim when you incorporate all the add-ons and if you have a current pc it will does very well. Some like me have had 15-20 fps in FS9 for years so I'm used to low fps, but after buying a new pc in my regular 2 year cycle I get the same fps and more in FSX.I could stick with FS9 and get 70 fps, but FSX to me looks better. That's a personal preference that's not going to change. I get about 40+ fps in a cessna in Anchorage alaska with mytraffix at 50% and GA-traffic at 40% and radar contact. FSX isn't perfect but I'm having a great time using it, though I do understand the performance issue is a major problem that needs to be fixed because there are alot of good things to discover in the FSX world. Even some of the biggest critics agree there is potential in FSX, it just needs to be usable by more people.Ian.

Again, there's a difference between criticizing the sim and calling the developers names and demonizing microsoft. Though I will admit, the debate is becoming so stressful, this conservative may just put a flower in his hair and run naked throught the daffodils. Nothing wrong with that, hec, maybe I'll film it and send it to Aces, that'll push them into doing something ( most likely calling the police). :)In all seriousness though, Aces have listened and our releasing a patch (should be a fun day on the forum). I doubt it will solve everyone's problems, but sometimes you have to be optimistic. I'm more of a pessimist, always have been, that's why the inability to fly into JFK doesn't bother me. I expected poor performance in cities as that has been the norm for FS since about 95, but until another sim comes out, all anyone can do is depend on what we have and right now I'd rather enjoy the FS series, so I'll take it warts and all.Ian.

Guest Stoopy

Ooo! Ooo!!!Please add me to the list of people who are satisfied and flying FSX instead of posting on forums!! (Dangit but I'm posting now....D'OH!!)Would I post about what I like and some of the great experiences I've had? Tried that, and have seen others do it, and now say, NO WAY!There's little point in expressing joy or satisfaction with the new sim and it's features, like (for me) thermal and ridge lift for gliders so the challenge of long-distance soaring can be attempted, highly entertaining mission content, lots of small but noticeable improvements in the user interface, weather, and aircraft handling, when you'll be shot down as a "fanboi" or have the topic degenerate into another FPS rant. Pbbbt! Mix in some of the ridiculous Bill-Gates-conspiracy-theories and shockingly personal anti-Microsoft sentiment and it's almost a circus...except the elephants are way out of line and the clowns are brandishing baseball bats among the audience.Think back to the FSX TV commercials that were being aired back in November/December....remember the part where the little animated dude sat in front of his computer and grew into an airline pilot? "Pop" he's got a mustache...."Pop" he's got the aviator sunglasses...."Pop" he's got the captain's hat on his head....Remember what the commercial showed him doing to recover? Smacked himself right across his own kisser to snap himself back into reality.Talk about an accurate forecast, do these guys know their user base or what???!!!! Getya's an open-handed reality check across the cheek, then lighten up and have some fun, folks, it's a fargin' entertainment title!

After reading this thread, it's my decision that the honeymoon is over in regards to how laid back we are towards the rules.I suggest highly that everyone look here:http://forums.avsim.net/toc.htmlThe most important part is this:"Finally, be advised that we have a "1 strike and you are out" policy for abusers of the AVSIM Forums. We are dedicated to providing the best possible environment for the thousands of users of this system, and we will not tolerate disruptive, abusive, or otherwise objectional behavior or material on this system. Those who breach our policies will be shown the door."I've given out plenty of warnings about personal attacks, and everyone should be aware that my policy of leniency is done. The people in this thread have echoed what I feel, that this forum has become a madhouse, and it's about time we clean it up some.A few points to clarify:- We only need one thread per topic. That means threads in regards to patch release dates, Vista and FSX performance, etc, will be locked with a reference to an existing thread on the topic.- As the TOC clearly states, these forums are on topic only. Posts in the FSX/FS9 forums in regards to issues that aren't Flight Simulation will be moved to the Hanger Chat, or deleted if they violate other rules.- The personal attacks end. It should be clearly noted by everyone, that like you and the other forumers here, the ACES team members are GUESTS of AVSIM on this forum, and abusive or derogatory comments towards the ACES team will fall under this same umbrella rule. It's immature, uncivil and hurtful to our community.I hope that, in time, everyone can come to enjoy these forums again.

