Sign in to follow this  
Guest jshyluk

Beaver

Guest DP1

Has anyone got the aerosoft beaver? I'm wondering how it performs in FSX. Are the vc panel gauges nice & circular or do they have a few "squarish" bits around the outsides as I've seen on some vc gauges. Note that I have not seen the aerosoft gauges so am not commenting on them here. Any comments?David

I feel it is a much better model than the FS9 version, worth every penny.Regards, MichaelKDFWNot anti FS9, just pro FSX!

Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe nForce4 SLI-x16 / AMD

Best, Michael

KDFW

Can't resist. Nice Beaver :-lolGary

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 4500x4500 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

Excellent and great fun to fly! Bob..

I bought it and glad I did. Model, dynamics, sound and frames are all great.The only thing I did was edit the camera configs to so you can work the gps and switches (has no pop up panels). Gauges are fluid and the VC is nicly detailed, "and pretty clean for a workhorse" LOLLots of variations, and it comes with an amphibian. (wished the default would have been) Have lots of hours on mine already, and its everything they said it was.Garett

Guest captaindobbin

They added camera zoom configs for the instruments with the update. Given the low price, I think it's one of the best add ons currently. The Bates Air Amphibious Beaver is great (and there are two amphib types, one with wheels that pull in and one with wheels that pull up and over. Also two floats, tundra / regular tires, skis. 45 paint jobs. Many interiors which you can swap. Aerosoft will keep coming out with awesome fsx planes; just take a look at their new alpha catalina screenshots. They have some fighters on the way too.

Guest jmendes

Wonderful plane. Works great in FSX and on Vista.~ Jim

Guest dpc

That looks great. Might have to go snag that one.

Guest jshyluk

I am currently working on the Avsim review for the Aerosoft Beaver. I can't divulge anything that Aerosoft hasn't already commented on, so I think all I can say right now is that the Beaver X is a re-write of their original Beaver specifically for FSX only. Beyond that, you will have to wait for my review, which should be coming out fairly soon. The really time-consuming part is the weeding out of all my tpyos. Jeff ShylukAvsim Product Reviewer