Sign in to follow this  
RobJC

THANK YOU Microsoft and Asobo!

I know I speak for a lot of people when I say THANK YOU! Thank you to everyone working on this project so hard. To the team at Microsoft and Asobo, you guys are so talented to create a product like this. But talent alone is not enough to achieve something like this. You guys have remained focused and shown true tenacity to get as far as you have with this project. Also, please understand that there is a VERY LOUD minority of users who love to complain, and who find any reason to complain. They DO NOT represent the VAST MAJORITY of your customers, who love and respect the work you guys have done, and continue to do! We appreciate the openness you have shown the community, with the Twitch live streams, the roadmap, the priority lists, etc. etc. etc. You have also shown an openness to change gears and rethink features based on community feedback. That is commendable and you should be PROUD of not only what you've created here, but HOW you went about creating MSFS. How lucky are we to have you guys working on the greatest flight simulator of all time? 

Keep up the great work!   

• Like 64
  • Upvote 10

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

Well said and I concur.

• Like 3

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

I completely agree with the OP and want to convey my effusive gratitude to Asobo. I do, however, want MSFS merch, damnit -- polo shirts, coffee mugs, etc. 

• Like 7

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.

58 minutes ago, RobJC said:

Also, please understand that there is a VERY LOUD minority of users who love to complain, and who find any reason to complain. They DO NOT represent the VAST MAJORITY of your customers, who love and respect the work you guys have done, and continue to do!

even if the way of expressing the criticisms is not always appropriate (but this is to be expected when making a product for a large public in game industry), I am sure that they take into account comments, even the negative ones , to improve the (always good) product, which is beneficial to everyone,
So thx MS and Asobo AND peoples from community raising issue, missing features and doing so many good freeware/payware  product around the sim (excluding thoses doing "easy money" products without customer respect)

Edited by nirgal76
  • Like 1

i9-10850k - Asus Tuf Z490+ - 32 Go DDR4 - RTX 3070 8Go MSI Trio X

1 hour ago, RobJC said:

Also, please understand that there is a VERY LOUD minority of users who love to complain, and who find any reason to complain. They DO NOT represent the VAST MAJORITY of your customers, who love and respect the work you guys have done, and continue to do!

Ain't all of that 'da truth!

United001

• Like 2

Windows 10 Pro, version: 10.0.18363 Build 18363 - Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60 Mhz, 8 Core(s), 8 Logical Processors; Mobo: Z390 Phatom Gaming 4S-IB: Physical Memory: 16Gigs; GPU: NVIDIA GeForce FTX 2080 Super, 8 Gigs; 500Gigs Hard-Drive; 1TB SSD; 1TB SSD; 50" Samsung 4K Flat-screen monitor; 26" LG side-car monitor. Saitek Yoke and Throttle. Saitek Rudder Pedals.
Screen Resolution: Full Screen: 1920X1080 Full and Windowed modes. 

Its an amazing game no doubt and I agree with what you said. Even with the problems of SU5 I looked past that and enjoyed the treat that this title is. 

A couple of nights ago I couldn't sleep so I did a night flight in a C172 over the sea from the UK coast to the Netherlands. Droning along in the pitch darkness I saw a massive field of red lights on the sea below. I did a google on the second monitor and found the UK has the worlds largest offshore windfarms. What I saw was the Greater Gabbard network. 

The wow didn't end there. In the distance I began to notice city-light air glow from distant Rotterdam. Amazing! I had all the lights off in my room and stared fascinated as the air glow increased and the coast came into to view. 

Came in for a smooth landing and shut it down...and heard the nice ambient airport noises. 

Such nice escapism from the worries and stresses of our daily lives. So yea props to MS, Asobo, Black Shark, Bing Maps team & Azure! 

• Like 9

I agree with most of it, but for MS/Asobo to improve the product they do need to to get feedback on the little bugs AND complaints when they remove or dumb down a feature.

I stopped using MSFS for several months because the view for me had degraded so much.  Right now the sim is back to looking amazing and I enjoy it very much.  I am again buying a lot of addons.

Yes there are those who only seem to like negativity, but for me the worst side have been those that sneer at anybody who posts about an issue with the sim - even those issues confirmed by Asobo/MS!  

• Like 2

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

1 hour ago, David Mills said:

I completely agree with the OP and want to convey my effusive gratitude to Asobo. I do, however, want MSFS merch, damnit -- polo shirts, coffee mugs, etc. 

Agreed.  I want this MSFS computer case,

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

I concur too.

As much as I can be critic about some aspects, I also have to agree that MFS brought me an experience that is truly unique in some aspects.

The towns / places in the countryside I'm familiar with from RL flights have never looked so realistic in a standard scenery.

The simulation of weather visuals and some of the effects is also unique among everything I've tried before.

ASOBO's dynamism is yet another remarkable characteristic of the sim...

So, I fully agree with the OP !

• Like 3

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Some of the default planes tires don't look perfectly round! 👺

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

5 hours ago, RobJC said:

I know I speak for a lot of people when I say THANK YOU! Thank you to everyone working on this project so hard. To the team at Microsoft and Asobo, you guys are so talented to create a product like this. But talent alone is not enough to achieve something like this. You guys have remained focused and shown true tenacity to get as far as you have with this project. Also, please understand that there is a VERY LOUD minority of users who love to complain, and who find any reason to complain. They DO NOT represent the VAST MAJORITY of your customers, who love and respect the work you guys have done, and continue to do! We appreciate the openness you have shown the community, with the Twitch live streams, the roadmap, the priority lists, etc. etc. etc. You have also shown an openness to change gears and rethink features based on community feedback. That is commendable and you should be PROUD of not only what you've created here, but HOW you went about creating MSFS. How lucky are we to have you guys working on the greatest flight simulator of all time? 

Keep up the great work!   

+1

OP said it well, I agree....

• Like 2

Intel Core i7-6700 @ 3.4 GHz (Boost @ 4 GHz) | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING MB | Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000 32GB (2x16) | Samsung 950 Pro NVMe (Main OS) | Western Digital Blue 1TB SSD 2.5" (MSFS) | WD Blue 2TB SSD 2.5" (For MSFS ADDONS/MODS) | Zotac Geforce GTX 1060 6GB MINI Graphics Card | Fractal Design Node 202 Case | Corsair SF450 PSU | Asus TUF Gaming VG27AQ 27-in Monitor | WIn 10 PRO x64

I think I’m having one of the best sim / game / virtual experiences of my life.

• Like 6

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

By George , I think they (Asobo+MS) have got this , the future is bright mates .