Sign in to follow this  
Deltaair1212

ProATC/X AI hold position

I posed this question in the PATCX forums but as we all know it’s hit or miss with them and sometimes you get a response and sometimes you don’t so I thought I’d ask here as well. To all of my PATCX users, I need to know if you all are having the same issue I am with my AI. So at any airport I am at, my aircraft will be parked on the ramp, far away from any taxiing AI traffic but ATC will instruct them to hold position for my aircraft even though there is no conflict. And I am again nowhere near the AI traffic. They will just sit in the same spot and back up other traffic coming or going.At least with the default ATC, the traffic will disappear after a certain amount of time so it doesn’t back up the airport. I just want to see if I’m crazy or not because I can’t be the only one with this issue… I remember reading that PATCX does not control AI on the ground but this can’t be true because when using the program it actually tells my AI to stop for no reason at all. 

When I'm at a gate, I have normal ai traffic around me. When I taxi, PATC asks the ai to hold position when they come too close. It is far from perfect and they stop way too often and mostly too far away, but it works some how and at least, ai does not crash into me.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

57 minutes ago, Nemo said:

When I'm at a gate, I have normal ai traffic around me. When I taxi, PATC asks the ai to hold position when they come too close. It is far from perfect and they stop way too often and mostly too far away, but it works some how and at least, ai does not crash into me.

Do they hold for your aircraft even though you are parked at the gate? Mine does this and it’s so annoying. I’m not even active and they still hold for my aircraft 

30 minutes ago, rob0203 said:

Get Vox Atc it generates its own traffic

Sorry mate nothing beats AIG lol. I need accurate traffic I’m picky lol. That’s why I could never get into vatsim 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Deltaair1212 said:

Sorry mate nothing beats AIG lol. I need accurate traffic I’m picky lol. That’s why I could never get into vatsim 

Vox Atc generates its own traffic from AIG Bgl files and actually does traffic separation etc. 😉

Edited by rob0203

48 minutes ago, rob0203 said:

Vox Atc generates its own traffic from AIG Bgl files and actually does traffic separation etc. 😉

Out of interest do you hear comms between other aircraft and Vox ATC or just your aircraft?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

14 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Out of interest do you hear comms between other aircraft and Vox ATC or just your aircraft?

Yes, you hear comms between other aircraft and VoxAtc!

Out of interest? Why don't you try it...and see. VoxAtc has a limited time free trial.

Richard.

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

6 hours ago, DrumsArt said:

Yes, you hear comms between other aircraft and VoxAtc!

Out of interest? Why don't you try it...and see. VoxAtc has a limited time free trial.

Richard.

I’ll consider it but to be honest I think I’ve become institutionalised to RC having used it for over 15 years.

I’m curious about this statement... “Vox Atc generates its own traffic from AIG Bgl files...”.

VoxATC doesn’t generate the traffic surely? The existence of the BGLs and the AIG addon does all the necessary work. Does VoxATC do any manipulation of that?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

3 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

VoxATC doesn’t generate the traffic surely? The existence of the BGLs and the AIG addon does all the necessary work. Does VoxATC do any manipulation of that?

I think it injects traffic, same as UTLive and AIGTC. The only part of the AIG installation it will be using are the aircraft models and liveries. It makes use of whatever aircraft are available.  I don't know how realistic its choice of aircraft for airports or times and routes is. Like Pilot2ATC it is voice controlled, but unlike Pilot2ATC it seems to need stuff installed and displayed on the P3D PC, which is why I've avoided it in favour of P2A.

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

11 minutes ago, Pete Dowson said:

Like Pilot2ATC it is voice controlled

Thanks Pete. That requirement rules it out for me.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

2 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Thanks Pete. That requirement rules it out for me.

😉

Yes. Note the "Vox" in the name!

Pete

• Upvote 1

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

On 9/12/2021 at 1:14 PM, Ray Proudfoot said:

Yes, you do! It is a real environment because all the AI traffic is generated by VoxAtc. It is seperated and communicates with Atc.

2 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

I think it injects traffic, same as UTLive and AIGTC. The only part of the AIG installation it will be using are the aircraft models and liveries. It makes use of whatever aircraft are available.  I don't know how realistic its choice of aircraft for airports or times and routes is. Like Pilot2ATC it is voice controlled, but unlike Pilot2ATC it seems to need stuff installed and displayed on the P3D PC, which is why I've avoided it in favour of P2A.

Pete

Yes, but it is a really realistic environment. I use VoxAtc with Traffic Global which is also Bgl based. 

When I am in Holland I see airlines which should be there, and in China I see Asian / Chinese airlines etc. Atc Will also call the correct callsigns. I don’t know about the exact schedules but I have a flight simulator not a airline schedule simulator!

All the other Atc programma (Pilot2Atc / ProATC) in my honoust opinion should not call themselves ATC software. Atc controls and seperates the traffic and VoxAtc is the only program which actually 

Edited by rob0203

14 minutes ago, rob0203 said:

Yes, you do! It is a real environment because all the AI traffic is generated by VoxAtc. It is seperated and communicates with Atc.

Thanks but the Voice-only option is not for me.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather