Sign in to follow this  
Dominique_K

A post to which you want to show a little love

• Like 6

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Absolutely Dom, this is a clear and obvious fix needed for a while now.  There is a freeware toolbar removal fix on flightsim.to if anyone wnats to use it, but to be honest we shouldn't have to.

• Like 2

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

Agreed! You should have posted in the "Wishlist" section though, as that would have enabled votes. Maybe some "likes" will do the trick anyhow....🙏

• Like 2

Gigabyte Aorus Z390Master, i9-9900k @ 5.1 Ghz all cores, RTX 2080, 32 GB RAM

5 hours ago, cianpars said:

There is a freeware toolbar removal fix on flightsim.to

Just consider this the "hotfix" and implement it, problem solved 🙂

• Like 3

Bert

29 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

I've stayed away from the original remove toolbar mod since it hasn't been updated since release, and I've seen several people link it to CTD's.  The first reply in Domique's flightsimulator.com post links to a new one released a few weeks ago that may be worth a try, though.

Hmm, I would rather have Asobo spend time on other things like tweaking clouds or ATC, or some other stuff that really would make a difference rather then spending time and resources revising how the tool bar works/looks, but that is just me. I have no issues with how it works/looks now. 

• Upvote 1

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

The toolbar needs to stay.  How else am I to remember where the menu is each time I play?

Gary

i9-13900K, Asus RTX 4080, Asus Z790 Plus Wi-Fi, 32 GB Ram, Seasonic GX-1000W, LG C1 48” OLED 4K monitor, Quest 3 VR

5 hours ago, CarlosF said:

Hmm, I would rather have Asobo spend time on other things like tweaking clouds or ATC, or some other stuff that really would make a difference rather then spending time and resources revising how the tool bar works/looks, but that is just me. I have no issues with how it works/looks now. 

If you're fine with a prominent white line/caret on the screen permanently, that's fine, but that is not how it worked on release.  It used to fade after a few seconds of mouse inactivity, and no longer does.  It clearly bugs more than a few people, as there have been several mods released to address it.  It's not a matter of revising how it works, it's a matter of reverting a revision. i.e. it wasn't broken until they fixed it.  It seems odd that someone would prefer how it is now versus how it worked initially, but if that's your thing... OK.

1 hour ago, Gilandred said:

The toolbar needs to stay.  How else am I to remember where the menu is each time I play?

No one suggested getting rid of the toolbar.  It is merely a matter of making it less obnoxious and obtrusive, like it was on release (see above).  As for remembering where it is... just move the mouse pointer to the top middle of the screen, and there it is.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Beagle12 said:

Give us back the ability to hide the HUD with a keystroke please.

The ALT key to call menus in P3D and older sims was less obtrusive indeed. 

• Like 2

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

9 hours ago, CarlosF said:

Well, if you don’t mind having a relatively large icon in the middle of the screen when you fly, to each his own as they say. 

I dont ask that they tweak anything btw, just that they bring back the pre-SU5 mode which was not ideal but at least palatable.

Dominique

Am I missing something here? I'm using the free mod mentioned above and don't see the tool bar unless I purposely hover over it. It still works post SU-5 and post WU6. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

Exactly, there are other issues where we don't have such "mod-hotfixes", which were more important to solve.

• Like 1

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).