Sign in to follow this  
BigT65

Latest Update Missing

I am getting a notice that there is a new required update and to go to the MS Store to install it. I can't find an update anywhere. The MS Store says my simulator is up to date. I cannot get the simulator to start without installing the update. I need some serious advice on this.

i7 8700K CPU @ 4.8 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 3000 memory, Gigabyte Aorus Z370 MB, EVGA RTX 2060 Super XC Ultra GPU 8GB GDDR6 Memory, MasterAir MA610P CPU cooler, 1T PCIe NVMe SSD, 500GB SSD, 2T HDD, 3 Asus 24" monitors, Saitek X56 Rhino H.O.T.A.S., Altec Surround Sound System.

You are not alone, there are many recent threads on this, see below:

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Make sure you're signed in and double-check that your system is updated to the latest and greatest.  Must have latest Windows 10 update before it will show up in your MS Store account.

Edited by jime59

Banner_MJC5.png

James D. Edwards

This may help. Download the XBox app from Microsoft {google it} and install it. Then go the Microsoft store, the MSFS update should now appear. I discovered this after having the same problem.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Andy675 said:

This may help. Download the XBox app from Microsoft {google it} and install it. Then go the Microsoft store, the MSFS update should now appear. I discovered this after having the same problem.

Thanks for that, finally after 3 hours of searching and following ms steps , you have the right answer . thank you for sharing this

• Like 1

Hmmm still don't get it. All Windows updates complete, Xbox app installed, but still no update in Store - says I'm good to go even after reboots.

Ah well. Something will give eventually.

1 hour ago, Cloudrider said:

Hmmm still don't get it. All Windows updates complete, Xbox app installed, but still no update in Store - says I'm good to go even after reboots.

Ah well. Something will give eventually.

There are several X-Box applications.  Make sure you download and sign in to the right one.  Also, you must use the same sign in for the X-Box app that you used to purchase MSFS.  For more details, read this post:

• Like 1

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM