Sign in to follow this  
FlyingsCool

How to organize saved flights in FSX?

Guest dswo

In previous versions, you could organize saved flights in folders. This doesn't seem to work in FSX. Any alternatives?

Hi, I recently started organizing flights by specific areas which correspond to the scenery area .cfg I'm using.I have lots of scenery addons so I set up scenery area folders which are right for me and where I like to fly.Some Examples: /scenery Europe, /scenery Islands, /scenery USA etc. I put all of the addon files for a specific area in their respective scenery area folders. Then I also set up individual scenery.cfg files for those areas. Recently, I set up flight folders to correspond to those scenery areas. As an example: For Europe I have the following : /scenery Europe, /Flights Europe, scenery Europe.cfgLets say I currently have /scenery USA installed but want to fly in Europe. When I want to fly in Europe, I delete scenery.cfg and then copy scenery Europe.cfg and then rename the copy - scenery.cfgThen I empty out /Flight Simulator FX Files in /My Documents and copy in the contents of Flights Europe.This may sound like a big deal to do, but it works very well for me. Also, since I like to fly low and slow and not too far, I'm not concerned about flying out of the area I currently have installed.Hope this helps,,,,

Wow! That's a lot of work.I wonder why they removed this functionality? It worked so well in FS9, seems weird that this would affect anything. Perhaps it's an issue with security and they didn't have time to get around it?I'd love to know if there is a missing parameter that at least allows you to specify directories for flight plans.Thomas[a href=http://www.flyingscool.com] http://www.flyingscool.com/images/Signature.jpg [/a]I like using VC's :-)N15802 KASH '73 Piper Cherokee Challenger 180

Tom Perry

Signature.jpg