Sign in to follow this  
737_800

EDDH Justsim vs Simwings

Simwings....I would not buy anything from JustSim, IMO....

Discord | YouTube | Facebook

34" Odyssey OLED G8 175Hz | 3440X1440 | AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | PNY VERTO OC GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER 16 GB | G.Skill Flare X5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F GAMING WIFI ATX AM5 | Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 | ARCTIC Liquid Freezer III 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler | Fractal Design North XL ATX Full Tower Case

I'd go with Simwings.

I bought Justsim's Hannover a while back, and in P3Dv4 and P3Dv5 the glass jetways are completely see-thru with not a hint of tint or reflection.  Three e-mails over two months were never answered.  The lights are on, but nobody's home. 

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

24 minutes ago, w6kd said:

The lights are on, but nobody's home. 

LOL

Discord | YouTube | Facebook

34" Odyssey OLED G8 175Hz | 3440X1440 | AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | PNY VERTO OC GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER 16 GB | G.Skill Flare X5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F GAMING WIFI ATX AM5 | Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 | ARCTIC Liquid Freezer III 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler | Fractal Design North XL ATX Full Tower Case

11 hours ago, 737_800 said:

which of them is better choise? Simwings is on sale for now. Despite that which one is better?

There's a sale at the Contrail webshop until the 15th for several german an one austrian airport, including EDDH.

https://contrail.shop/products/eddh-hamburg-intl?_pos=1&_sid=bed1b5637&_ss=r

Edited by Belgarath

On 9/10/2021 at 2:25 PM, 737_800 said:

I have just checked the review:

I don't like the snow textues and the ground textures look unsharp to me. Will be there other developers who might develope EDDH? I have just asked PilotPlus, however they have declined since they focus on UK airport.

Both of these are a limitation of the sim to some extent. Yeah, other devs have done a better job of bodging the snow and have done better with the ground textures, but overall this is a great scenery. I don't think it's likely that a third developer will do a version of Hamburg, so I'd just buy it now and enjoy it if I were you 🙂 

spacer.png
filbertflies.comYouTube | Twitch

i7 13700k, GeForce RTX 3080Ti, 32GB RAM

Why does the simwings don't have almost no fences at least not the relevant ones. Is this just an installtion error on my side, or just the whole scenery design? Even most freeware airports do have fences.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 737_800 said:

almost no fences at least not the relevant ones.

Good catch! I asked for adding a fence at the GAT/Himmelsschreiber Café at the Aerosoft forum, but got no reply. The same goes for an issue with aircraft spawning on Rwy05 when selecting Rwy23 on the world map and vice versa (and the AI is obviously also using the opposite runway). But otherwise, it's the best rendition of EDDH so far, and I can tell, as I'm a local and took off and landed there many times irl.

Gigabyte Aorus Z390Master, i9-9900k @ 5.1 Ghz all cores, RTX 2080, 32 GB RAM

47 minutes ago, Tom_L said:

Good catch! I asked for adding a fence at the GAT/Himmelsschreiber Café at the Aerosoft forum, but got no reply. The same goes for an issue with aircraft spawning on Rwy05 when selecting Rwy23 on the world map and vice versa (and the AI is obviously also using the opposite runway). But otherwise, it's the best rendition of EDDH so far, and I can tell, as I'm a local and took off and landed there many times irl.

What annoys me is when approaching rw15 on the left and right sight there is no boundery to the public street. That kind of destroys the experience when approaching the airport. Same issue when you load a flight at stand 48 on the left side, there are no fences either. I have the feeling that simwings had barely passion and love in creating this airport. Comparing to other sceneries, this is weak, especially when you consider the long experience they have. Marking are to colorful. However, they modeled the tower much better than the justsim version. At least I haven't paid the full price, otherwise I would get angry.

• Like 1

After having bought JustSims ELLX and having seen how lousy ground texturing work they did and never replied to my support request... yes you get it by now: no more purchases with them.

51 minutes ago, apollon01 said:

After having bought JustSims ELLX and having seen how lousy ground texturing work they did and never replied to my support request... yes you get it by now: no more purchases with them.

Yeah, but according to Tom_L's experience SimWings is not better at this, even though they got praised on the first page of this thread so much. Anyway, I will email them, if enough people do that maybe we can put enough pressure on them.