Guest Len

>I'm sure it will take all of 5 minutes for this post to fall>off the front page under the weight of countless complaints of>"M$" deception/conspiracy theories....but what heck, I just>gotta ask.>>What ever happened to constuctive criticism?>>You know, the kind where you thoughtfully point out a problem>then offer possible solutions while maintaining a>professional, or at least courteous tone.>>I'm appalled at the shear volume of baseless accusations,>personal attacks, and inaccurate commentary coming from what>outwardly appears like a group of 4-year-olds fighting over a>sucker.>>I know that the ACES team has much thicker skin than I, but I>wonder just how detrimental this lemming-like motivation to>jump on the ACES bashing band-wagon really is?>>It seems that many here are either too young to remember, or>choose to ignore the fact that with the development and>release of FSX came a completely new era in the way that the>FS team interacts wth the community.>>It seems that for many, there is simply no consolation. They>want their cake, they want it yesterday, and they want it all>for themselves. Nevermind that ACES has commited to two (2)>FREE service packs that include, gasp!, user requested fixes>and content impovements. Nevermind that ACES is producing an>in-house add-on that will expand the FS user-base. Nevermind>that ACES is constantly in contact with the community through>the various forums, blogs, and the "tell_fs" alias.>>No, surely they are a bunch of inept automatons that are>worthy of nothing more than your scorn and your "M$" label...>>I'd spend a little more time offering more than pitiful>child-like belly-aching, and more time offering viable>solutions to genuine problems.>>NickOr, you could have avoided posting yet ANOTHER thread about the criticism, constructive or otherwise, concerning FSX. Your thread is nothing but a redundancy. But heck, since it's here I'll post another redundant response.

Guest Len

Mike T. has been the voice of reason and criticism. Kudos.

Guest BlueRidgeDx

>Or, you could have avoided posting yet ANOTHER thread about>the criticism, constructive or otherwise, concerning FSX. Your>thread is nothing but a redundancy. But heck, since it's here>I'll post another redundant response.Thank you for proving my point. Have nice day.Nick

"What ever happened to constuctive criticism?"The simple answer is that it's difficult in comparison with destructive criticism.

Well said NickA post like this is LONG overdue.We should be grateful for the fact that the ACES team is interacting with the users in a CONSTRUCTIVE way.PLease all of you naysayers STOP complaining and use thoughtful and constructive ideas to elucidate your point of view.I applaud the ACES team for their gallient efforts and perpetuating the life of this great flight simulation hobby.Bo

Bo Klop

Nick, If you would be so kind to point me to one of the "tell_fs" sites I truely am in need as all the attempts to contact MICROSOFT in any way has failed and I am in real need of HELP.ThanksTONY

Frank:Re: your THIRD opinion, and with all due respect, that simply is not the case. I see plenty people with state of the art rigs and video cards that have quit and uninstalled in frustration. That WAS NOT the case in past releases. State of the art rigs could at least run the new FS release well enough to encourage those people to be patient and make the necessary tweaks and not uninstall. Sure we changed our hardware as advances became available, but we still flew in the meantime. This release is unusable in many people's opinion and on rigs from FNW screamers to Dell XPS monsters. The trend may be that it requires a dedicated system, who knows. If that is the case, it will exclude a great number of simmers.http://www.my-buddy-icon.com/Icons/objects/red_3d_plane.gifAlex ChristoffN562ZBaltimore, MD

PowerSpec G426 PC running Windows 11 Pro 64-bit OS, Intel Core i7-6700K processor @3.5GHz, ASUS GeForce RTX 4070 12GB Dual Graphics Card, ASUS TUF Z590-Plus Gaming motherboard, Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD, Samsung 750 EVO 500GB SSD, Acer Predator X34 34" curved monitor (external view), RealSim Gear G-1000 avionics hardware, Slavix, Stay Level Custom Metal Panel, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Redbird Alloy THI, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals.