Sign in to follow this  
Guest ksporry

unable to install FSX

Guest ksporry

Hi guys,recently I received my copy of FS-X de luxe.I wanted to install it on my pc, only to realise that my PC does not even see teh disk at all. It just ignores it!There is nothing wrong with my pc as I have been working with DVDs just before I wanted to install FSX. I wanted to ask Microsoft for help, but they don't even allow me to email them a question! I first need to install the program, get the product ID and use that to submit my question.Anyway, lets not talk about how good microsoft's support is.My PC runs windows XP SP2, its a 2.8GHz, with 1GB RAM, and I use an MSI Geforce FX card (can't remember what type but it has 256MB RAM on it), all the usual crap on it, and yes I use a DVD drive.Has anyone encountered a problem like this? Any ideas how to solve it? I already checked out the help section on fsinsider, but those suggestions didn't work (start>run: drive:autorun, where drive is my DVD drive. Or control panel>add program> from disk).Any ideas?Is it posisble that my PC just is not able to read the format of teh DVD?. My DVD drive is a normal DVD drive (single layer). Are the DVDs in the box double layered? I did notice that when I look in windows explorer, when the disk is in the drive, the drive is highlighted as DVD-RAM. I thought DVD-RAM disks are quite different from the usual DVD disks. Could this be the reason for my inability to install th program?

Guest ksporry

'fraid I only have one PC...

A friend's, neighbor's, relatives? Trying to see if it your system or your DVD itself. There were reports that certain DVD players would not read Disk 1.Jimhttp://www.hifisim.com/Active Sky V6 Development Team Active Sky V6 Proud SupporterHiFi Beta TeamRadar Contact Supporter: http://www.jdtllc.com/AirSource Member: http://www.air-source.us/FSEconomy Member:http://www.fseconomy.com/

Guest ksporry

I've been checking some other forums (just google for fs-x installation), and it seems more people seem to have this particular problem. However, I found only one post in all those forums that gave a solution: install an ancient DVD drive. This allowed the owner to install fs-x. Unfortunately usually I get rid of my old components. 'cause newer is supposed to be better, right?well, maybe I will call MS on monday to ask if they could give me a new "old" dvd drive, free of charge, to install fs-x.By the way, I think this is teh last time I got an MS product. I heard about Vista being as buggy as any other MS product. Combined with this FS-X issue, well, I guess I'll switch to Mac... (I admit, no FS-X, but they do have x-plane...)

Guest ksporry

I disabled DLA, polished teh disk extra, to make sure there is no scratch or smudge whatsoever on there, uninstalled ALL DVD player programs and burning programs.Well, it recognises the title of teh disk, but after 30 minutes of doing nothing, I get the report that the disk is either corrupted or in a format that cannot be recognisde by Windows.Do I need an new OLD DVD drive? Is the disk corrupt? SHould I ask for new disks to replace the ones I have now?