Sign in to follow this  
Ray Proudfoot

[Resolved] Error after P3Dv4 was uninstalled

I uninstalled P3Dv4 a few days ago as I'm using v5 but on opening AILR I'm getting this error and in the dropdown box for sim selector nothing appears. How can this be fixed please as it's also impacting on AIG TC.

AILR_error2.jpg

AILR_error.jpg

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi Ray,

It is weird as it is not finding your V5 install, something is odd about either your V5 registry keys or installation path. Causing the error above..

Can you check your V5 registry install?

Regards,
S.

Hi simbol,

There is nothing wrong with my v5 install. Since posting I created a folder in appdata\roaming and named it Prepar3d v4 and within it copied cameras.cfg from v5 equivalent into it.

That allowed AILR to open without error and I was able to choose v4 or v5 from the drop down.

So the existence of that file in that folder is the key. Can you advise how I can clear my v4 files within AILR and maybe that will allow it to open correctly for v5 only.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

8 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Hi simbol,

There is nothing wrong with my v5 install. Since posting I created a folder in appdata\roaming and named it Prepar3d v4 and within it copied cameras.cfg from v5 equivalent into it.

That allowed AILR to open without error and I was able to choose v4 or v5 from the drop down.

So the existence of that file in that folder is the key. Can you advise how I can clear my v4 files within AILR and maybe that will allow it to open correctly for v5 only.

Right! so it could be is that P3D V4 left a registry key about V4 despite that it has been uninstalled, tricking AILRP to believe V4 is stil on your PC and it was trying to get it ready..

1 minute ago, simbol said:

Right! so it could be is that P3D V4 left a registry key about V4 despite that it has been uninstalled, tricking AILRP to believe V4 is stil on your PC and it was trying to get it ready..

Affirmative. I flew the Vertx DA62 in v4 and I was able to copy all the files over to v5 as the author has personal problems and is not responding to requests to make a v5 installer.

It also has a utility for configuring the aircraft and this requires an entry in the Registry for v4 in order to function.

It looks like AILR is expecting v4 to be installed because of that entry. Is it possible to tell it to ignore v4 and only interact with v5?

I ask because the AILR problem is having a knock-on effect with AIG TC. I have no problem uninstalling AILR and starting afresh as I haven’t spent any time configuring Ai lights. Just concerned about licence issues as I had that problem a few months ago.

Can you configure AILR for one version only of P3D even if it “thinks” there are two?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 minute ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Can you configure AILR for one version only of P3D even if it “thinks” there are two?

Well that registry key is telling AILRP that V4 is installed.. I am afraid the registry hack you implementing is having a knock off effect, my software simply put is being told V4 is in your system and alive. I am away of my dev PC to test but, can you select V5 from the drop box and just click configure? theoretically should just adjust V5 and ignore V4.

If not, there is not much I can do.. the software is designed to detect P3D as per SDK recommendations, which is via registry settings.

R.

But surely it's possible to have two versions of P3D installed but only want AILR to interact with one of them?

Surely that's possible isn't it?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Simbol,

I've uninstalled AILR and deleted the registry key for P3Dv4. After reinstalling I enter my activation code and password and I now get a message about the number of activations has been exceeded.

How is this possible when this is the first uninstall / reinstall for months and there has been no change to my hardware. Exasperating!

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

It looks like you've cleared the activation problem but n closing AILR I get this FATAL_ERROR...

AILR_error3.jpg

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi Simbol,

I've posted about this in the P3D forum as I know there are quite a few users of the Vertx DA62 in v5.

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/606747-vertx-da62-in-v5-and-ai-lights-reborn-problem/

The suggested work-around at the end of that message would appear to be a reasonable solution.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather