Sign in to follow this  
RobJC

THANK YOU Microsoft and Asobo!

This us vs them business is so childish. Just a month ago, the VAST MAJORITY of customers were up in arms over the state of SU5… and justifiably so. Just keep in mind that those who are vocalizing issues are helping to make this sim better by drawing attention to issues and helping ensure they are treated with appropriate priority.

And raising issues does not imply a lack of respect or appreciation for the effort invested. It’s a sign that you care. 

Edited by Virtual-Chris
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, Virtual-Chris said:

This us vs them business is so childish. Just a month ago, the VAST MAJORITY of customers were up in arms over the state of SU5… and justifiably so. Just keep in mind that those who are vocalizing issues are helping to make this sim better by drawing attention to issues and helping ensure they are treated with appropriate priority.

And raising issues does not imply a lack of respect or appreciation for the effort invested. It’s a sign that you care. 

I agree but add that often in life it is not what you say, but how you say it, that is the more important.  Cheers.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Dominique_K said:

Certainly true for a part, for instance to explain their incomprehensible reluctance to offer historical weather. But when you are a smallish Blackshark or Gaya or Meteoblue etc. and that the big gentle giant in Redmont asks ever so politely for an addendum how can you refuse 😄 ?

Well I think what ended being is that Asobo/MS expanded their team, hired more new comers who are new to the codebase and created more code/version branches they can possibly manage. For example, the tree LOD fix was probably in a branch that was not merged into WU6 branch because the team is so big and the number of branches is too big.

I think it's for the most part a very enjoyable product.  There have been a few issues which have crept in hee and there, and hopefully they will get resolved.  Other than that, I'm glad to have it and waste entirely too much time making flights in MSFS.

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]

On 9/9/2021 at 11:12 PM, Waldo Pepper said:

Agreed.  I want this MSFS computer case,

Ha ha, this takes the term "overpriced hardware" to new levels. 

I mean, the pc industry is worshipping at the altar of the guy who invented this racket. 

Great video Doering! And to think a few years ago anything even remotely close to MSFS was a complete pipe dream. Thanks to Asobo and MS we now have probably the most advanced sim available to consumers. It is a technical tour de force! 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

39 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

Ha ha, this takes the term "overpriced hardware" to new levels. 

I mean, the pc industry is worshipping at the altar of the guy who invented this racket. 

I just want the case panels.  I've built my own systems for 25 years.

59 minutes ago, Waldo Pepper said:

I just want the case panels.  I've built my own systems for 25 years.

As I mentioned a few pages back, Origin doesn't even use the Millennium cases any more, so any chance would likely come from trying to find a used one (though I don't know who would want to sell one this soon after release 😀).  I don't think they did the custom paint jobs in-house (though I could be wrong there), so maybe you could get someone who works for Origin to let you know who they use and get the design painted on a different case.  Just a thought.

Edited by Sigwolf
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, FrankPilot said:

I agree but add that often in life it is not what you say, but how you say it, that is the more important.  Cheers.

Couldn't agree more. 

So you will be with me when I say that addressing someone as delusional, or a Laminar Research Agent, or someone without a life, for writing that something was wrong with the graphics after SU5 was not very respectful.

And will you agree with me that calling someone a moaner and a whiner for writing that they are experiencing ctds is a bit unpolite?

Thank you

A.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, RobJC said:

Great video Doering! And to think a few years ago anything even remotely close to MSFS was a complete pipe dream. Thanks to Asobo and MS we now have probably the most advanced sim available to consumers. It is a technical tour de force! 

Thanks! The other platforms will never catch up to MSFS. Incorporating new technology especially for the scenery has made for an incredible flight experience. Didn’t mean to hijack your thread. I had this posted as a separate thread and for whatever reason it was removed. I’ve had other comparison videos posted in this forum before with plenty of great feedback including moderators … so go figure. Cheers!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Lawrence “Laurie” Doering

Latest video at The Flight Level Ten Minutes of the F-14 Tomcat and Supercarrier - Launch - Mission - Recovery | DCS World | 4K

2 hours ago, Doering said:

Thanks! The other platforms will never catch up to MSFS.

Never say never but in this case yea never is probably most accurate.

bs

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

16 hours ago, bean_sprout said:

Never say never but in this case yea never is probably most accurate.

bs

Yes, so true, never say never. I was mainly referring to the incorporation of world scenery. If the other platforms do not incorporate some form of world scenery technology (especially right out of the box) I just don't see how the complete simulation immersion picture can compete with MSFS.

• Like 1

Lawrence “Laurie” Doering

Latest video at The Flight Level Ten Minutes of the F-14 Tomcat and Supercarrier - Launch - Mission - Recovery | DCS World | 4K