Sign in to follow this  
beatle

FSUIPC.4 removal from FSX

Guest X15

Hi guys,Any special tips for removing FSUIPC.4 from FSX?I would just like to see if it is having any effect on my VFR scenery performance, if not I will reinstal. (I'm assuming here it can't be switched off, or can it, it is the unregistered version which I simply installed to run FS Flight School, but until I get my scenery sorted I need to know if it is a possible problem)

just move the FSUIPC4.DLL in your fsxmodules folder to some safe place.And put it back there when you want it back.Don't mess with the registration.I think that might workManny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

It is very easy. Simply move the FSUIPC.dll from the FSX/modules folder to your desktop. That is it. There is a separate license and init file that can remain in the modules folder. Have fun!Bob..

I am trying this too-it is interesting the other day I was messing with the .dll file trying to get a program reinstalled ( a long story but hard drive crashed-trying to get everything working again by copying backups to new drive). By mistake I screwed up the .dll file. 4 of my add ins did not load-and I got a 10fps increase.It will be interesting to see what is responsible.

Guest firehawk44

Besides removing from your Modules folder you'll have to edit the dll.xml file and remove the following: FSUIPC 4FalseModulesFSUIPC4.dllBest regards,Jim

Besides removing from your Modules folder you'll have to edit the dll.xml file and remove the following:FSUIPC 4FalseModulesFSUIPC4.dllI don't believe that is true. I removed FSUIPC4.DLL several weeks ago, placed it in a temporary holding folder and have experienced no unwelcome side-effects. If you check the 'Addons' menu item in FSX you will see no mention of FSUIPC. I'm sure all you need to do to disable this module temporarily is, as has been said, to simply remove it from the Modules folder.Mike

Guest X15

Hi Jim,I seemed to get away with just moving the FSUIPC4.dll - as FSX fired up but the addon option has gone from the top bar. Filemon shows no attempt to access it. (but I've added the above to my note pad and will check the dll.xml file out)Good news is that without FSUIPC4.. no stutters and an apparent increase in FPS with the Just Flight VFR photo scenery over the standard textures. I need to do some more testing but I was getting regular stutters and just flew around an area which previously seemed to cause it at regular intervals and it was totally stutter free :0) So thanks to all for the help.

No need to delete those lines, just change the:Falseto:TrueThat's what its there for :->

I tried to edit the FSUIPC4.DLL file but couldn't find a programme to open it; neither WordPad nor Notepad in Win 7 worked. So I renamed FSUIPC4.dll to ZZFSUIPC4.dll.No more AddOns on the top menu bar.

as I could not live without the control calibration of fsuipc!
I would uninstall FSX before I uninstall FSUIPC :(

Hi,1. You don't open the .dll file, you open the FSUIPC.ini file. The .dll is full of program code and cannot be changed except by Pete. So now you need to reinstall FSUIPC to fix things.2. Why are we commenting on a 3 year old post?