Sign in to follow this  
Dominique_K

A post to which you want to show a little love

6 minutes ago, 6297J said:

Am I missing something here? I'm using the free mod mentioned above and don't see the tool bar unless I purposely hover over it. It still works post SU-5 and post WU6. 

I do not want to use a mod if I can avoid it, specially an utility mod. I do not have any CTD and I want to keep it that way. Asobo has messed up the UI interface in SU5 and correcting it seems the way to go.

Edited by Dominique_K

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

6 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

I do not want to use a mod if I can avoid it, specially an utility mod. I do not have any CTD and I want to keep it that way. Asobo has messed up the UI interface in SU5 and correcting it seems the way to go.

Have you even tried it? 

I am not willing to test a mod to check whether or not it brings a CTD or undesirable effects. Been here, done that for a long time in its predecessors. No more. The less mods I have, the better I am. The default UI interface was OK before SU5,  no reason why it should be worse now. When Asobo makes a bug, we don’t need a palliative, we need a correction. 

• Like 3

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

16 hours ago, CarlosF said:

Hmm, I would rather have Asobo spend time on other things like tweaking clouds or ATC, or some other stuff that really would make a difference rather then spending time and resources revising how the tool bar works/looks, but that is just me. I have no issues with how it works/looks now. 

According to what the well informed say, there are a number of different teams working in parallel on this product, so we shouldn't be afraid of asking things in different departments: in this case UI for the toolbar, meteo/graphics for the clouds.

My only fear is that once the teams are done, Quality Assurance will miss some nasty bug and we will be in trouble again. Too bad, because in principle what we have now is pretty cool.

A.

a workaround that works for me on PC:  in cockpit, hold the left ALT button and hit an arrow key to adjust your viewpoint left or right slightly.  That makes the toolbar thing disappear but it comes back the minute you move your mouse.  

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

Just to be clear, are we talking about the tiny arrow thing in the op center that won't go away?

Because the toolbar itself only pops in when I move the mouse to the top. 

If it's the tiny arrow, moving your position in cockpit removes it. But it kind of sucks having to do that for screenshots etc.

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

14 minutes ago, Republic3D said:

Just to be clear, are we talking about the tiny arrow thing in the op center that won't go away?

Because the toolbar itself only pops in when I move the mouse to the top. 

If it's the tiny arrow, moving your position in cockpit removes it. But it kind of sucks having to do that for screenshots etc.

We are talking about the white widget at the upper center of the screen which is a triangle+bar which can call the toolbar. Any mouse move makes it reappear. It is a pain in the behind for flying, taking screenshots or movie.

• Like 1

Dominique

8 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

We are talking about the white widget at the upper center of the screen which is a triangle+bar which can call the toolbar. Any mouse move makes it reappear. It is a pain in the behind for flying, taking screenshots or movie.

Okay I understand what you mean. It's quite ridiculous, and it should be a super easy fix. 

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

I just hit the up arrow key, of the 4 arrow keys by themselves, and the bar immediately goes away, until the next time it appears. . 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I installed the handlebar mod linked in the first post. It doesn't really remove the white dot, unlike the no handlebar mod which does. Or maybe I missed a setting. 

I don't particularly care to debate the "trust" thing.  

But just to clarify the public record,  the no handlebar mod which I linked was created by Rob Jones of Working Title.     His username here (and elsewhere) is Kaosfere.   

Pretty sure that he's earned our good faith by now.    

• Like 1

On 9/10/2021 at 10:00 PM, Sigwolf said:

It used to fade after a few seconds of mouse inactivity, and no longer does

That is odd, there must be something wrong with your setup, because in my case the tool bar DOES disappear after a few seconds of inactivity. 

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

As there is a no problem mod for this one, this is a non item. Should be solved but with a very low priority.

I9-14900K,  Gigabyte B760 Aorus Elite AX, RTX 4080, 32 ram.1 tb nvme  M.2 SSD, MSFS 2020 on 2 tb nvme m.2 SSD

On 9/11/2021 at 2:04 AM, Dominique_K said:

if you don’t mind having a relatively large icon in the middle of the screen when you fly

I honestly don't have a problem with the tool bar being where it is, as it disappears as soon as there is no mouse activity. In my case it only appears if I hover the mouse pointer over it. No big deal here.

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo