Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

September 9th, 2021 - Development Update

🌲🌲🌲🌲it!!

• Like 1

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I’ve been as supportive as they come, but even I have to wonder how on earth did the testers miss something like “Offscreen Terrain PreCaching on VR menus?”

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, neil0311 said:

I’ve been as supportive as they come, but even I have to wonder how on earth did the testers miss something like “Offscreen Terrain PreCaching on VR menus?”

This is what happens when a company focuses on having/selecting beta testers based on hardware requirements. The dumb and/or un-engaged slip through.

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X, MSI VENTUS 3x OC RTX 3070 8 GB, 32 GB DDR4 3600MHz, 1 TB NVMe SSD, 1 TB HDD, Sharp 43" 4KTV

39 minutes ago, neil0311 said:

its on in the usercfg and I set quality to 3 .

Had been getting trees popping in and now I dont since the editing

23 minutes ago, ranold said:

This is what happens when a company focuses on having/selecting beta testers based on hardware requirements. The dumb and/or un-engaged slip through.

Has less to do with beta testers than software testers on the dev team. They have automated and manual test matrices and harnesses that you would assume would be at the very least confirming that new features appear in the menu.

And maybe they did know, but the work to fix before release on Tuesday wasn’t possible, and they didn’t want to delay. That’s my guess. They knew, and made a calculated decision to release with the big and fix in the next few days.

The impact is really minimal. It’s an annoyance but it’s no worse than pre WU6.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ranold said:

Was there even a beta test for World Update 6 though? I don’t recall a Invitation for beta testers, which is usually what they do for the Sim Updates.

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

7 hours ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

Some users are receiving the Safe Mode pop up when launching the sim despite not having a crash.

This will be resolved in the upcoming hotfix.

So there is indeed a bug.

But let's make sure we all close the sim the way the forum dads are telling us to, kids 😁 (Which most of us were doing anyway!)

Edited by spacedyemeerkat

Finally some love for VR, disappointed that SU5 newly created issues are not priority though (Planes lights for one) as they still need to fix a lot of what they broke in that update, hope they'll be in SU6...

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

7 hours ago, aniiran said:

All I'm seeing is VR, VR, VR.  So big goofy hangars, ugly blocky high clouds, runway light issues, and traffic has all kind of fallen to the wayside for XBox and VR issues... sounds about right.

This kind of envy can't be healthy...

I am not (currently) a VR, but I am happy that they are getting some attention as well.

Not sure what your problems are with clouds, but traffic will most certainly only be fully addressed by 3rd. parties. Besides, WU6 is performing great for most people, so look at the positive side.

• Like 2

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

7 hours ago, aniiran said:

All I'm seeing is VR, VR, VR.  So big goofy hangars, ugly blocky high clouds, runway light issues, and traffic has all kind of fallen to the wayside for XBox and VR issues... sounds about right.

? Pretty much nothing related to VR has been released or updated since its introduction 9 months ago nothing.

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

14 hours ago, aniiran said:

That's because the standard Feedback Snapshots were omitted this week as well, they will resume posting them next one. You can check the most recent ones here. For instance, live traffic will be improved with Sim Update 7, and airport lighting is being investigated.

8 hours ago, abrams_tank said:

Was there even a beta test for World Update 6 though? I don’t recall a Invitation for beta testers, which is usually what they do for the Sim Updates.

Indeed, beta testing will be reserved for Sim Updates, although I think World Update 6 is evidence that all of them should be tested. While I don't think they would have delayed it further, they could have started working on the major issues earlier.

• Like 1

On 9/9/2021 at 11:32 PM, G-RFRY said:

DX12 road map 2021 ???.

Last time I checked there's still over 100 days left in 2021 🙂 but sure it would be nice to have an update.

• Upvote 1

On 9/9/2021 at 11:24 PM, Ianrivaldosmith said:

No more world updates in the foreseeable now? 

Please explain??? Team has already confirmed they are working on WU 7, 8 and possibly 9 - just not got around to providing further details yet. None of these poeple will have skills to fix bugs they are content creators plain and simple.

4 hours ago, dtrjones said:

Please explain??? Team has already confirmed they are working on WU 7, 8 and possibly 9 - just not got around to providing further details yet. None of these poeple will have skills to fix bugs they are content creators plain and simple.

There's no world updates on the road map, that's what they mean by foreseeable future.

• Like 2

Wonder if the Nov SU might bring some of the technical improvements that were supposed to come with the Top Gun release like supersonic flight so third party Devs can make use of them as previously scheduled rather than having to wait another 6+ months.

Edited by Matchstick