Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

This is the best state MSFS has ever been in

Concerning Cirrus clouds, it's not that they have been lost sometime during development, they never have been there from day one (and day -365). I think they said they will be added at a point, and I agree they are missing.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 2

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

8 hours ago, Greazer said:

They need to add more Multi Threading including for photogrammetry, to fix stutters while it's loading.

Which stutters?

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Greazer said:

They need to add more Multi Threading including for photogrammetry, to fix stutters while it's loading.

From my understanding, the usual bottleneck for the loading of photogrammetry is your internet connection.  I'm not so sure that splitting up the photogrammetry work into different threads is going to yield better performance and reduce the stutters, if the bottleneck is your internet connection.

Having said that, it probably helps if you create a rolling cache file of the right size (I think Asobo discussed what was a decent size for the rolling cache).  And on top of that, if you fly in the same area over and over again, you may consider setting up a manual cache file.  That should improve the FPS and stutters for areas that you frequently fly in (although for rolling cache, the benefits may come the second time you fly in that area as the first time you fly in that area, it needs to be added to your rolling cache for the first time).

Edited by abrams_tank
  • Like 2

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

On 9/9/2021 at 12:12 PM, jarmstro said:

Now I just need to be able to stop myself from obsessively fiddling with the settings!

It's just a left over behavior from FSX.  It should pass with time...

Russ

Master Sergeant, U.S. Air Force, Retired

Former T-33A Crew Chief

Former B-1B Crew Chief / Flightline Maintenance Expediter

Former Learjet Corp. Quality Inspector

Formerly Young (😩)

On 9/9/2021 at 11:09 AM, 6297J said:

In its current state it is the greatest flight simulator available to the general public in the history of the known universe.

Agreed, but if XP or P3D were to come out with similar scenery graphics, I would definitely re-visit them...

Russ

• Like 1

Master Sergeant, U.S. Air Force, Retired

Former T-33A Crew Chief

Former B-1B Crew Chief / Flightline Maintenance Expediter

Former Learjet Corp. Quality Inspector

Formerly Young (😩)

6 minutes ago, b1bmsgt said:

Agreed, but if XP or P3D were to come out with similar scenery graphics, I would definitely re-visit them...

Russ

This will never happen. 

• Like 5

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

16 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

This will never happen. 

I agree, for reasons that have been discussed in earlier threads.

• Like 2

well this is my post WU6 shot taken this evening on a lovely flight in the 208 coming into LOWI as the sun was starting to go down...  it was such a great flight that I took a screenshot (which I don't often do) but this was a keeper.  Solid 60 FPS all the way, no stutters  at 9500ft just before turning into the valley for the descent..

LPojnbp.jpg

Graham

Edited by Moria15
  • Like 7

System specs...   CPU AMD5950,  GPU AMD6900XT,  ROG crosshair VIII Hero motherboard, Corsair 64 gig LPX 3600 mem, Air cooling on GPU,   Kraken x pump cooling on CPU.  Samsung G7 curved 27" monitor at 2k resolution ULTRA default settings.

3 hours ago, b1bmsgt said:

Russ

LM could certainly afford to do it w/ their $6.83B of net income last year.  They obviously don't care to else the entire franchise, P3D, would have advanced far faster than it has since it was initially released eleven years ago.  When I think about the absolutely paltry changes that happened from v1 to v2 to v3, and finally the port to 64-bit w/ v4, each iteration costing $200 for those who weren't pretending to be legitimate students, and then contrast that with what has been delivered by MS/Asobo it's pretty clear LM never really wanted to do anything to meet the desires of the bulk of the people on this and similar forums.  And of course they implied that somewhat in their EULA.  And when I think about what one got for that $200x5, or even $50x5 to get to v5, remove the 3rd party content and what you have is a collosal piece of refuse, by comparison of course to what we have in MSFS.

• Like 2

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

8 hours ago, swiesma said:

Which stutters?

Presumably the stutters being seen by his eyes.

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

5 hours ago, b1bmsgt said:

Russ

Laminar Research has been clear they are not looking at ground textures based on satellite imagery.  

I'm looking forward to their next X-Plane release.  Improved lighting and weather is promised.  As long as ground features are in the right place, VFR flight will still be realistic without satellite imagery.  I spend most of my time in MSFS, especially after SU5 with hotfix 2 and WU6.  When I want to fly an aircraft only available in X-Plane, I still get a great feeling with the flight.

• Like 2

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

2 hours ago, Moria15 said:

well this is my post WU6 shot taken this evening on a lovely flight in the 208 coming into LOWI as the sun was starting to go down...  it was such a great flight that I took a screenshot (which I don't often do) but this was a keeper.  Solid 60 FPS all the way, no stutters  at 9500ft just before turning into the valley for the descent..

LPojnbp.jpg

Graham

A shot like this is exactly the reason I was so disappointed with Rex weather.  Depending on the current Metar station, Rex may have displayed a clear sky.  So good to see a weather front in the distance, so immersive.  

New member here, but long-time XPer and now MSFSer and long-time on XP and MSFS Forums.  Also, am recreational pilot.  I must say this Forum seems to be alot more positive to MSFS than the actual MSFS Forum!  I have enjoyed MSFS more and more every day since Day 1 Alpha testing.  Sure I have had some bugs but nothing compared to what I read about from others who have so many CTDs etc and in many cases cannot even get into MSFS - I have no idea what is going on there but I sincerely hope the developers can improve things more quickly.  Anyway, I am addicted to MSFS now, excited about its future, and have not been back to XP for quite a while.  Cheers.

• Like 6