Sign in to follow this  
vonsworld

Running FS2020 on 2 PC's from the same MS Account?

Please excuse this simple question but I am new to the Microsoft Store and their Apps.

I purchased FS2020 for my Dad and he runs it at home on his PC logged into my MS account.

Can I download and install it on the PC at my home, using the same MS Account, and run it at the same time as him? Or do I need to buy another copy of FS2020?

Thanks for your help :-)

If you think for a moment....... you will realize that is not going to work.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

I thought games from the MS Store could be loaded by the owner on more than one PC? I've done a google search and this seems to be the case, so why not with FS2020?

Please indulge me 🙂

2 minutes ago, vonsworld said:

I thought games from the MS Store could be loaded by the owner on more than one PC? I've done a google search and this seems to be the case, so why not with FS2020?

Please indulge me 🙂

Well if you are running the same copy on your PC and you Dads PC, that means you paid for one copy , and now have two copies. Can't you see how that is wrong???

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

There are a few games that you can load on more than one computer, but the majority will not allow more than one machine at a time to use the program. That is part of anti-pirate protection.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

1 minute ago, jimcarrel said:

not allow more than one machine at a time

I think that is the key distinction..

Bert

I don't mind buying another copy, but I didn't want to buy a second copy only to find that I didn't really need to !

There are plenty of posts on forums that say an MS store game owner can run it on more than one pc.

19 minutes ago, vonsworld said:

I don't mind buying another copy, but I didn't want to buy a second copy only to find that I didn't really need to !

There are plenty of posts on forums that say an MS store game owner can run it on more than one pc.

But not at the same time.. 😉

Bert

40 minutes ago, vonsworld said:

But not at the same time.

• Like 1