Sign in to follow this  
cantremember

Update 6: Game doesn't start anymore

In true MSFS2020 fashion, the update stops the game from starting again and I (once again, like with every other update) need your much appreciated help.

The symptoms I have now are this: When I click on the icon, the game says there's a mandatory update and the game has to be updated in the MS Store. Then it closes itself and opens the MS Store.
But there when I go to updates, nothing needs to be updated, and if I look up the MIcrosoft Flight Simulator app the blue button just says "Play" with no option to update.

What to do? I wish MS would get notice of these issues because this is the 6th update, and the 6th time the update just breaks the game that I can't even start it anymore without going online to get help on forums 😤

23 minutes ago, cantremember said:

What to do?

A number of us ran into this already and the fix is documented in this forum.

From the MS store, download and install the "XBox" app and start it up.

Edit: Then look for the MSFS update in the store..

This is a one-time thing..

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

I installed the Xbox app. When I started it, it logs me in right away and flightsim is listed as the one game I own so that's good. However when I start it from there, it still says there's a mandatory update available and just quits to desktop again right after I click ok.

3 minutes ago, cantremember said:

I installed the Xbox app. When I started it, it logs me in right away and flightsim is listed as the one game I own so that's good. However when I start it from there, it still says there's a mandatory update available and just quits to desktop again right after I click ok.

Hmmm, read through the topic referenced above.. try looking for the update in the store one more time.

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

Oh yeah, after installing the Xbox App, THEN opening the MS Store again, it will show the update for the FlightSim app.

I hope I'm not just the only one thinking that the way this works is completely illogical. I wish I was a professional and not just a regular end-user so I could give MS a piece of my mind on their update mechanism

• Like 1