Sign in to follow this  
Bilal2104

4k 60hz to 1440p 144hz..WOW

1 minute ago, filou said:

The counterproductive argument for me it's your comment Day and Night.

OK, so if we said "It's a big difference, double the FPS"   that would be factually accurate and ok with you?  It was the choice of words that caused your entire rant trying to prove everyone else wrong and make your point?  

So OK, let's settle it, it's not "night and day" it is literally "double the performance"    Happy now?  

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

8 minutes ago, swiesma said:

Well. After reading your comments I wouldn’t be surprised if you watch this video on a 30 Hz Monitor. 

This made me laugh out loud! Sat there with a monitor set to 30hz saying he swears he can't see the difference and calling anyone that disagrees a poodle. What is going on 😂

1 minute ago, psolk said:

But it is noticeable.  That's the point.  Ad it is better at 60 FPS in all cases.  There is no case where if you can achieve 60 FPS 30 FPS is better.  The ONLY reason to use 30 FPS is if 60 is not consistently achievable.

Do you argue 30 is the same as 60 or 30 is better than 60?  Of course they aren't, that is ludicrous.  

"Do you argue 30 is the same as 60 or 30 is better than 60?  Of course they aren't, that is ludicrous".  

What would be ridiculous of you is not to have read the comments since the beginning and don't count on me to do the job for you.Lazy!

CORSAIR 4000 AIRFLOW (WHITE) / RYZEN 5800X3D / ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS / ARTIC LIQUID FREEZERII 240 / 32 GO DDR4 3200 KINGSTON FURY / MSI RTX4090 VENTUS 3X 24G OC / KINGSTON NV1 NVME 2 TO / BE QUIET PURE POWER 11FM  1000W 80PLUS GOLD / SAMSUNG NEO QLED 43" 4K.

1 hour ago, filou said:

It's no more absurd to say The difference between 30 and 60 FPS is night and day

Oh the difference between 30 and 60fps is very apparent to me within less than a second, and the video just proves the point.

But I have to admit, I'd prefer 30-40 fps anytime over of 60fps if I get better visuals with it, at least in MSFS where the latency isn't as important as in shooters. That's assuming the frametimes are stable and without further stutters, g-sync is in use, and it's on a screen not in VR. 

My simming system: AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 Ti Super 16GB, LG 38" 3840x1600

Just now, filou said:

"Do you argue 30 is the same as 60 or 30 is better than 60?  Of course they aren't, that is ludicrous".  

What would be ridiculous of you is not to have read the comments since the beginning and don't count on me to do the job for you.Lazy!

Ah, ok, so no answer for my question so now it is me and I am lazy?   Seems as soon as you lose your argument you take to attacking others instead.  Well done.  

• Like 1

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

1 minute ago, psolk said:

Ah, ok, so no answer for my question so now it is me and I am lazy?   Seems as soon as you lose your argument you take to attacking others instead.  Well done.  

Reread it from the beginning it will avoid unnecessary comments.

CORSAIR 4000 AIRFLOW (WHITE) / RYZEN 5800X3D / ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS / ARTIC LIQUID FREEZERII 240 / 32 GO DDR4 3200 KINGSTON FURY / MSI RTX4090 VENTUS 3X 24G OC / KINGSTON NV1 NVME 2 TO / BE QUIET PURE POWER 11FM  1000W 80PLUS GOLD / SAMSUNG NEO QLED 43" 4K.

Oh I see this thread has ended in an FPS argument, that was unexpected 🙄

Is 60 fps better than 30 fps? Yes. But it's not "night and day" in a flight simulator given objects generally aren't close and moving across the screen quickly. The one area what you do notice the difference in MFS is if you're using VR.

If you can run 60 FPS MFS that's great, for me i'm willing to sacrifice a little fluidity (yes it's technically 50% but FPS is subject to diminishing returns) for better graphic detail.

Of course if you're playing a multiplayer first person shooter that requires quick responses then you'll want 60 FPS, but we're talking about flight simulator here.

Edited by ckyliu
  • Like 2

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

This topic is very close to being locked and some formal warnings being issued. Keep personal insults out of your arguments please.

• Like 3

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

3 minutes ago, filou said:

Reread it from the beginning it will avoid unnecessary comments.

I read the entire thread, your argument is still factually incorrect and you are hung up on the semantics rather than the facts and resorting to name calling.  Really?  Come on man, let's have respectful discourse without the name calling and insults.  

Edited by psolk
  • Like 1

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

2 minutes ago, psolk said:

I read the entire thread, your argument is still factually incorrect and you are hung up on the semantics rather than the facts and resorting to name calling.  Really?  Come on man... 

You read too fast probably 60 fps.

Mods, please take this thread out of this misery... How old (or young) are you people?? 

• Like 3

Tapani Österberg

4 minutes ago, filou said:

You read too fast probably 60 fps.

So I got to the facts twice as quick as you...  Let me know when you arrive, I'm twice as quick at 60 FPS so I'll wait for you to catch up... 

Edited by psolk
  • Upvote 1

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

6 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

This topic is very close to being locked and some formal warnings being issued. Keep personal insults out of your arguments please.

Please Ray do not lock this good thread, ban the guy and thats it ! 

• Like 3

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

7 minutes ago, ckyliu said:

Oh I see this thread has ended in an FPS argument, that was unexpected 🙄

Is 60 fps better than 30 fps? Yes. But it's not "night and day" in a flight simulator given objects generally aren't close and moving across the screen quickly. The one area what you do notice the difference in MFS is if you're using VR.

If you can run 60 FPS MFS, good for you, for me i'm willing to sacrifice a little fluidity (yes it's technically 50% but FPS is subject to diminshing returns) for better graphic detail.

I think this is likely related to the type of flying you do - if you fly the Flyingiron Spitfire with trackIR at 500ft agl its a huge difference, but I suspect less of a huge difference in a 320 at FL36.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ckyliu said:

Yep, for VR high fps are key, for other stuff it's a matter of preference and of how important low latencies between input and screen output are in a given game (or simulator if you will). In MSFS the latency certainly matters less than in a fast-paced shooter, except maybe in aerobatic flight. Still it's easy to see the difference between 30 and 60 fps in certain situations, and some simmers care less than others about fps.

1 minute ago, ckyliu said:

If you can run 60 FPS MFS, good for you, for me i'm willing to sacrifice a little fluidity (yes it's technically 50% but FPS is subject to diminshing returns) for better graphic detail.

So am I, and that's why I think it's really good to have sliders that go beyond the visual quality that a high-end card can render at 60fps. Those who are after max fluidity can still move the sliders down a notch, the others that prefer visual fidelity over high fps can tune for 30-40 fps. 

• Like 1

My simming system: AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 Ti Super 16GB, LG 38" 3840x1600